Types of massage
TYPES OF MASSAGE
Body of a person is made warm before the use of Alternate fomentation on the body. Thereafter, cold massage is done on the body. This massage proves very beneficial for those patients who have been suffering from neural diseases or whose veins and nerves have become very weak because of which they cannot bear hot and cold. This massage proves very beneficial for such kinds of patients. This massage proves very beneficial and effective in joints diseases, gout, vata disorders and paralysis.
If you are going to start massage of a patient, the body of the patient should be made warm by using bottles filled with hot water. Thereafter, cold massage should be started. One thing should be remembered necessarily that body should not be rubbed forcibly in cold massage like alternate fomentation. In this massage, body should be rubbed slowly and gently. All other rules of massage are equal to the cold massage. Cold massage is done by rubbing the body of the patient with dry towel or by making the body warm properly. But this rule should not be imposed on weak patients. Cold massage should be given to the weak patient by fomenting their organs with bottle filled with hot water. One thing should be remembered necessarily while massaging the patient of gout and joints that they may not feel any trouble. This massage should be done very carefully.
A healthy person can get the benefit of massage by sitting in his home as each person takes bath in the morning, he should massage his body within a short period at this time. He should make her body warm by rubbing the body with dry towel or hands before taking bath in the morning. Rub to the body for only 5-7 minutes. Thereafter, take bath with cold water. Rub body properly while taking bath with cold water. All the pores of the skin become opened by doing massage and taking bath in this way. Filth of the body disappears and skin diseases disappear by doing so. The blood circulates in the body rapidly and a person cannot become the victim of skin diseases. It is a technique to do alternate fomentation.
- Oil massage is such kind of treatment in which whole body is kneaded in a sequence by applying oil all over the body. The patient is made lie on the cushion table in the stage of relaxation. Massage is done with hands. Massage should be done on the disease affected portion. The body is patted, rubbed, moved and pressed gently for half hour.
- Such kinds of processes are done into the direction of blood circulation. Massage is started from left side and left side foot. Finally, head and neck are massaged.
- The real massage is done with the oil. We can move our hand all over the body with the help of oil. Oil massage makes muscles loose and provides direct diet to the skin. This massage produces flexibility in the body too. Massage should be done with oil if a person is ill. This massage proves very beneficial in vata disorders, paralysis, polio, injury, broken bone and other diseases.
- Cold massage is done with oil. Oil massage means that we should bring blood towards heart. Hence, this massage should be started from below to upward, veins work rapidly by doing this massage. In cold massage, we have to make fast to the arteries. We have to run to the arteries. Therefore, it is done from below to upward. Oil massage is done from heart to below. Here it means to say that it is the rule of body that blood will come rapidly on that body organ and make warm to the chill organ which is made cool.
- We know that cold bandages are kept on the forehead of the patient who has been suffering from high fever. Besides it, cold bandages are kept on the stomach too in fever. Bandages become warm when they are kept on the patient’s body. it happens so because when cold bandages cool to the organ, the blood makes those organs warm and because of this reason bandages become warm. A wet cloth becomes warm when it is touched on any organ. The reason behind this is that when an organ becomes cold, blood of the arteries become fast there and it makes the organ warm soon by giving warmth to the body. Hence, cold massage fastens to the arteries. When pure blood will reach in one organ, the organ gets power. In this situation, the disease hidden in any organ will have to disappear. This massage is called cold massage.
In it, apply oil on the disease affected organ. Rub to the organ from below to upward by giving pressure slowly. Oil should be applied on the organs but pressure should be given only on the muscles not on the bones.
Oil enters into the body by rubbing it on the body. The skin becomes soft and blood circulation becomes fast. All muscles become loose by this massage. The body becomes ready to adopt modern methods by the help of this massage.
Massage of legs:
- First, sit on the earth after rubbing oil on the legs. Now, bring your right hand in the middle of legs and keep on the ankle of left side in a circular way. Now, give pressure of right leg on the right arm and give pressure of left arm on the left knee. The leg will remain in a stable condition. Now, bring your right hand till the knees by gentle massaging. Keep your left hand on the leg. The hand will slip itself because of the pressure of right leg on the arm. Do this process 4-5 times.
- Now, remove your left hand from the knees of left leg and keep on the ankle of the same leg. After that, bring your hand till the knees by massaging hand with a pressure. At this time, you are massaging on the other portion of left leg. Do this process 2-3 times.
- Keep your both hands loose after each process and massage up and down on the whole leg. Looseness comes in the hands and legs.
- Now, return in the previous stage. Then, keep your both hands on the thighs near about the left knees by keeping one hand on the other hand. Thereafter, bring your hand below by massaging on the thighs by hands with pressure. Do this process by moving your hand towards right and left side. Do this process 3-4 times.
- Now, stretch your left leg by raising it straightly. Now, entangle your fingers of both hands and tie them and now keep your hands on the sole of foot under the leg. Hands should be in a circular way so that they may settle on the sole of foot under the leg. Now, bring your hands towards thighs by giving pressure. You will have to lie while pulling your hand backwardly because in this situation you can give pressure properly and your hand will move on the legs properly. This process can be done 3-4 times.
- Now, sit like before. In this process, you should not keep your hand near about the knee but keep left arm in and outside under the thighs. Keep another arm in the same way. Now massage to the lower portion of thighs by the help of hands by doing in and outside.
- Keep on sitting like before in this process too. Grip your ankle by giving the shape of bangle to the hand. Thereafter, bring your hand till the knees by moving hands and pressing the bangle of hand. This process is called twisting. Now massage knees from every direction and move your hand on the whole thigh with pressure by giving the shape of bangle to the hand. Do this process 4-5 times. Remember one thing necessarily pressure should not be come on the bone of calf. Pressure should be come on the calf and muscles near about the muscles. Move bangle 2-3 times towards in and outside by moving bangle on one spot.
- Hand should be moved on one whole leg equally.
- After the massage of legs, you should do such processes as patting, blowing and vibrating.
- In this way, massage of leg will complete. Thereafter, you can massage of another leg too.