Purgative croton is grown in the gardens of Punjab, Bengal and West India or it grows by itself too. Mostly, it is found in the China. Its trees are 4.5 to 6 meters high like sadabhar tree. Its leaves are 2-4 inches long, thin, smooth, pointed with 3-5 surfaces which turn in light yellow after drying. Its flowers are small and white in sprout. Its fruits are white and about 1 inch rectangular shape and divided into 3 parts. Its seeds are brown, half inch long with egg shape and its seeds skin are easily removable. There are 3 seeds present in its fruit. Its flower blossom during summer season and fruits appear in winter season.
Name in different languages:
English : Purgative croton
Sanskrit : Jaypal
Hindi : Jamalghota
Marathi : Jamalghota
Gujarati : Nepalo
Bengali : Jaypal
Latin : Croton tigliyam
Colour: Purgative croton is red, brown and black from external and white from internal.
Taste: Purgative croton is bitter and generates inflammation.
Structure: Purgative croton leaves are like cluster fig leaves. Its flowers are like madua and fruits are like castor. There are two kinds of purgative croton as common and savage. The fruit of common purgative croton’s tree is like castor fruit, which is called purgative croton. It is used to prepare Julab. Its milk generates loose motions like mudar milk.
Nature: Purgative croton is hot in nature.
Harmful: Purgative croton generates loose motions and inflammation in the body. It also brings vomiting. Taking over quantity of purgative croton is harmful for the stomach and intestines. It generates inflammation, pain, wound and bloody loose motions. Purgative croton should be taken in less quantity.
Removing bad effect: Milk, whey and curd remove the bad effects of purgative croton.
Compare: It can be compared with castor.
Dose: 1 piece purgative croton, 30-120 milligrams seeds powder and half-one drop oil of purgative croton should be used with butter or honey.
Quality: Purgative croton generates fast loose motions and cleans the body. It is useful to cure many diseases caused by summer and winter season. It cures all the types of skin diseases. Its oil also generates loose motion. Rubbing oil of purgative croton on the penis increases sexual power. It cures rickets and ends gastric problem. It brings phlegm out and increases appetite.
Make pure to purgative croton: Mix purgative croton with dung water (mix dung with water and filter it) or milk and boil it until it ends oily then it should be considered that it has turned into pure.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Alopecia: Grind seeds of purgative croton with lemon juice. Apply it on the head and wash after drying. Using this process regularly cures alopecia.
2. Skin diseases: Make a paste by grinding purgative croton with coconut oil and apply it on the affected part, it cures the skin diseases.
3. Snack bite: Grind one black pepper with 100 milligrams purgative croton powder and take it with water, it brings vomiting out by that alleviates poison of snack. Applying ground fruit of purgative croton on the affected part provides relief.
4. Headache: Rubbing ground purgative croton on the forehead is useful to end headache. Wash the forehead after sometimes and apply ghee on it otherwise, it generates inflammation.
5. Scorpion bite: Grind purgative croton with water and apply it on the affected part, it ends scorpion poison.
6. Ulcer and pimples: Make a paste by grinding equal quantity of purgative croton and castor seeds with water. Coating this paste on the ulcer, pimples and acnes provides relief.
- Burn purgative croton on the fire and take its smoke from the nose, it provides relief in asthma.
- Burn pieces of purgative croton on hot dried dung (kanda). Take its smoke in the mouth and throw out from the nose. This process should be repeated many times a day or put burnt pieces of purgative croton in betel leaf and chew it, it provides relief in asthma.
8. Mentally fever: Mix tree spoons olive oil with one spoon oil of purgative croton thereafter rub it on the naked head, it provides relief.
9. Brain hemorrhage and coma: Mix 1 drop oil of purgative croton with butter or honey and put it under the tongue, it provides relief. This process can be used next day if it is necessary. It is useful.
10. Constipation: Mix 30-60 milligrams seed or half-one drop oil of purgative croton with butter and take, it sets the motions. If the patient has been suffering from frequent loose motions, grind catechu with water and mix lemon juice in it then give it to him. Constipation is cured by it.
11. Impotency: Applying oil of purgative croton on the penis cures impotency.
12. Menstrual execration problems: Make the fine powder by grinding equal quantity of purgative croton, seeds of bitter tombi, long peppers, jaggery, common emetic nut, sura seeds and impure carbonate of potash together. Mix this powder with mudar milk and prepare roll (batti) from it. Putting this roll in the vagina makes menstrual excretion normal.
13. Geuniaworms: Grind purgative croton with water and coat it on the affected part, it cures geuniaworms.
14. Chronic wound: Applying ground purgative croton on the affected part is useful to get relief in chronic wound.