Mostly, pyllitory plant grows in Algeria country. It grows anywhere in productive soul in Kashmir, Assam, Aabu and hills area of Bengal, Gujarat, Maharastra of India. Its bushy plant starts on growing in the starting of rainy season. Pyllitory stem is woolly and complexly. Its peel is bitter in taste and dusty in color. Its flowers are yellow and offensive, which appear like top shape. Its root is about 8 to 10 cm long, half inch wide, strong and dusty in color.
Name in different languages:
English - Pellitory
Hindi - Akarkra
Sanskrit - Aakarkar, Aakllak
Marathi - Akkalkra
Gujarati - Akorkro
Bengali - Aakarkra
Parsian - Veshvaterkhoon, Kohi
Arabic - Aakikihain, Aduk lai
Punjabi - Akarkra
Latin - Anasaiclus Piretherm
Color: Its upper bark is black and inner is white.
Taste: It is pungent and spicy in taste and cool in nature. It generates prick sensation (a type of itching) in the body.
Nature: It is hot and dry in nature.
Pyllitory juice is bitter and spicy in taste and hot and dry in nature. It brings out phlegm and ends bile disorders. Besides it, it increases sexual power and sperm count. It ends gas and purifies the blood and, reduces swelling. It ends mouth foul smell and is useful for the teeth. It also cures heart weakness, stammering, lisping and helps in increasing blood circulates.
Outer use of pyllitory root in over quantity generates redness on the skin because of that inflammation occurs on the skin. Inner use of pyllitory root in over quantity generates loose-motions, yawing, blood disorders caused by bile, nerves speed problems, feeling nausea and others diseases. It is also harmful for the lungs because it increases lungs speed.
Useful in Different Diseases:
- Mix dried stick of pyllitory with aluva oil (Mahuaa) and rub it on the affected part, it provides relief in paralysis.
- Grind fine pyllitory root and mix it with aluva oil and rub it on the affected part, it provides relief in paralysis.
- Paralysis is cured by licking about half gram powder of pyllitory root with honey twice a day.
2. White leprosy: Apply juice of pyllitory leave on the affected part to cure white leprosy within some days.
- If someone suffers from headache caused by cold, he should press pyllitory root between the teeth because it will provide relief quickly.
- The person, who suffers from headache, should take half gram powder of pyllitory with almond pudding (halva) twice a day. It is useful to end chronic headache.
- Grind pyllitory root with water and coat it on the forehead after heating, it ends headache.
4. Teeth diseases:
- Grind pyllitory with vinegar and put it on the affected part thereafter press. Using this process provides relief in toothache.
- Grind equal quantity of pyllitory and camphor together and thereafter brush with it twice a day. Using this process is useful to end all type of teeth problems.
- Grind equal quantity of pyllitory, gall-nut, nut-grass, puffed alum, black pepper and black salt together. After that, brush with this powder regularly to end foul smell, gums diseases and make the teeth strong too.
- Mix fine powder of pyllitory and mix it with honey. Coat this mixture on the penis and wrap the betel-leaf upon it. Using this process is useful to end looseness of the penis and increase sperm count.
- Grind 2 grams pyllitory and 10 grams wild onion together and thereafter rub it on the penis, it makes the penis strong. This process should be used for 11-21 days regularly.
6. Lisping and stammering:
- Grind equal quantity of pyllitory and black pepper together and store it. Mix one gram this mixture with honey and use it on the tongue twice a day for 4-6 weeks regularly. Using this process is beneficial to get relief in lisping and stammering.
- Make the powder by grinding 12 grams count, 12 grams Indian cinnamon and 6 grams black peppers together. After that, rub a pinch of this powder on the tongue twice a day to cure lisping caused by tongue obesity.
7. Stomach diseases: Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of small pepper and pyllitory root powder together and take it with half spoon honey after meal twice a day, it cures all the types of stomach diseases.
- Retention of breathing is cured by smelling filtered powder of pyllitory (this powder should be filtered with the help of cloth).
- Boil about 20 grams pyllitory with 200 ml water until 50 grams remains then mix honey in it. Asthma is cured by taking this decoction.
9. Hiccups: The person, who suffers from asthma, should lick one gram powder of pyllitory with one spoon honey.
10. Sperm deficiency: Grind equal quantity of pyllitory, white musle and winter cherry altogether. After that, give one spoon this mixture to the patient with one cup milk twice a day regularly to end sperm deficiency.
- Heat ground root of pyllitory and coat it on the forehead, it ends headache.
- Putting pyllitory between the teeth cures headache caused by catarrh and chew, it starts to drip saliva and cures jaw pain.
12. Memory power: Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of pyllitory and Indian penny wort (Brahmi) together. After that, take half spoon this powder regularly to increase memory power.
13. Stammering caused by tongue: Mix one gram powder of pyllitory root, black pepper and honey together. After that, apply this mixture on the tongue to end dryness and reduce stammering or lisping. This process should be used for 4-6 weeks regularly.
14. Throat diseases:
- Take about ¼ grams to 1 gram pyllitory powder as fragment to make clean the voice of children and singers.
- Gargle with pyllitory decoction to get relief in the palate, teeth and throat diseases.
15. Mouth foul smell: Grind fine equal quantity of pyllitory, gall-nut, nut-grass, toasted alum, black pepper and black salt together. After that, brush with this mixture regularly to cure the diseases of the teeth and gums and end mouth foul smell too.
16. Heart diseases:
- Grind equal quantity of powder of Arjuna bark and pyllitory together. After that, take half spoon this powder twice a day to get relief in nervousness, heart pulsation problems, pain and shivering and end weakness too.
- Mix equal quantity of greater galangal, dry ginger and pyllitory together. Boil ¼ parts from this mixture with 400 ml water until it remains ¼ parts then put it down. After that, take this preparation to cure heart diseases.
- Cook powder of pyllitory root with olive oil and rub it on the body. It causes sweat and reduces fever.
- Make a decoction by boiling 10 grams pyllitory with 200 ml water thereafter mix 5 grams ginger juice in it. After that, give this decoction to the patient to drink. It is useful to reduce replacing fever.
- Make the powder by grinding chiretta and pyllitory 10 grams each together. Fever is cured by taking 3 grams this powder with water.
- Chronic cough is cured by taking 100 milliliters pyllitory decoction twice a day.
- Take 3-4 grams pyllitory powder to bring out phlegm with stool or loose-motion.
19. Anorexia: Taking one gram powder of dry ginger with one gram pyllitory powder is useful to cure anorexia and surfeited.
20. Dullness and numbness of the body: Take one gram pyllitory powder with 2-3 of pieces clove to ends numbness. Take 100 milliliters decoction of pyllitory root to end dullness or laziness.
21. Sciatica: Grind pyllitory root with chestnut oil and rub it on the affected parts, it cures sciatica.
22. Gas disorders (A type of air disease, which makes zigzag to patient mouth):
- Take 100 milliliters decoction of pyllitory and smilax officinalis to end gas disorders.
- Mix pyllitory powder and powder of Indian mustard with honey. After that, coat this paste on the affected part to end gas disorders.
- Grind fine pyllitory and prepare tooth powder from it. Mix about ¼ milligrams sal-ammoniac, 1/4 milligrams opium and sixty grams camphor in this powder. After that, fill this mixture in the affected teeth to end toothache and stop gums bleeding.
- The patient should rub fine powder of pyllitory on the gums and fill it in the affected teeth. Using this process is useful to destroy teeth worms and end toothache.
- Wrap powder of pyllitory and camphor with a cotton piece thereafter soak it in clove oil. Put this cotton pieces in the affected teeth and press, and drip saliva from the mouth. Unbearable pain of the teeth is cured by using this process.
- If someone suffers from toothache caused by warmth, grind equal quantity of pyllitory, Indian cinnamon and Mastangi together and thereafter filter it. After that, rub this powder on the teeth regularly to get relief in toothache caused by warmth.
- Grind equal quantity of pyllitory and camphor together and thereafter brush with it. It ends all the types of toothache.
- Toothache is ended by gargling decoction of pyllitory root. It also ends moving of the teeth.
- Toothache ends by rubbing pyllitory root on the teeth.
24. Headache caused by catarrh: Pressing pyllitory between the teeth ends headache caused by catarrh.
25. Gum diseases: Boil pyllitory leaves with water and make the patient gargle. It is useful to cure all the types of mouth diseases.
26. Contraception: Grind pyllitory with milk and coat it on the cotton piece. After that, put this piece in the vagina for contraception.
27. Amenorrhoea (Menses disorders): Give pyllitory decoction to the suffered woman to make menstrual excretion normal.
28. Dropsy: The person, who suffers from dropsy, should take twice a day to get relief in dropsy.
29. Urticaria: Take three grams powder of pyllitory with water to cure urticaria.
30. Nose disorders: Smelling pyllitory powder causes sneezing and cures nose diseases.
- Grind pyllitory with vinegar and mix honey in it. Giving this medicine to the patient for licking is useful to cures epilepsy. This medicine should be given to the patient on that time, when the patient feels relief in epilepsy.
- Make a decoction by boiling pyllitory, Indian penny-wort and convolvulus pluricaulis (Sankhooly) with water. Epilepsy is cured by giving this decoction to the patient.
- Mix fifteen grams ground pyllitory and thirty grams dry grapes (without seeds) together and prepare tablets in shape of gram from it. Dry these tablets under shadow and take 1 tablet twice a day or smell ground pyllitory. Using this process is useful to cure epilepsy and make sensitive to the patient.
- Make a decoction by boiling pyllitory with Indian penny-wort with water thereafter give it to the patient, it provides relief in epilepsy.
- Grind fine pyllitory and mix some honey in it. Epilepsy is cured by giving this mixture to the patient to smell.
32. Children diseases (Epilepsy, senselessness cramping): Wrap the pyllitory with yarn and put on the children throat, it provides relief in epilepsy and senselessness.