Wild Eggs Plant
WILD EGGS PLANT
Wild eggs plant is also known by the names as Bhat kataieya, Kataieya and Veaguna. It is a kind of wild eggs plant (kateri). Its plants are 60 to 90 centimeters high. The fruits of wild eggs plant are like the small brinjal. Its leaves are thorny like brinjal leaves. It fruits are yellow with spots. Its plants are like wild eggs plant.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Stone: Take 14 to 28 ml juice of wild eggs plant’s panchang mixing with honey twice a day. Its use removes the stones and cures strangury.
2. Infantile cough: Giving 20 to 50 milligrams flowers of wild eggs plant (Bhat kataieya) with honey to the child twice a day proves beneficial in this cough. A child gets rid of cough within 2 days.
3. Bronchitis: Take 20 to 40 ml decoction of wild eggs plant’s root twice a day to get relief in bronchitis.
4. Lungs’ problems: Take 20 to 40 ml decoction of wild eggs plant (Bhat kataiya) or 3 to 12 ml juice of its leaves twice a day. Its use provides relief in many problems of the lungs.
5. Asthma or breathing problems:
- Take 20 to 40 ml decoction of wild eggs plant’s root or 2 to 5 ml juice of its leaves twice a day for getting relief in asthma.
- Dry panchang of wild eggs plant in shadow and prepare powder. Mix 120 grams ras sindur in 4 to 6 grams this powder. Licking this preparation mixing with 6 grams honey twice a day provides complete relief in cough and asthma.
6. Whooping cough: Dry the fibers of wild eggs’ plant in shadow and mix 18 to 24 ml honey in it. Lick this mixture 5-7 times a day to get relief in whooping cough.
- Taking the decoction of tinospora (guduchu) with the root of wild eggs’ plant is very useful medicine in cough. Its two dosages daily bring the phlegm out. If one mixes black salt and honey in this decoction, the quality of this decoction increases.
- Take 14 to 28 milliliters decoction of wild eggs’ plant mixing with the powder of black pepper thrice a day. Its use provides relief in cough.
- Grind 10 grams seeds of wild eggs’ plant and mix in 60 ml honey. Licking this mixture regularly provides relief.
- Taking 2 to 5 ml decoction of wild eggs plant’s leaves mixing with small pepper and honey twice a day provides relief in cough and brings the chronic phlegm out.
- If a person vomits while coughing or he has been suffering from cough caused by asthma, mix a little rock salt and asafetida in the decoction of wild eggs plant’s root. Give 20 to 40 ml this decoction to the affected patient twice a day. Its use provides relief.
8. Swelling and inflammation of the tongue: Take 20 to 40 ml decoction of wild eggs plant’s root twice a day to get relief.
9. Conception: Uproot the root of white wild eggs plant on Sunday at auspicious moment and dry it in shadow. Peel this root and grind this bark into fine powder. Give 10 grams this powder with 250 ml fresh milk of cow to the woman from the beginning of menstrual excretion until 3 days pass. Its regular use is helpful in conception.
10. Stomatitis (mouth blisters): Make a decoction by boiling the panchang of wild eggs’ plant. Gargling with this decoction ends mouth blisters and cures other diseases of the mouth. Its use relieves in pain.
11. Pain and swelling: Take 20 to 40 ml decoction of wild eggs plant’s root or one fourth to five ml juice of its leaves reduces the pain and swelling. It is an anodyne medicine.
12. Ascites: Grind the root of wild eggs’ plant and prepare decoction by boiling it. Take 20 to 40 ml this decoction mixing with honey twice a day to get relief in ascites.
13. Gallstone: Take 2 grams powder of wild eggs plant’s root with sweet curd twice a day. Its use provides relief within seven days.
14. Arthritis: Taking 25 to 50 ml juice of wild eggs plant’s leaves mixing with black pepper twice a day provides relief in rheumatic pain.
15. Heart pain: Boil tinospora and root of wild eggs’ plant 10 grams each in 500 ml water to prepare decoction. Boil the preparation until it remains only 100 ml. Drink this decoction after filtering twice a day. Its use provides relief in heart pain.
16. Headache: Apply the juice of wild eggs plant’s fruits on the forehead. Headache disappears by its application.
17. Inflammation in the larynx: Take 20 to 40 ml decoction of wild eggs plant’s root or 2.5 to 5 ml juice of its leaves twice a day. Its use cures swelling and inflammation of the larynx vanish by the use of this medicine.
18. Swelling of the throat: Take 3 to five ml decoction of wild eggs plant’s root or its leaves juice twice a day. The intake of this medicine reduces swelling and pain of the throat.