There are several kinds of breathing problems because of which the patient feels difficulty while taking breath. Besides it, a person can be the patient of several diseases related to respiration.
- Generally, each person faces this problem named hiccups. Mostly, this disease occurs because of by drinking hot liquid, by eating any exciting substance or neural stress. Sometimes, the nerve named phrenic becomes excited at the time of swallowing food. In this situation, a sound comes out because of the contraction in the diaphragm and by opening glottis suddenly.
- When a small child suffers from this disease, hiccups stop if water is given to the child for drinking or the child is patted on the back. When an adult become the victim of this disease, it changes into a chronic disease. For the treatment of this disease, compression should be given on the external region of the neck or dorsal region and diaphragm.
Treatment of hiccup according to modern massage therapy:
- Make the patient lie on the back and pressure should be given on the four points of external region of neck and then pressure should be given on the third point carefully. Thereafter, pressure should be given on the four points of left and right region of neck.
- Thereafter, make the patient on the stomach and give pressure on the three points of scapula between the right and left portion (the region between shoulder and neck) for the treatment.
- Make the patient lie again on the back and give pressure on the lateral region near the diaphragm with the help of both palms. This pressure should be given in an absorbing method.
- After that, pressure is given on the stomach and pressure should be given like the movement of squeezing way. Repeat it five times. After that, pressure should be given on the eyeballs of the patient with the help of palm and pressure should be given on the nose with a pinch. The patient should stop his breath by keeping his tongue out. This method is an easy way to stop hiccup.
- A person gets rid of the disease named hiccup by giving pressure on the body daily.
- It is disease of fit and its fit takes a person in the morning, midnight or in autumn. The patient feels hardness in the throat, heaviness in the chest, puffing and coughing. There is a contortion in the soft muscles of breathing system because of which the victim feels difficulty in taking breath. Generally, this disease is related to foodstuffs and digestion power. This disease can occur because of many other reasons as animal hair, egg, spinach, dust particle, flower and mushroom and many more things.
- At the time of starting treatment according to modern massage therapy, say to the patient to sit straight as the fit of asthma attacks because there is a difficulty in exhaling breath at the time of fit. In this condition, the victim can take breath properly only by sitting.
- Give pressure on the four points situated on the external neck region for the treatment. After that, give pressure on the right side of the body. Repeat it many times so that contortion of breathing pipe may disappear.
- Use thumb and fingers for giving pressure. Thereafter, pressure should be given on the patient’s right and left upper scapula (upper portion of the shoulder) and middle scapula (middle portion of shoulder and neck).
- Make the patient sit and surround his body by coming from the back side so that pressure may be given on the chest of the patient by crossing the fingers. Repeat it three times. Give pressure on the nipple region.
- After that, give pressure on the three points situated on the sacrum muscle of shoulder with the help of first three fingers. Thus, pressure should be given by pulling the patient’s body towards himself. Do so at least for six times.
- Finally, pressure should be given on stomach cavity with the help of both palms or with the help of first three fingers. Give pressure in this way about six times. Say to the patient to inhale breath while you are giving pressure to the patient by standing at the back side of the patient and say to him to exhale breath while you are stopping your pressure.
- Thus, the patient gets rid of asthma within some days completely by this treatment.