Due to deficiency of Calcium in the body, the bones are not yet fully formed causes soft, thin and curved bones. Due to weakness of the bones, the teeth do not erupts on time and also do not learns walking on time. The legs of the child become curved like bow and the chest comes outward. The bones of the cranium do not joint together, the head becomes long and wide. There are other different types of symptoms occur due to deficiency of Calcium in the body like- frequent loose motions in childhood, restlessness, sweating on the chest, the head and the neck, crying without any reason, curved bones of the back. Thus, homoeopathic treatment should be given in this condition.
Treatment of this disease by following drugs:
- There are different symptoms present in the child suffering from Rickets as- the face becomes yellow, like wax and muddy; the head is big and fontanelle is open and the bones of the cranium are not attached and softness persists. The body of the child becomes weak and thin, lack of flesh on the body, the stomach comes outward, the bones and the muscles are not strong, delay walking, the child does not able to digest milk and vomits. Sometimes due to drinking milk, the child suffers from loose motions and fetid sweat secreted by the head, the face, the neck and the legs. Thus, Silicea 12x or 30 should be given in this condition.
- Calcarea and Sulphur can be also used in the condition of big head and yellow face.
- Giving Aethusa is very effective in the condition of indigestion of milk.
2. Calcarea carb: If the child is suffering from Rickets with other symptoms as- be fat and flabby and thrive stomach, heavy body and improper formation of the bones causes curved bones, lethargic and sweating on the head especially while sleeping, etc., Calcarea carb 30 or 200 should be given in such symptoms.
3. Calcarea : Phos: If the child is lean and thin in the condition of Rickets, fontanelle remains open, the skull is like thin paper, the stomach shrinking inwards, scanty sweating on the body, spinal cord is weak, the neck is thin due to which, feeling difficulty to balance the head, etc., taking Calcarea-phos 3x or 6x is effective.
4. Arsenic: If the child seems as if the body has dried with leanness and weakness, sweating from the body, shrinking eyes and black round circles around the eyes, etc., 30 potency of Arsenic should be used.
5. Phosphorus: If the child is suffering from Rickets and symptoms of tuberculosis are found in any member of the family, Phosphorus 30 should be given to the child.
6. Tuberculinum (Vaccilinum): Using Tuberculinum 200 is very effective in the condition of chronic tuberculosis with rickets.
7. Thuja: If the growth of the child has affected due to given vaccine of chickon pox many times, giving Thuja 30 in the morning and evening for some days is beneficial.
8. Sulphur: If the child is suffering from symptoms as- big head, depreaved hunger, weakness, wrinkles on the face, seems like old and contracted skin, etc., 30 or 200 potency of Sulphur should be used in this condition.