Turk Turban Moon
TURK TURBAN MOON, CLERODENRON SERRATE
The bushes of turk turban moon are found all over India but it is widely found in Himalayan, Bhopal, Kumayun, Garhwal, Bengal and Bihar.
Name in different languages:
English : Turk turban moon
Hindi : Bhangri
Sanskrit : Varhanyashtika, Kharshak, Padma
Gujarati : Bharangi
Bengali : Bamoonhatti
Telugu : Gantuvarangi
Surname : Amatemadbamm
Scientists : Clerodenron serrate moon
Colour: Turk turban moon is brown.
Taste: It is bitter and pungent.
Structure: The plants of turk turban moon are 5-7 feet high. Its flowers are white. The sabji (cooked vegetable) of it is prepared with its soft leaves. Its trees grow in clusters for a long time. Its stem and branches are soft. Its leaves are 3-8 inches long and 1.5 to 2.5 inches broad. There are lines of its leaves and they are sharp at its frontal part. Its leaves are smooth and in the shapes of rectangle and egg. Its leaves grow in circle of three leaves in front of each other. Its flowers are light blue and light pink in 1-inch diameter or more than one inch. Its flowers are fragrant and blossom in clusters on the branches. The fruits of Turk turban moon are fleshy and divided in one to three parts jointed to each other. Its ripe fruits are black like black berry.
Nature: Its nature is hot. The root of turk turban moon contains resin, grease and alkaline.
Precaution: Turk turban moon is harmful for hot natured persons.
Dosage: It should be taken in the quantity of 11 grams.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Forehead pain: Grind root of turk turban moon plant with warm water. Applying this mixture on the forehead and head reduces pain.
2. Eye diseases: Boil the leaves of turk turban moon in oil and apply in the eyes. Its use cures eyelids’ swelling and makes eyes clean.
3. Ear pain: Grind the root of turk turban moon plant and drop its 1 drop in the ear. Its use provides relief in earache.
4. Asthma and cough:
- Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of Turk turban moon’s root and dry ginger together. Taking 2 grams this powder with warm water many times a day provides relief in asthma and cough.
- Mix the juice of turk turban moon’s root and ginger juice together. Taking this mixture regularly calms asthma.
5. Goitre: Grind the root of Turk turban moon plant with rice water and apply it on goitre. Its use proves beneficial in this disease.
- Mix 1 gram powder of Turk turban moon’s root and equal amount of dry ginger in warm water properly. Drinking this water provides relief.
- Boil one-liter panchang of Turk turban moon in 8-liters water until it remains only 2 liters. Then filter it and mix half liter of mustard oil in it. Rubbing this mixture on the body provides relief in tuberculosis.
7. Blood boils: For the treatment of the bloody boil caused in the uterus of a woman that is not very big, make the powder by grinding equal quantity of turk turban moon, long pepper, bark of Indian beech and cedar together. Take 4 grams this powder with the decoction of sesame twice a day ends bloody boil.
8. Stomach poison: Mix 5 grams powder of turk turban moon’s root in 100 milliliters water. Drink this mixture and rub on the body to alleviate stomach poisoning.
- Make the powder by grinding the root of Turk turban moon plant and filter it through a cloth. Lick 1-2 grams this powder with honey 4-6 times a day or according to wish provides relief in hiccup.
- Taking one spoon powder of turk turban moon’s root with sugar-candy thrice a day stops hiccup.
10. Stomach worms: Boil 3 to 6 leaves of turk turban moon plant in 400-500 ml water. Drinking this water kills stomach worms.
11. Testicles enlargement: Grind the bark of Turk turban moon’s root in water of barley and heat it. Tying this mixture on the testicles reduces their swelling.
12. Loose motions: Grind 5 grams seeds of Turk turban moon and boil in whey. Drinking this mixture brings out choked stool after making it soft. Taking it also reduces internal swelling. Taking its over quantity may be the cause of loose motions.
13. Snake poison: Apply the juice of its leaves and soft branches of turk turban moon’s plant on the biting the affected part. Its use alleviates snake’s poisoning.
14. Swelling: Fry the powder of turk turban moon’s seeds with ghee. Taking this preparation provides relief in swelling.
- Make a decoction by boiling 5 grams root of turk turban moon plant. Drinking this decoction twice a day is beneficial in fever and catarrh.
- Eating cooked vegetables of soft leaves of turk turban moon cures malaria.
16. Pimples in groups: Mix extracted juice of leaves and soft branches of turk turban moon in ghee. Applying this mixture on the group of pimples is good remedy.
17. Boil: Make a packet with the leaves of turk turban moon and tie it on the boils. Its use provides relief. If boil is big, it gets well after bursting because its use maturates it. If boil is not in mature condition, its use maturates the boil.
18. Collapsing fever (Sannipat): Make a decoction by boiling equal quantity of turk turban moon, Indian groundsel, leaves of sespadula, cedar, turmeric, dry ginger, black pepper, long pepper, malabar nut tree, bitter-apple, indian penny wort, chiretta, neem, helle bore, orris root, aloe vera, pauonia odorata (netrabala), false calumba, myrolealans, beleric myrobalan, Indian gooseberry and long zedoary together. Drinking this decoction is beneficial in collapsing fever, cough, asthma, hiccup, throat diseases, flatulence and rheumatism.
- Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of turk turban moon, small pepper, bayberry, dry ginger, orrisa root (pohakar) and pistacia integerrima together. Lick half spoon this powder mixing with honey twice a day for the treatment asthma.
- Mix turk turban moon, dasmool (10 types of root) myrolelans and water 1 liter each together. Boil this mixture on light fire until it remains ¼. Mix 1-kilogram jiggery (gur) and 1 kilogram above boiled myrolelans in it and boil it again properly. When it changes into paste then put it down and store. Grind dry ginger, chilly, long pepper, cinnamon, cassia, cardamom 10 grams each and 6 grams impure carbonate of potash (javakhar) together to prepare powder. Mix this powder with above paste. Taking 20 grams, this mixture with 1 myrabalan chebulie daily is beneficial in asthma.
20. Malaria: Eating sabji (cooked vegetable) of turk turban moon’s leaves regularly gets rid of malaria.
- Make the powder by grinding turk turban moon, dry ginger and pepper together. Taking this powder with jiggery (gur) ends normal cough.
- Drinking the decoction of turk turban moon is good remedy in cough, catarrh and fever.
- Make fine powder by grinding equal quantity of turk turban moon, dry ginger, Karkat shrangi, long pepper, dry grapes and dry ginger together. Taking this powder with sesame oil twice a day is beneficial in dry cough.
22. Berri-Berri: Make the powder by grinding the seeds of Turk turban moon and fry it with ghee. Taking 1.5 to 3 grams this powder twice a day provides relief.
23. Myxoedema (fatness of women’s lips and face, and swelling of the tongue): Make a powder by grinding the seeds of turk turban moon and fry it with ghee. Taking 1.5 to 3 grams this powder twice a day provides relief in myxoedema.
24. Amenorrhoea: Grind Turk turban moon, dry ginger, black sesame and ghee properly. Taking this mixture regularly for some days is beneficial in amenorrhoea.
25. Leucorrhoea: Taking Turk turban moon and dry ginger with sugar-candy or honey is a good remedy in leucorrhoea.
26. Ascites: Boil turk turban moon in whey and drink to get relief in ascites.
- Extract the juice of root, leaves and branches of turk turban moon plant. Dropping this juice on herpes provides relief.
- Mix ghee in juice of turk turban moon leaves. Applying this mixture on the affected part cures herpes.
28. Diseases of breast milk: Mix turk turban moon, root of Indian atees (ativisha), wood of cedar and fruit of orris tree together. Taking 6 to 12 grams this mixture with 100 to 250 milliliters milk twice a day purifies the breast milk and provides relief in the diseases pertaining to breast milk.