The creeper of wild asparagus is found all over India but mostly it is found in North India. Wild asparagus creeper is grown in gardens and bungalows for decoration. Its creeper climbs with the help of a tree which has many thorns. Its branches and sub branches spread all around and transform into a bush. Its thorns are 6 to 12 millimeters long with a little curvature. Its leaves are 4 to 6 inches long, small, sharp in clusters. Wild asparagus flowers are small, fragrant, in 3 to 5 mm diameter and blossom in clusters on the stems of flower (manjri). Its creeper looks complete white because of thousands of flowers in November month. Wild asparagus fruits are round like pea and turns into red after ripening. Each fruit has 1-2 black seeds. Its root is long, round like fruit, thick like finger, white, dusty, yellow and hundred in numbers. These roots are used as medicine. The taste of wild asparagus is vapid.
According to Scientists: After several reasearches the chemical structure of wild asparagus it has been found that it contains 7 percent sugar, mucilage pichhil liquid and saponin amino acid etc.
According to Greeks: Wild asparagus is first class cool natured and greasy. It is used for gaining body strength.
Name in Different Languages:
English - Wild asparagus
Hindi - Shatavar, Satmuli, Shatavar
Sanskrit - Shatavari, Shatvirya
Marathi - Shatmuli, Laghu satavari
Gujarati - Semukha
Bengali - Shatmuli
Nature: Wild asparagus is cool in nature but according to Greek medical science it is hot and dry in nature.
Precaution: Wild asparagus causes headache.
Removing side effects: Taking wild asparagus with honey removes its all side effects.
Comparison: Wild asparagus is compared with white behen.
Tuber-root juice - 10 to 20 milliliters
Fruit’s powder - 3 to 6 grams
Root decoction - 50 to 100 milliliters
Wild asparagus is good for brain. It is cool by nature and useful for the eyes. It increases breast’s milk, physical power and sperm count. It ends stomach inflammation, loose motions and swelling. It eliminates vatta and pitta. It also purifies the blood. Its use remains far a person from old age to some extant.
Useful in Different Diseases:
1. Catarrh: Grind 10 grams ground wild asparagus and 5 black peppers with water. Taking this mixture twice a day gets rid of catarrh.
2. Vatta disorders: Grind wild asparagus and long pepper 20 grams each together. Taking 5 grams this preparation with milk after filtering in the morning checks vatta disorders.
- Make the powder by grinding wild asparagus, bamboo manna, winter cherry, eila and greater galangal together. Take 3 grams this powder mixing with 6 grams sugar followed by milk. Its use ends impotence within a few months.
- Boil 4 grams powder of wild asparagus and winter cherry in milk. Drinking this preparation ends impotence.
- Boil wild asparagus in milk for a long time drink by mixing sugar-candy in it. Drinking this milk ends impotence within a few months.
- Boil 3 grams powder of wild asparagus in milk and mix sugar-candy in it. Drinking this milk ends sexual weakness.
4. Headache: Grind the fresh root of wild asparagus plant and extract its juice. Mix equal quantity of sesame oil in the above juice and boil. Rubbing this mixture on the head ends headache and migraine.
5. Dry cough:
- Boil wild asparagus, leaves of malabar nut tree and sugar-candy 10 grams each in 150 ml water. Drinking this mixture thrice a day ends dry cough.
- Boil wild asparagus, leaves of malabar nut tree and sugar-candy in water. Drinking this mixture ends dry cough.
6. Choked milk of the breast: Grind wild asparagus, aniseed and Indian kudzu 50 grams each together then sieve it. Taking 5 grams of this mixture with water or milk eliminates choked milk of the breast.
7. Leucorrhoea: Grind 150 grams wild asparagus and filter. Boil its 20 grams quantity in 200 ml milk and 200 ml water until it remains half. Then mix loaf-sugar in it. Drinking this preparation twice a daygets rid of leucorrhoea.
8. White leucorrhoea: Take the powder of wild asparagus mixing with honey. Its use gets rid of white leucorrhoea.
9. Bleeding from the vagina:
Boil 20 grams root of wild asparagus and caltrop root in 160 ml milk of goat and one kilogram water until it remains a little. Give it to the woman. Its use stops bleeding from the vagina.
10. Sperm deficiency:
- Take the juice of whether wild asparagus or Indian goose berry or caltrop’s decoction mixng with honey. Its use purifies the sperm.
- Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of wild asparagus, white musle, winter cherry, caltrop, Indian goose berry and seeds of cow hedge together. Taking 3 grams this powder twice a day enhances sperm count.
- Make syrup by mixing 10 to 20 grams powder of wild asparagus in sugar mixed milk. Drinking this syrup twice a day enhances sperm count and makes the sperm thick.
- Chop wet wild asparagus and throw its middle straws. Grind sugar-candy and mix in it. Takie the above preparation with this milk. Its use enhances sperm count.
12. Arthritis: Massage the oil of wild asparagus on the knees regularly. This medicine cures the disease arthritis.
13. Guineaworms: Drinking the syrup of wild asparagus provides relief in guineaworms.
14. Insomnia: Mix ghee in the pudding (khir) of wild asparagus and take. Its use gets rid of the disease named insomnia.
15. Night blindness: Cook sabji of wild asparagus’s leaves with ghee. Eating this sabji cures night blindness.
16. Cough caused by vatta: Mix one gram powder of long pepper in lightwarm decoction of wild asparagus. Taking this mixture thrice a day is beneficial to stop cough caused by vatta and the patient feels no trouble.
17. Asthma and unconsciousness: Boil one gram powder of wild asparagus, one gram ghee and 4 ml milk together. Boil this mixture again mixing with pure ghee then put it down. Giving this preparation to the patientbreaks unconsciousness and this medicine is useful in acidity, asthma and disturbances in the blood caused by bile. It checks vatta and vatta disorders. It also quenches thirst.
18. Breast’s engorgement:
- Take 10 grams powder of wild asparagus mixing with milk. Its use increases the milk of the breast.
- Grind wild asparagus with cow milk and take. It makes the breast milk sweet and nutritive.
19. Blood diarrhoea: Grind wet wild asparagus with milk and filter it. Taking this mixture 3-4 times a day is useful to prevent blood diarrhoea.
20. Strangury: (retention and inflmmation of urine): Boil caltrop’s panchang and wild asparagus 20 grams each with 500 milliliters water and filter it. Mix 10 grams sugar-candy and 2 spoons honey in it and take some quantity of this preparation. It cures strangury.
21. Sexual power: Make pudding (khir) with the powder of wild asparagus and milk. Taking this pudding or boiled wild asparagus enhances sexual power.
22. Wound: Make the powder by grinding 20 grams leaves of wild asparagus plant. Fry this powder with double quantity of ghee and grind it properly. Apply this mixture on the wounds regularly. Its use heals chronic wounds up.
23. Night-fall: Grind 250 grams powder of fresh root of wild asparagus plant and 250 grams sugar-candy together. Taking 6 to 7 grams this mixture with 250 ml milk twice a day prevents night-fall and makes the body powerful.
24. Urinary problems: Make syrup by taking wild asparagus and caltrop. Drinking this syrup ends urinary problems.
25. Stone: Mix 20 to 50 ml juice of wild asparagus in equal quantity of cow milk. Drinking this mixture breaks stone of the kidney and throws it out with urine.
26. Spermathorrhoea: Take 20 ml wild asparagus juice with 80 ml milk to get rid of spermathorrhoea.
27. Internal warts of hemorrhoids: Take 2 to 4 grams powder of wild asparagus with milk daily. Its use destroys the internal warts of hemorrhoids.
28. Bilious leucorrhoea: Take 10 to 20 ml juice of wild asparagus mixing with one spoon honey twice a day. Its use gets rid of leucorrhoea caused by bile.
29. Fever caused by vatta: Mix a little jiggery (gur) in 10 ml juice of wild asparagus and 10 grams tinospora juice then take. Prepare decoction by boiling wild asparagus and tinospora then and take 50-60 ml decoction mixing with 2 spoons honey. The patient gets rid of fever caused by vatta.
30. Poisoning: Mix milk in the juice of wild asparagus’s root and give it to the patient to drink. Its use alleviates poisoning.
31. Body strength:
- Eat cooked wild asparagus or pudding (Khir) of wild asparagus’s powder to enhance body power.
- Make the powder by grinding wild asparagus and winter cherry about 200 grams each together. Boil about 6 grams of this powder in 500 ml milk until milk remains half then mix 20 grams sugar-candy in it. Drinking this milk regularly for 40 days enhances the body power.
- Massaging with the ghee of wild asparagus makes the body strong.
32. Acidity: Taking 14 to 28 milliliters fresh juice of wild asparagus’s root mixing with honey twice a day ends acidity.
- Take 12 grams powder of wild asparagus’s root with milk twice a day. This medicine gets rid of epilepsy.
- Take 2 spoons juice of wild asparagus’s root mixing with one cup of milk twice a day. Its use provides relief within a few months.
34. Peptic ulcer: Take 3-6 grams powder of wild asparagus’s root mixing with milk twice a day to get rid of pain.
35. Fever: Taking 6 milliliters juice of wild asparagus root mixing with equal quantity of tinospora juice and jiggery (gur) thrice a day abates fever quickly.
36. Retention of urine: Take 25 grams powder of wild asparagus’s root mixing with 250 milliliters milk twice a day. Its use stops the fluid of sperm with urine.
37. Eye troubles: Boil 12 to 24 grams wild asparagus in 100-200 milliliters milk. Taking this preparation mixing with ginger juice twice a day cures all diseases of the eyes.
38. Disturbances in blood caused by bile: Boil 100 to 200 milliliters milk with wild asparagus’s root and caltrop. Drinking this milk twice a day provides relief in this disease.
39. Impotence: Mix 10 to 20 grams powder of wild asparagus in milk and add sugar in it. Drinking this milk twice a day gets rid of impotence and the weakness of the body disappears.
40. Loose motions:
- Take 10 to 20 grams powder of wild asparagus mixing with milk and suga. Its use stops loose motions and the victim gets rid of the fluid of sperm with urine.
- Mix 10 to 20 grams powder of wild asparagus in milk and sugar to prepare syrup. Drinking this syrup twice a day is useful to get relief in sprue.
- Take the juice of wild asparagus mixing with honey. Its use gets rid of leucorrhoea caused by bile.
- Taking 14 to 28 milliliters juice of wild asparagus twice a day provides relief.
42. Problems in 7th month during pregnancy: Grind equal quantity of wild asparagus and lotus pipe (Kamal naal) together and take it with cow milk. Or mix wood apple, root of betel-nut, toasted rice (Kheel) and sugar or sugar-candy in water and prepare decoction by boling this mixture. Mix milk in it. All problems during 7th month of pregnancy disappear.
43. For stout penis: Mix wild asparagus, winter cherry, costus root, Indian nard and fruit of wild egg plants in 4 folds milk or boil this mixture with oil. Applying this mixture on the penis increases the size of the penis and makes the penis long and stout.
44. Breast’s Engorgement: Make the powder by grinding the root of wild asparagus with equal quantity of sugar-candy. Taking one spoon of this powder with one cup of milk thrice a day increases breast’s milk and ends the weakness caused by menstrual excretion.
45. Hysteria: Take 2 spoons juice of wild asparagus’s root with one cup of milk twice a day. Its use provides relief.