RINGWORM PLANT (PANVAAR*)
CASSIA TORA, FORTID, CARRIA
In the rainy season, carria plants are found on the land, the sides of river, drain and dregs about to group in tropical areas. Its plant is stinker. Its leaves throw out offensive smell by rubbing it. Its soft leaves are used to cook vegetables.
Name in different languages:
English - Fortid, Carria, Ringworm plant
Hindi - Panvaar, Chakravar.
Sanskrit - Chakramard, Dadukhhana, Prapunnad. Aidgaj, Meshalochan, Chakri.
Gujarati - Kuvadiyo.
Marathi - Taakalaa
Bengali - Chakunda, Chabuka.
Telugu - Tegirise.
Arabic - Kuvanba, Kutaba.
Parsian - Sangesabooya.
Scientific - Cassia-tora .
Surname - Caesalapiniaceae.
Taste: Carria is dry and sweet.
Structure: Carria fruit is hot in nature and pungent and its height is 1 to 5 feet and its age is one year. Its leaves are found about to three pairs, and joined together, which has two glands. Its leaves are 1 to 2 inches long and round, which stick each other. The pairs of its leaves and 2.6 cm. diameter of its flowers, which has the color of yellow and dusty, appear in the rainy season. In the winter season, its pod is 6 inches long, four-angle shape type, and it front portion is sharp. There are many seeds in its flowers, which are brown color and round.
Nature: Carria is cool. Its seeds and leaves contain glucosidal as cacophonic acid. Leaves contain a liquid as Catharine and minerals liquid.
Precautions: Taking carria may be harmful for intestines.
Bad effects removal: Mix curd, milk or rose water and take it consequently, it removes carris’s bad effects.
Comparison: Carria can be compared by esculent-fiacurtia (baavchi).
Carria cures many diseases as- skin diseases, paralysis, colic pain, piles, blood disorder, heart disease, cough, asthma, scabies and ringworm. It removes phlegm, poison effects, fatness and gas, and kills stomach worms. It is stimulant and digestible, and enhances the power of the body. Taking it is useful for the pulses.
Ringworm Plant (Panvaar*) is useful in different diseases:
1. Migraine: Mix 20 to 25 grams seeds of carria with vinegar (kanji) to make a paste and apply on the forehead, it cures migraine.
2. Goiter: Grind 10-12 leaves of carria, alum (fitakari), rock salt with a little quantity of water to prepare cake. Binding this cake on the affected part everyday provides relief.
- Cook 2 litre flavieria repanda juice, 150 grams powder of carria roots with 450 ml mustard oil together on the low flame until remain only oil then mix 115 grams vermilion (sindur) in it. Scrofula can be cured by applying this oil on the affected part.
- Scrofula can be cured by applying ground 10 to 20 grams powder of carria seeds after mixing it in lemon juice.
4. Cough: Taking the powder of carria seeds with lukewarm water regularly for some days is useful to get relief in cough.
5. Diabetes mellitus: Grind 5 to 10 grams carria roots with rice water (chaval ki dhovan), and filter it. Taking this preparation is useful to cure diabetes mellitus and white leucorrhea.
6. Diabetes: Boil 10 to 400 grams carria roots with water until remain fourth part then store it. Taking this decoction is useful to get relief in diabetes.
7. Spermatorrhoea: Take 100 grams flowers with 10 grams sugar in morning daily for some days, it cures spermatorrhoea.
8. Waist-ache: Mix 2 to 4 grams powder of the toasted carria seeds with jiggery or treacle to prepare sweetmeat. Taking this sweetmeat is useful to get relief in waist-ache.
9. Purifying blood: Mix 10 grams ghee and 10 grams sugar with 4 grams carria roots powder and take this mixture, it purifies the blood and provides power to the body.
10. Child loose motion: Give dose of 5 to 10 ml decoction of carria leaves to child to take. It cleans the stomach, which is helpful during dentition.
11. Urticaria: Taking 2 to 4 grams carria roots powder after mixing it in ghee cures cold-bile problems.
- Make a packet of 6-7 carria leaves and apply it on the affected part, it cures wounds.
- To cure wounds which are offensive smell, fry 8-10 carria leaves in castor oil to make a packet (potali) and apply it on the affected part.
- Boil carria leaves in water and filter it and take 50 ml of it. It removes swelling that occurs in any parts of the body.
- Taking cooked the vegetables of carria leaves regularly for 6 days is useful to get relief in swelling.
- Cook 200 grams powder of carria seeds and 6 grams sulphur and 450 ml milk in one litre mustard oil together on the low flame. After that, apply this preparation on ringworms three and four times in day, it cures them.
- Grind carria seeds, cumin seeds (jeera) and sudarshan roots together in equal quantity. After that, apply this mixture on the affected parts, it cures ringworms.
- Soak 10 to 20 grams carria seeds in whey (churned curd). When the whey is absorbed by seeds, grind them to make a paste. Apply this paste on the ringworms. After one hour, apply alum (fitakari) on this part and rub it and then wash this part with lukewarm water. Using this remedy continuously for 7 days provides relief.
- Make small tablets as the shape of Indian plum by grinding 100 gram of an equal quantity of carria leaves, sulphur, resin of sal tree (raal), alum (fitakari), chokiya, borax (suhaga), ras camphor (kapoor) 100 grams with water. Grind one tablet with water and applying it on the ringworms cures them.
- Make a paste by grinding equal quantities of carria seeds, indian-goose-berry (aanvla), and resin of sal tree (raal), milk hedge (thuhar) with kanji. Applying this paste on the affected parts cures the ringworms.
- Grind carria panchang (roots, stem, leaf, fruit and flower) properly to make the fine powder. Mix this powder in 400 grams curd and put this mixture in soil pot for three and four days. After four and five days, apply this preparation on the affected parts and wash it after one hour. This is good remedy to cure ringworms.
15. Skin problems:
- Taking the cooked vegetables of carria leaves is useful to cure the skin diseases.
- Mix jiggery and sourness (khatai) in the prepared sauce of carria leaves. Taking this sauce is helpful to cure the skin diseases.
- Apply 100 grams powder of carria seeds after mixing it in Indian beech oil on the affected portions. It is good remedy to cure skin diseases.
- Washing the ringworms or bathing with decoction of carria roots cures skin the diseases.
- Prepare lotion by boiling one kilograms carria seeds powder, 200 grams ghee of cow’s milk and 200 grams sulphur with 2 kilograms milk of cow on the low flame until milk burns. After that, apply this lotion on the affected part, it cures eczema. Applying curd, which is stored in copper pot for one day, is also helpful to cure chronic eczema.
- Make the powder by grinding 60 grams carria seeds, 80 grams seeds of esculent fiacurtia (baavchi) and 20 grams carrot seeds together. Soak this mixture in cow urine for 8 days. Applying this mixture on the affected part cures eczema.
17. Itching and ringworms:
- Grind one kilogram carria seeds to make fine powder. After that, mix this powder with 5 kilograms whey. Store this mixture in soil the pot and seal its mouth then make this pot underground. Dig out this pot after six days and apply its preparation on the affected part, it cures itching and ringworms.
- Make the powder by grinding 50 grams carria seeds, and soak this powder in whey of cow’s milk for 3 days. Apply this preparation the affected part, it cures itching and removes black spots on the face.
- Soak the carria seeds with urine of cow for 7 days and then dry them in shade to make a powder. Taking 1 to 2 grams powder twice a day (in the morning and evening) with fresh water cures all kinds of skin problem, ringworms, itching, and leprosy.
18. Abstinence: Don’t take salt, sourness (khatai), pickle (achar), kidney-bean (urad) and fried food during this treatment.
- Grind 10 to 20 grams carria seeds with milk, and mix it with castor oil. Leprosy can be cured by applying this mixture.
- Cook carria seeds with milk hedge (thuhar), and grind it with cow urine. Then heat this mixture in sunlight, and mix equal quantities of wine in it. After that, apply this preparation on the affected part, it provides benefit.
20. Malaria: Grind panchang (root, stem, flower, fruit and leaf) of carria. Malaria can be cured by applying this mixture on the wrist and after that tying a bandage on this part.
21. Hair disease: Make the powder by grinding carria seeds, haalon, Indian mustard, staff tree (malkangani), sesame (til) together, and mix coconut kernel in it. Extract oil with this mixture by machine. Massaging head after applying this oil on the head prevents twisting of waist and thigh that are caused by hair problems.
22. Indigestion and Headache: Toast one kilogram carria seeds with ghee and grind them to make the fine powder. Then grind 6 grams nutmeg (jayphal), 6 grams mace (javitri), 6 grams dry ginger, 6 grams clove, 6 grams cus-cus (khas), 3 grams saffron (kesar), 11 grams cinnamon (dalchini), 23 grams small cardamom seeds together to make another powder and then mix both powders each other. Taking coffee, which has been prepared by this mixture eliminates tiredness, and laziness, and cures headache and indigestion. This coffee can be taken by all (Children, young and elders).