TRELING EKLIPTA (FLAVIERIA REPANDA)
Flavieria repanda is famous for thick, soft and black hair. Its bushes grow in wet soil near by ponds all over the year at the height of 6,000 feet. It has another kind that is called “Pit Bhrangraj” of which plants are found widely in Bengal, Assam, Maharastra and Chennai states.
Flavieria repanda is a kind of bush which spreads on the earth. There are three kinds of flavieria repanda first one has white flowers, second has yellow flowers, and third has blue flowers. We can get its two kinds easily but round mouthed flavieria repanda is found hardly. Its leaves seem like spear and resemblance to the leaves of pigeon pea. Its flower has a small knob. Many petals grow after increasing this knob. These petals fall down after ripening. Flavieria repanda has small seeds like black cumin seed.
Name in different languages:
English : Treling eklipta, Flavieria repanda
Hindi : Bhengera, Bhangra, Bhngreeya
Sanskrit : Markav, Bhrangraj, Keshraj, Keshranjan, Kuntalvardhan,
Gujrati : Bhangro, Kalo Bhangro
Marathi : Bhaka, Bangra, Bhrangraj
Bengali : Kesri, Kasoriya, Bhimraj, Keshutt
Punjabi : Kishori, Keshraj, Kesri, Bhimraj
Arabic : Kadimool-Bint
Kokan : Hatukenari
Oriya : Kesarda
Tamil : Kekeshi, Kevi, Shilaei, Kaikeshi
Latin : Eklipta postrata
Colour: Flavieria repanda is green and black.
Taste: It is bitter and pungent.
Structure: The plants of flavieria repanda grow in wet earth. Its leaves are rough. Its flowers are white, yellow and blue. It has three kinds according to colors.
Nature: It is hot and dry.
Precaution: Taking over quantity of flavieria repanda is harmful for hot natured persons.
Comparison: Flavieria repanda can be compared with the leaves of a fig tree (red).
Flavieria repanda eliminates the phlegm and gas. It is beneficial in fever, leprosy and forehead-ache. It is useful for skin and teeth. Its use enhances brain power and sexual vigour. It is good remedy in intestines’ enlargement, headache, eye diseases, asthma, cough, bascillary dysentery, heart problems and itching. It also kills stomach worms. Its leaves’ water enhances eyesight and makes the sperm thick. It is also a good remedy for the treatment of abdominal tumour. Its use remains a person far from old age to some extant. If one takes it adequately and regularly, it changes the face.
Its use shows magical results if a person takes its juice regularly and follows the rule of celibacy as well as worships GOD. Its use makes young to the old person, strong to weak and brilliant and minded to younger ones.
If someone has swallowed the poison of poison, give the juice of flavieria repanda to the victim. Its use alleviates the poison soon. If one mixes opium tablet in the juice of flavieria repanda, the tablet burns.
There is disease in the fingers of hands which is called “Balay” or “Bisari”. This is very dangerous and painful disease but flavieria repanda is the best medicine for its treatment. Grind the leaves of flavieria repanda with whey and tie on insect’s bitten affected portion. Keep it making wet when it dries. Its use provides relief within 15 minutes. It also ends the burning sensation caused by poison. The patient who has been suffering from agony and weeping as well as crying because of unbearable pain will sink into sound sleep after its use.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Spleen enlargement:
- Taking flavieria repanda with caraway is beneficial in catarrh, cough, spleen and liver enlargement.
- Take about 10 ml juice of flavieria repanda twice a day for getting relief in spleen enlargement.
2. Ears pain: Pour 2 drops juice of flavieria repanda into the ears if a person has been suffering from earache.
3. Stomach worms: Take flavieria repanda with castor oil to kill stomach worms. Its use brings them out with stool.
- Grind the leaves of flavieria repanda and extract their juice. Mix 1 gram black salt in 5 ml this juice. Taking this mixture mixing with water provides relief in stomachache.
- Grind 10 grams leaves of flavieria repanda and 3 grams black salt with a little water and filter it. Drinking this mixture 3-4 times a day is good remedy for the treatment of chronic stomach-ache.
5. A medicine for blackening the hair: Apply oil of flavieria repanda in the hair and drink its juice or use Bhrangrajasav. Thus, hair becomes black. The oil of flavieria repanda is one of the main oil in all Ayurvedic oil.
6. Migraine: Boil the juice of flavieria repanda with equal quantity of goat milk and drop it into the nose. Or mix black pepper powder in the juice of flavieria repanda and apply it on the forehead. Both uses are beneficial for the treatment of migraine.
7. Hair problems:
- Cut hair and rub the juice of flavieria repanda on the bald patches. Black hair grows there within a few days after its use. The person who has been suffering from hair fall and two mouthed hair must use this medicine for getting desired result.
- Boil the powder of triphala in the juice of flavieria repanda 3 times after that dry it properly and grind. Take 1.5 grams this preparation daily in the morning. Its use blackens to the white hair and enhances eyesight too.
- Make thick powder by grinding Indian gooseberry. Put this powder in a cup of china soil and pour the juice of flavieria repanda until the powder of Indian gooseberry sinks properly. Grind and dry this powder 7 times. Taking 3 grams this preparation with fresh water regularly prevents premature greying. It is very useful remedy for eyesight and long life. It remains a person far from old age to some extant and is useful in many diseases.
- Mix flavieria repanda, triphala, root of Indian sarsaparilla and mango stone together to prepare mixture. Boil the above mixture, 10 grams mandur powder and half liter oil in 1 liter water until oil remains only then filter it and store. Its use is beneficial in all types of hair problems.
8. Eye diseases:
- Take 10 grams fine powder of flavieria repanda’s leaves with honey and cow ghee each 3 grams before going to bed sleep at night. Its use enhances eyesight.
- Pour 2 drops juice of flavieria repanda’s leaves in the eyes before sun rising and after sunset regularly. Its use reduces the swelling and other eye diseases.
- Mix 50 grams liqourice powder, 500 ml sesame oil and 2 liter cow milk in 2 liter juice of flavieria repanda. Boil this mixture on the low flame until oil remains only. Filter it and store. Apply this oil in the eyes or smell it for getting relief in eye diseases and regain lost eyesight.
- Tie packet of flavieria repanda’s leaves on the eyes. Its use provides relief in eyes pain.
9. Scrofula: Grind the leaves of flavieria repanda plant and make a poultice. Tie this poultice after heating slightly on the tumour of scrofula. Its use provides quick relief.
10. Stomatitis: Chew 5 grams leaves of flavieria repanda and allow to saliva to fall down. This process should be followed many times a day. Mouth blisters disappear by its use.
11. Pinus: Boil 250 ml juice of flavieria repanda, 250 ml sesame oil mixing with 10 grams rock salt together on the low flame. Pour 10 drops of this oil in both nostrils. Its use brings the dirty phlegm and worms out from the nose. Thus, the disease pinus will vanish within a few days. Eat only wheat bread and green kidney-bean pulse during this treatment.
- If someone is the victim of spleen enlargement, anorexia, liver problems, phlegm, cough and fever, give 4-6 ml juice of flavieria repanda mixing with 300 ml milk to the affected patient twice a day. Its use provides relief.
- If the baby of lap or infant has been suffering from phlegm, mix 8 drops honey in 2 spoons juice of flavieria repanda. This mixture should be given to the afflicted baby to lick with the help of finger 2-3 times a day. Its use brings phlegm out.
13. Blood pressure: Take 2 spoons juice of flavieria repanda’s leaves mixing with 1 spoon honey twice a day. Its use makes normal to the high blood pressure within a few days. If the patient is not the victim of constipation, its use keeps a person remains normal. Its use enhances the appetite and keeps the stomach clean.
14. Indigestion and dysentery:
- Dry a whole plant of flavieria repanda with root in shadow and reduced to powder. Mix equal quantity triphala powder in it. Add equal quantity of sugar-candy in above mixture. Taking 20 grams this power mixing with honey or water thrice a day is beneficial in indigestion and dysentery.
- Mix a little rock salt in the fine powder of leaves and flowers of flavieria repanda plant. Taking 2 grams this powder twice a day enhances digestion power and the victim of anorexia gets rid of this disease.
- Make the powder by grinding fresh and clean leaves of flavieria repanda plant. Mix 2 grams of this powder with 7 grams powder of black pepper. Taking this mixture with sour curd or whey on empty stomach provides relief in dysentery and jaundice within 5-6 days. It is also very useful for liver enlargement and stomach swelling. Taking half gram powder of chilly and 5 ml juice of flavieria repanda mixing with curd daily in the morning cures jaundice within a few days.
15. Diphtheria: Boil 10 ml juice of flavieria repanda with equal quantity of cow ghee and ¼ part of impure carbonate of potash (yavakshar) properly. Taking this mixture after every 2 hours cures diphtheria.
16. Cholera: Taking 2 spoons juice of flavieria repanda’s panchang mixing with rock salt thrice a day (morning-noon-evening) provides relief in cholera.
17. Diarrhoea: Mix fine powder of flavieria repanda’s root with equal quantity of beel powder. Take 1 spoon this powder mixing with fresh water thrice a day to get relief in diarrhoea, bascillary dysentery and sprue.
18. Fistula: Make a packet of flavieria repanda and tie on the fistula regularly for some days. Its use heals the fistula up.
- Wash wound caused by syphilis with the juice of flavieria repanda or mixture of flavieria repanda’s juice and juice of jasmine leaves. Its use provides relief. Applying this juice on the wound also provides relief.
- Mix 3 parts powder of flavieria repanda and 1 part powder of black pepper together. Grind this powder with the juice of flavieria repanda and make tablets of 1 gram of this mixture. Taking 1-2 tablets twice a day provides relief in fistula, syphilis, stomach and eye diseases.
- Take powder of 2 black peppers with 10 ml juice of flavieria repanda twice a day for 21 days regularly. Its use is beneficial in syphilis as well as all the skin diseases. It should be taken with cow’s milk, wheat bread and sugar.
20. Womb protection:
- Mix 4 ml juice of flavieria repanda with equal quantity of cow milk. Give this mixture to the pregnant women daily in the morning. Its use protects the womb there is no doubt of abortion. It purifies the blood and makes the womb strong. It is very simple and easy treatment.
- Make a decoction by boiling the leaves of flavieria repanda plant. The use of 20-25 ml decoction twice a day prevents bleeding from the vagina or urethra during pregnancy.
21. Vagina pain: Mix fine powder of flavieria repanda’s panchang with equal quantity of powder of the beel tree’s root. Giving this powder mixing with honey to the patient provides quick relief in vagina pain after delivery.
22. Testicles’ enlargement: Grind panchang of flavieria repanda plant and make a poultice. Tying this piece on the testicles normalizes enlarged testicles.
- Grind 50 grams leaves of flavieria repanda and 5 grams black pepper together. Make tablets equal to small-plum of this above mixture and dry them in shadow. Take 1-2 tablets with water thrice a day. Its use provides quick relief in piles caused by Vatta.
- Make fine powder by grinding 3 grams leaves of flavieria repanda with 5 corns of black peppers. Taking this powder with fresh water twice a day provides relief within 7 days.
- Filter wheat flour in the juice of flavieria repanda and prepare powder mixing with cow ghee. Soak this powder in whey. Take this mixture and chew 1-2 radishes after having this preparation. Its use provides quick relief.
- Fomenting piles warts with the steam of flavieria repanda’s leaves twice a day provides complete relief.
24. Prolapsus ani:
- Grind the root of flavieria repanda plant with turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on the anus. Its use provides relief in this disease.
- Grind 30 grams root of flavieria repanda plant and 20 grams powder of turmeric with water to make fine paste. Applying this paste on the anus is beneficial in prolapsus ani.
25. Spermatorrhoea caused by bile: Mix the powder of flavieria repanda and powder of acacia tree’s flowers with equal quantity of ground sugar-candy. Taking 6 grams of this powder with nanny goat milk provides relief. This process is also useful in all types of spermatorrhoea.
26. Spermatorrhoea: Mix the powder of basil leaves, leaves of white bean and sespadula leaves one part of each with 1 part juice of flavieria repanda. Grind above mixture with vinegar to prepare paste. Apply this paste on the affected part. It is good remedy in spermatorrhoea caused by vatta and the victim gets rid of pain.
27. Elephantiasis: Mix the paste of flavieria repanda’s panchang with sesame oil. Rub this mixture or rub only juice of flavieria repanda on the affected part. Its use provides relief in elephantiasis.
28. Burnt wound:
- Grind the leaves of flavieria repanda plant with henna leaves and leaves of sweet murz ooran (marua). Apply this mixture on the wound caused by burning. Its use provides quick relief. New skin appears like the skin of other body organs.
- Mix 2 parts juice of flavieria repanda’s leaves and 1 part juice of black basil together. Apply this mixture on the burn affected portion 2-3 times a day. Its use ends the burning sensation and no mark appears on the skin.
29. Burning sensation: Rub the juice of flavieria repanda on the affected part. Its use reduces swelling, itching of the body and burning sensation of the hands and feet.
30. Itching: Grind 10 grams leaves of flavieria repanda plant, 10 grams arabian manna plant, 60 grams chiretta and 60 grams sarphunkha with water and filter it. Take this mixture mixing with 20 grams honey thrice a day. Its use ends itching and makes the body healthy.
31. Giddiness: Take 4 ml juice of flavieria repanda mixing with 3 grams sugar twice a day. Its use ends the weakness within a few days and the victim gets rid of giddiness.
- Apply the juice of flavieria repanda on the decayed wound and tie its packet on the wound too. Thus, a victim will get good result.
- If there are wounds on the hands, thumb and fingers, grind flavieria repanda and apply thick preparation on the wound (remain far from water). Its use brings internal tumours out and heals the wound up.
33. Scorpion poison: Rub ground leaves of flavieria repanda on the swollen part caused by scorpion biting. The pain collects at the place of scorpion biting. Thereafter rub the paste of flavieria repanda’s leaves on affected portion and tie. Its use alleviates the poisoning.
34. For long age:
- Grind fresh flavieria repanda and extract juice. Taking 10 milliliters this juice daily in the morning makes the body healthy, powerful and attractive. It also provides long life. Take only milk for one month regularly during this treatment.
- Take 15 grams powder of flavieria repanda’s leaves with ghee, honey and sugar regularly for 1 year. Its use enhances physical power and sperm count. Its use also enhances brain and memory power.
35. Early ejaculation (bajikaran): Make pieces like thin rice by taking 10 grams pure sulphur. Dry these pieces in the sun for 7 days then boil them. Mix powder of nutmeg, camphor, mace and clove 2 grams each in above preparation. Grind this mixture with jiggery (gur) and make tablets of half gram of this preparation. Take 1-2 tablets daily in the morning. 3 black peppers should chew followed by 250 ml milk after having medicine. This is very good remedy for the treatment of early ejaculation.
36. Special use of flavieria repanda’s powder:
- Taking 1 gram powder of flavieria repanda mixing with 6 grams ghee and 5 grams sugar-candy regularly for 60 days makes strong and powerful to the body.
- Mix 1 grams powder of flavieria repanda’s leaves and half part powder of Indian gooseberry with equal quantity sugar-candy or jiggery (gur). Put this mixture in a pot of soil (chickni mitti). Taking 10 grams this mixture with cow milk twice a day cures all the diseases and a person will remain far from old to some extant. It is a restorative element.
- Mix the powder of black sesame with equal quantity powder of flavieria repanda’s leaves. Take this powder regularly for 1 month and drink only milk during this treatment. Its use cures all the diseases and gets long life.
- If a child is not giving up the habit of eating soil, give 1 spoon juice of flavieria repanda’s leaves to the child twice a day. Thus the child will give up the habit of eating soil soon.
37. Premature greying: Grind the leaves of flavieria repanda plant and extract their juice. Apply this juice in the head. Its use makes the hair black.
38. Cough: Take 1 to 2 drops juice of flavieria repanda mixing with honey. Its use is a good remedy in cough and rumbling sound of the chest.
39. Pneumonia: If a small child has been suffering from cough and rumbling sound in the chest because of pneumonia, 1 to 2 drop juice of flavieria repanda should give to the child thrice a day. Its use provides relief.
40. Impotence: Take the seeds of flavieria repanda mixing with sugar-candy mixed hot milk. A person gets rid of impotency by its use and gets full masculinity.
41. Loose motions: Mix curd in the juice of flavieria repanda and drink. Its use stops the loose motions.
42. Ear worms: Earworms disappear by eating flavieria repanda and barrengtonia acutangula. Its use cleans the ears.
43. Habitual death of embryo or neonatal death: Take 10-20 ml juice of flavieria repanda after the menstrual excretion twice a day for one week regularly. Its use provides relief in this disease and gets rid her of this disease.
44. Liver enlargement:
- Take 5-10 ml juice of flavieria repanda twice a day provides relief in all problems related to liver. It is also beneficial in liver enlargement, piles and stomachache.
- Taking the juice of flavieria repanda with 2 grams caraway powder is good remedy in enlarged liver.
- Mix a little caraway powder in the juice of flavieria repanda. Give this mixture with water to the child. Its use normalizes to the enlarged liver.
45. Writer cramp (Trembling of the fingers): Mix 3 grams ghee with 20 grams powder of flavieria repanda’s seeds. Taking this mixture with sweet milk gets rid of this disease named writer’s cramp.
46. Jaundice: Mix black pepper in the juice of flavieria repanda. Taking this preparation mixing with curd is a good treatment of jaundice.
47. Rickets: Mix pure ghee in the juice of flavieria repanda and give it to child regularly for three days. Its use proves beneficial in this disease.
48. Leprosy: leprosy disappears by taking the juice of flavieria repanda and nagdon.
49. Skin diseases: Applying the juice of flavieria repanda on the skin cures all chronic diseases of the skin like- itching, leprosy and scabies. Taking 5 to 10 ml juice of flavieria repanda twice a day keeps the liver active and provides new freshness to the body.
- Cool oil of flavieria repanda and apply it on the head or rub this oil on the head as well as keep bandages of cold water on the head. Headache caused by wandering in sunshine during summers disappears by doing so.
- Mix juice of flavieria repanda in equal quantity of goat milk and heat it in the sun. Smelling this mixture is beneficial for the treatment of headache and hemicrania.
- Take the juice of flavieria repanda with equal quantity of cow milk. Headache will vanish by its use.
- Apply oil of dashmool’s roots and oil of flavieria repanda on the forehead. This medicine is good for intensive headache.
- Mix 1 part juice of flavieria repanda, 2 parts water, 5 parts juice of kanji plum, 3 parts horse-radish and 6 parts juice of tumbi together. Mix the powder of tamarind, dry ginger, turmeric, malabar nut tree, rock salt, myrobalan and basil 4 grams each with the above mixture. Boil this mixture with one fourth part of mustard oil until oil remains only. Then store it into a bottle. All diseases of the head disappear by smelling this oil.
51. Cosmetic: Dropping oil of flavieria repanda into the nostrils prevents premature greying and makes the hair black.
52. For long life: Make thick powder by grinding about 25 kilograms black flavieria repanda, 20 kilograms impure marking nut, 10 kilograms myrolelans, 10 kilograms beleric myrobalan and 10 kilograms Indian gooseberry together. Make a hole around the stem of mangoes’ tree in the months of June and July and thereafter put above mixture into this hole and cover with soil properly. When flowers (baur) grow on this tree (all flowers will be in black color), pluck these flowers and dry them in shadow. Make the powder by grinding all these dried flowers and store it. Taking 15 grams of this powder with milk daily removes the face wrinkles and makes hair black. It makes young to the old person and provides long life. This process should be continued regularly for 4 months. Fruits and gruel should be taken in rich quantity during this treatment.
53. Sperm and body strength:
- Take golden ash mixing with the juice of flavieria repanda. Its use enhances the sexual power and sperm count.
- Make the powder by grinding 100 grams flavieria repanda, 200 grams black sesame and 200 grams Indian gooseberry together. Mix 50 grams sugar-candy and a little ghee in the above powder and keep in a pot. Taking 10 grams of this mixture with cow milk twice a day enhances body strength and hair becomes black by its use.