There is creeper of red pumpkin which is grown in the fields. Red pumpkin is round, small and puffed towards outside. It has lots of black and smooth seeds. Red pumpkin seeds have sweet kernels which are eaten. Red pumpkin is sweet and nutritive. Some people call it “Ramphal” too. Red pumpkin is very cool in nature. Excessive quantity of red pumpkin is the cause of catarrh.
Red pumpkin is very cool in nature, sweet and nutritive. It eliminates bile and quenches thirst. It causes gas trouble and increases phlegm. It cures vomiting and enhances blood, fat and physical power. It ends heart problems and makes the body strong. Raw red pumpkin is used in loose motions and stomachache. Its seeds are used to heal up the wound of animal. Take the powder of red pumpkin’s seeds if a woman wants to abort her foetus. Grind the peels of ripe red-pumpkin and apply it on the wounds to destroy germs. Grind the leaves of red pumpkin creeper and tie it on the boils to get relief.
The patient who has been suffering from the weakness of the body, fast heart beatings, restlessness and looseness of the heart muscles should take red pumpkin. This is very beneficial for him. Its use also gets rid of over eating.
A person can become the victim of fever along with excessive chillness by its excessive use. The person who has been suffering from catarrh and digestion should not take red pumpkin. If its seeds reach into the eyes, there will be inflammation in the eyes.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Bilious disorders: Keep ripe red pumpkin in open sky overnight then eat it in the next morning. Its use ends the burning sensation caused by bile.
2. Insanity: Give the powder of red pumpkin’s root to the patient of insanity. Its use causes loose motions and thus the patient will get rid of insanity.
3. Retention of urine: Grind the root of red pumpkin creeper with water and take this mixture. The patient gets rid of retention of urine.
4. Amenorrhoea (Chocked menstrual excretion): Make a wick of the ground seeds of red pumpkin. Keep this stick into the vagina. Its use provides relief in amenorrhoea and makes the menses flow normal.
5. Hysteria: If hysteria patient suffers from frequent unconsciousness, extract juice from the leaves of red pumpkin and pour into the nose of the victim. Its use breaks to the unconsciousness.
6. Germs in the wound: Make sauce by grinding the leaves of red pumpkin. Mix rock salt in this sauce and make a poultice. The germs of the wound will disappear by tying this poultice on the wound.
7. Asthma: Drink decoction of red pumpkin’s bark twice a day. Its use provides relief in asthma.
8. Lice in the head: Grind the seeds of red pumpkin and apply it on the head. Its use destroys all lice.
9. Overeating: Eat red pumpkin daily to get relief in overeating.
10. Abortion: Take 5 to 10 grams powder of red pumpkin’s seeds or about ¼ ml decoction of its seeds powder 4 times a day. This medicine is helpful in abortion.
11. Gall stone: Mix rock salt in 25 ml juice of red pumpkin. Drink this juice regularly. Its use gets rid of gall stone.
12. Allergy: Make the powder by grinding the seeds of red pumpkin. Licking this powder mixing with honey thrice a day gets rid of allergy.
13. Guineaworms: Grind the leaves of red pumpkin and make a piece (Tikiya) of it. Apply this piece on the guineaworms. The wound heals up after separating hair from the wound and the patient provides relief in this disease.