Taste: It is pungent.
Structure: There are many kinds of sandal but its seven kinds are mostly used. Sandal is found in the mountains and forests. Its trees are long and heavy.
- White sandal
- Yellow sandal
- Red sandalShabar sandal
- Patang sandal
- Parvar sandal
- Hari sandal
Note: Red and white sandal is excessively used.
Nature: Its nature is cool.
Precaution: Using over quantity of sandal causes itching in the body.
Bed effect removal: Gulrogan removes the bed effects of red sandal and maintains its qualities.
Compare: Red sandal can be compared with white sandal.
Dosage: 4 grams sandal should be used.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Tertian fever: Make a decoction by boiling red sandal, cuscus, nut grass, tinospora, dry ginger and coriander with water thereafter mix sugar candy and honey in it. Take this decoction; it quenches thirst and cures fever with inflammation.
2. Chicken pox: Make a decoction by boiling red sandal, malabar nut tree, tinospora, nut grass and dried grapes with water. Taking this decoction is useful to cure chicken pox fever.
3. Fever of pregnant lady: Make a decoction by boiling red sandal, sariva, lodh, dried grapes and sugar candy with water. Giving this decoction to the woman is useful to cure the fever of pregnant lady.
4. Amenorrhea: Boil white and red sandal together to prepare a decoction. Taking this decoction cures menstrual excretion of offensive smell and pus.
5. Plague: Make a decoction by boiling tinospora, oval leaved rose way, bark of neem tree, leaves of trichosanthes dioica, pierorhiza, dry ginger and nut grass with water thereafter mix 3 grams powder of long pepper in it. Giving this decoction to the patient is useful to cure plague.
6. Burn: If someone suffers from wound due to burning, grind red sandal and apply it on the affected part. Its use cures wound within some days consequently, burnt marks ends off too.
7. Small pox: Mix equal quantity of lotus, red sandal, lodh, cuscus and both types of sariva thereafter filter it in water. Coating this mixture on the body is useful to end inflammation of small pox.