Sprout Leaf Plant
SPROUT LEAF PLANT (PARNBEEJ*)
Parnbeej plant has long life. This herb is planted all over India in gardens.
Name in different languages:
English : Sprout leaf plant
Hindi : Jakhmehayaat, Parnbeej
Sanskrit : Parnbeej, Asthibhachaka, Raktakusum
Bengali : Patharkuchi
Punjabi : Jakhmehayaat
Telugu : Simajamudu
Kannada : Gandukaling
Scientific name : Bryopbyllum pinnatum
Structure: Sprout leaf plant (parnbeej) is red or green and its height is 3 to 4 feet. Its leaves are pulpy and its lower leaf is normal and the leaves of its front part are combined to each other that are 6 to 7 in nos. Its every leaves are grown on steam like descending numbers. Its borders are dented and their rabbets produce vegetative plants that do family development. Its leaves lengths are 5 to 7 cm. that keeps on flexing to down. Its flowers are big pipeful and its color is red. Scent keeps on coming form its leaves.
Characteristic: Sprout leaf plant (parnbeej) shape is small. Its nature is cool and dry in nature. It is pungent, sour and sweet. It is the purgative chest and breaks stone. It eliminates tridosha (Vatta, Pitta and kapha). It cures many diseases as- piles, wounds, hurt, colic pain and urine disorder. It stops bleeding, diarrhea and cholera. Taking it provides relief in burning sensation of urine, sperm with urine, etc.
Helpful in different diseases:
1. Painful eyes: Apply juice of leaf of sprout leaf plant around the eyes; it provides relief in painful eyes.
2. Headache: Apply ground green leaf of sprout leaf plant on the head, it removes headache.
3. High blood pressure: Take 5 to 10 drops juice air part of sprout leaf plant; it normalizes high blood pressure.
4. Asthma: Taking 50 to 60 milliliters decoction of leaf of sprout leaf plant provides relief to the patient of asthma.
- Take 5 milliliters juice of leaf of sprout leaf plant mixed with sugar according to taste twice a day (in the morning and evening), it provides relief from stomachache.
- Stomachache can be removed by taking 50 ml decoction of sprout leaf plant.
- Stomachache can end by taking 10 ml juice of sprout leaf plant mixed with one gram dry ginger.
6. Anorexia or indigestion: Take 5 to 10 milliliter juice of leaf of sprout leaf plant twice a day before one hour of taking meal, it ends indigestion and increases appetite.
7. Stone: Take 40 ml decoction of leaf of sprout leaf plant after mixing ½ gram bitumen (shilajeet) and 2 grams honey in it twice a day (in the morning and evening), it eliminates bile stone.
8. Spermatorrhoea: Taking 5 milliliters juice of sprout leaf plant cures many diseases as- spermatorrhoea, flatulence, asthma, chronic cough, epilepsy, over thirsty and checks retention of urine, etc.
9. Urine disease: Prepare a decoction by boiling 40 to 60 ml juice of sprout leaf plant leaf. After that, take this decoction with 2 grams honey twice a day (in the morning and evening), it cures urine disease.
10. Menstrual excretion: Prepare a decoction by boiling 40 to 60 milliliter juice of sprout leaf plant leaf. After that, take this decoction with 2 grams honey twice a day, it ends menstrual excretion problems.
11. Bloody diarrhea: Mix 3 to 6 ml juice of sprout leaf plant of leaf, and cumin seeds (jeera) with two-fold ghee. Taking this mixture stops bloody diarrhea.
12. Anuria and Dysuria (urinary trouble): Take 40 ml decoction of sprout leaf plant roots twice a day, it eliminates anuria and dysuria.
13. Blood cancer: Take 5 to 10 drops juice of airy portion of sprout leaf plant, it provides benefit in blood cancer.
14. Cholera: Take 5 to 10 ml juice of leaf of sprout leaf plant; it provide benefit in cholera.
- In case, anyone is suffering from hurt, sprain and insects bite, leaves of sprout leaf plant should be heated and ground them to make a paste. After that, apply this paste on the affected part, it removes swelling, pain, and redness.
- Heat leaves of sprout leaf plant and grind to make paste. Apply this paste on wounds to cures them.
16. Removing intoxicantion: Take much quantity of juice of leaf sprout leaf plant to remove intoxicantion.