Homoeopathic drugs are very useful to cure different types of urinary diseases. Different drugs are used to cure different types of symptoms.
Urgent desire for urination:-
1. Lilium Tigrinum- This drug acts mainly on the ovary. In female, this drug provides much benefit due to its special effects on the womb and ovary. In this disease, desire for urination and excretion goes on persisting again and again due to heaviness in the kidneys. Thus, using Lilium Trigrinum 30 is very effective in such symptoms.
2. The mother tincture of Equisetum- The effect of this drug is better on the bladder and removes many troubles of it. If the patient feels pain in his bladder, he has to go for urination. Patient feels as if a few drops of urine remain. Thus, the mother tincture of Equisetum is very useful in such symptoms.
Taking Equisetum 6 or its mother tincture is very useful in the case of having desire for urination again and again in old age, urgent desire for urination, but a few drops of urine pass out, etc.
3. Hydrophobinum (Lycin)- If the patient has desire for urination suddenly after seeing flowing water in any river, Hydrophobinum 200 should be taken. If this drug makes no impression, Sulphur or Cantharis can be given. Using Sulphur 1x is appropriate.
4. Petroselinum- If the patient has urgent desire for urination all the time and is not able to hold urine even for a little while and if such types of symptoms occur mainly due to deficiency of holding ability of urine in the bladder, he feels cutting pain in his ureter (urinary pipe), etc., using Petroselinum 3 is very effective.
5. Argentum met- If urgent desire for urination or loose motion goes on persisting in the patient, Argentum met 6x or 30 should be taken.
6. Conium- If the patient has desire for urination again and again due to neuralgic pain of the uterus’s membrane, Conium 30 or 200 should be taken in such symptoms.
7. Natrum-mur- If the patient has urgent desire for urination, but urine comes in little volume at the time of making water (urination), using Natrum-mur 30 is very effective in such symptoms.
8. Thuja- If patient has desire for urination again and again due to malfunctioning of the bladder, holding urine becomes impossible because of it fast motion, Urine’s stream is short while making water (urination), patient feels as if a drop of urine remains in the urinary-tube (ureter) even after urination, etc., thus, taking Thuja 30 is appropriate in such symptoms.
1. Argentums Nitricum- Using Argentum Nitricum 3 or 30 is very effective in the condition of frequent urine and coming urine in large volume.
3. Mother tincture of Vaccicarea- In the condition of feeling burning sensation in the bladder and ureter (urinary pipe), frequent desire for urination and having difficulty in making water (urination), etc, the mother tincture of Vaccicarea should be used.
4. Pulsatilla- If the patient is suffering from frequent desire for urination; he is not able to hold even little urine; desire for urination aggravates by lying down; the patient feels burning sensation on the front part of the ureter at the time of making water (urination) and after urination; the bladder feels torsion pain after urination, etc., Pulsatilla 30 should be taken.
5. Causticum- If surplus (much) urine passes out in the old age, using Causticum 30 is appropriate.
6. Kali-carb- If the patient has to awake for making water (urination) at night in the case of frequent urine, urine passes out after stading for a long time, etc., Kali-carb 30 or 200 should be taken in such symptoms.
8. Sabal Serrulata- If patient is suffering from frequent urine at night due to the enlargement of prostate glands and urine passes out haltingly, Sabal Serrulata 3 or its mother tincture should be given in such symptoms.
Increasing the level of Oxalate, Phosphate or Uretus in urine:
1. Oxalate- If Oxalate level has increased in patient’s urine, giving any drug among Oxalic acid 30, Causticum 30, Terebinthina 3, etc. is beneficial.
2. Phosphate- If phosphate level has increased in patient’s urine, giving any drug among Acid Phos 1, Mag-Phos 6x or Raphenus 3 or 30, etc. is beneficial.
3. Uretus- If uretus level has increased in patient’s urine, using drugs like- the mother tincture of Thlaspi, Natrum-sulph 6x, Sepia 30 or Pulsatilla 30 is very effective.
Specific gravity of urine:-
1. Arnica- Arnica 30 should be used in the condition of increased specific gravity of urine.
Some drugs for urinary disorders:-
1. Cantharis- If patient feels frequent urine and the motion of urine is as fast as he becomes unable to hold urine even for a little while; cramping pain; urine comes drop-by-drop; he also feels fast burning sensation in the ureter (urinary tube) at the time of making water (urination) and seems as if melted lead is coming out from urinary pipe (ureter); most of the patient feels backache with such symptoms, etc. Thus, taking Cantharis 6 or 30 is very effective in such symptoms. This drug is also very useful in the cases of burning sensation of the bladder, stone of it and burning sensation of the urethra, etc. This drug is also used in the condition of coming blood with urine with the burning sensation and cramping pain in the bladder. The use of this drug is very effective in the case of both acute and old (chronic) disease of bladder.
2. Merc-cor- Merc-cor 6 is used in the cases of feeling torsion and burning sensation in the bladder. If urine passes in drops with much burning sensation and less torsion, Cantharis should be used.
If urine passes drop-by-drop with less burning sensation and much cramping pain, Merc-cor should be taken. If patient feels retention of urine with these symptoms, Aconite should be taken. If patient feels frequent urine with these symptoms, using Nux-vomica is very effective. The symptom of torsion is found in this drug, so it provides relief from torsion. This drug is used too in dysentery.
3. Belladonna- If patient feels pain at the time of making water (urination), Belladonna should be taken.
4. Apis- Using this drug is very effective in the condition of coming urine in less volume and other symptoms of urinary diseases like- lack of thirst, suppression of urine, drowsing all the time, swelling in the different organs of the body, suffocation on lying position, urine passes out in black appearance, increasing albumin level in urine, etc. 30 potency of Apis is used in such symptoms. This drug is also very useful if a child feels difficulty in urination. It has also known to be very useful in the conditions of frequent urine and coming out urine in drops.
5. Apocynum Cannabinum- Especially, the kidneys are affected by this drug. So, it cures different types of kidney’s related disease. In the condition of dropsy, swelling, coming urine in little volume, etc., giving 10 drops of the mother tincture of Apocynum Cannabinum is beneficial. If patient’s urine passes out unknowingly, using this drug is also very effective is this symptom. Besides them, patient feels as if his stomach has shrunken inwards; feels much thirst, but he drinks little water several time, etc. thus, this drug can be also used in such symptoms.
6. Berberis Vulgaris- This drug is very effective especially on the urinary system. If the patient has suffered from different types of troubles related to urine like- fast pain in the kidneys, pain in the back, feels pain occurring in the center of the kidneys that is multiplied (spread) to the waist slowly, sometimes pain starts from ureter (urinary pipe) and reached to the bladder. This type of pain is generated due to moving urinary stone forward after changing its place. This stone creates cutting pain where it goes. This type of pain is ameliorated by bending, lying down, sitting and standing posture. Thus, Berberis Vulgaris should be used in such symptoms.
7. Pareira Brava- The patient, suffering from stone of the kidneys or the bladder, feels pain in the back that is multiplied to (till) the thighs. Thus, Pareira Brava 6 should be taken in such symptoms.
8. Equisetum- If the patient feels urine filled in the bladder all the time and does not get relief after urination. Thus, giving Equisetum 6 or its mother tincture is very effective in such symptoms. Addition to these symptoms, if the patient feels slight burning sensation, torsion, coming of blood and mucus, etc., Equisetum is given to him while if he feels burning sensation and torsion with coming additional blood and mucus, giving Cantharis is appropriate.
Using Equisetum is very effective in the cases of frequent urine in the old age and at night, feeling full of the bladder after urination, etc. If pain is aggravated after making water (urination), patient has to efforts for making water, urine passes out in little volume, children cries before making water due to pain or burning sensation, etc., thus, using Equisetum is better in such symptoms. If urine passes in drops with these symptoms, Petroselinum should be given.
9. Digitalis- Digitalis 3 should be used in the cases of feeling pressure on the bladder and the patient does not get relief even after making water (urination); urgent desire for urination with the swelling on the opening of the bladder; feeling pressure in the bladder even after passing out urine in drops; area around the kidneys feels cramping pain and gets some relief after lying down on the back; the opening of the bladder feels slanting pain; concentrated and dirty urine passes out in a little volume, etc. Thus, patient should use Digitalis 3 in such symptoms.
If bricks-dust comes out in urine with these symptoms, he should use Lyco. If the patient feels urgent desire for urination due to enlargement of prostate glands, using Digitalis is very effective.
10. Terebinthina- If the kidneys have swelled after any disease, feels difficulty at the time of making water (urination) and urine passes out in little volume, the bladder feels torsion and patient remains sad all the time, etc., using Terebinthina 6 is very effective.
11. Nux-vomica- This drug is used in different symptoms like- having urgent desire of urination however feels retention of urine; feels as if a few drops of urine remain even after making water; becoming the arteries function abnormal; frequent urine, urine passes out in drops, etc. Thus, the patient suffering from such symptoms should use Nux-vomica 30.
This drug is also very useful in paralysis affects of the bladder; dripping urine drop-by-drop or retention of urine; coming out blood with urine, etc. if the patient feels pressure or heaviness in the bladder with these symptoms, giving Opium to him is very effective.
12. Stramonium- In urinary disease, sometimes the patient has no desire for urination due to suppression of urine. It is called suppression of urine. Thus, Stramonium 30 should be taken in such symptoms. If patient has suffered from retention of urine, taking Camphor is appropriate.
13. Causticum- If the bladder has affected by paralysis and urine passes out by itself during sleep at night, Causticum 3 or 30 should be used. Addition to them, if urine passes out by itself by coughing, sneezing, etc; patient has to be remain in standing posture for a long time at the time of making water (urination). Such types of symptoms mean that the urinary system has become weak. Thus, giving Causticum is beneficial in such symptoms.
Addition to these symptoms, if urine passes out by itself due to any type of physical movement with slight pain, Causticum should be taken, but in the condition of severe pain with these symptoms, using Zincum is very effective. If urine passés out by itself in the old age, Rhus-tox is very useful. Ferrum-Phos is also very useful in the same condition.
14. Sepia- Red sand particles start to come out with urine due to increasing uric acid in the blood. Urine gives offensive smell and patient wets the bed at night on the first day of disease. Thus, giving Sepia is very effective in such symptoms.
The mother tincture of Saulidago Virga-
If the patient has suffered from retention of urine and he has to use catheter then taking the mother tincture of Salidago Virga is very effective.
1. Ferrum-Phos- The patient has urgent desire for urination and he becomes unable to hold urine even for a second after collecting (accumulation) of urine in the bladder. Thus, patient should take Ferrum Phos.