Self treatment by modern massage therapy
Self treatment by modern massage therapy
Two aims should be gained before starting self treatment by modern massage therapy. First, the patient should know not only brain but also use of hands and fingers, knowledge (methods) about pressure and all the points of pressure because a person will become well trained massager by making his body the thing of practice in the use of treatment and in using this treatment on others.
A person will be able to know which body organ is working well or which organ is not working well by using modern massage therapy. He will know what kind of pressure on these organs will improve the working system organs. Besides it, he will know what kind of pressure will cure several kinds of diseases and how a person will remain far from diseases.
All the body portions can be treated easily by the help of modern massage therapy except left and right portion of middle region of scapula.
Method of self treatment by modern massage therapy on external region of neck:
- According to modern massage therapy, where there are several acupuncture points of modern massage therapy.
- Lots of precautions should be adopted at the time of self treatment of these portions. To give compression on these portions, treatment should be started from left side and thereafter treatment should be done from the right side. First, the patient should sit by bending on his knees to do treatment in this way. Thereafter, compression should be given on the acupuncture points related to this portion with the help of thumb of one hand. On the external region of neck, first acupuncture point of modern massage therapy is situated on that portion where common artery of neck is divided into external and internal arteries.
- There is carotid sinus inside the internal carotid and pulsation can be felt there. Pointed left thumb should be compressed upwardly on the acupressure point situated here and left elbow should be stretched in the region of ribs. Thereafter, compression should be given on the neck gently with the help of four fingers of the hand. Such kind of compression should be given for at least three seconds. Do so thrice a day.
Method of self treatment by giving compression on the region of neck in modern massage therapy:
According to modern massage therapy, external region of the neck is only such kind a point which is related to neck. Before self treatment of this region, knowing about the glands of this region is necessary. Thyroid gland is situated in this region. Compression should be given only for three seconds at this point and treatment should be repeated thrice a day. Compression should be given on the work of vertebral column through the neck. If compression is given at the center of the neck, the path of trachea is obstructed because of compression and it becomes the cause of cough.
Self treatment of posterior region of neck in modern massage therapy:
According to modern massage therapy, both regions of neck is treated by turns with the help of closed first, big and ring fingers of both hands for self treatment. Compression points are present from the lower region of parotid to the shoulder. To give compression on these points both elbows should be stretched in the region of ribs and compression should be given with the help of above mentioned fingers on the both sides of neck for at least three seconds. Repeat this treatment thrice a day. One thing should be remembered while giving compression that compression given one side of the neck should be centered on the point of other side neck.
Method of compressing on the occipital bone in modern massage therapy:
- of the hollowness of the occipital bone. To give compression on it, first embossed portion of the right big finger should be kept and the embossed portion of left big finger should be kept on the right big finger. Thereafter, stretch to the both elbows into the region of both side ribs. After that, bend your forehead forwardly till thirty degree and compression should be given on these points.
- Thereafter, raise your head upwardly. Then compression should be increased at this portion gradually and head should be folded backwardly till the thirty degree. Such kind of compression should be centered towards the middle point. Compression should be given only for five seconds when head is bent forwardly and backwardly. Repeat this treatment thrice a day.
Method of compression on the back portion of the neck in modern massage therapy:
According to modern massage therapy, situated near about the spinal cord. First finger and big finger are parallel to each other. Compression on these points should be centered towards the middle line of the face and is given on the three points of upper side. Thereafter, compression is given on the lower points. Compression is given on all the points of both sides for three seconds by turns. Repeat this treatment thrice a day. The first finger should be at the height of seventh vertebrae of neck while compressing at the three points.