Prickly Chalf Flower
PRICKLY CHALF FLOWER
English - Prickly Chalf Flower
Hindi - Chirchita, Chichra, Ounga chichri, Latjeera
Sanskrit - Kinnhi, Mayurak, Kharmanzri,
Markati, Durgarha, Shikhri, Apamarg
Marathi - Aghara, Aghera
Gujarati - Agheroin
Arabic - Chichira Alkum
Telugu - Duchcheennike
Parsian - Kharevazgoon
Bengali - Apang
Latin - Achirenthus Aispera
The plant of prickly chalf flower grows in all dried zones of India. Mostly, it is found in the villages. Normally, it is found with grass near by fields. This plant is about 60-120 cm high. Mostly, there are two kinds of it as white and red. The stems and leaves of white prickly chalf flower plant are green and with spots of white and brown color. Besides it, it fruits are flat. The stems of red prickly chalf flower plant are red and red spots are present upon its leaves. Its fruits are flat and some round. Its seeds are like thorns. Both the types of prickly chalf flowers have equal qualities but it considered that white prickly chalf flower is the best than another. The leaves of both the types of prickly chalf are 1 to 5 inches long, half to 2.5 inches wide and in round shape. Flower’s branches are about one foot long (flowers appear upon it). Its fruits grow in the winter season, which turns into dry in the summer season after ripening. The seed as rice appears from it. Its plant grows in the rainy season and dries in the summer season.
According to Ayurveda, it is bitter, pungent and spicy in taste and warm in nature. It is purgative and useful in the pregnancy. It increases digestive power, appetite and makes delivery normal. It ends pain, fever, breathing problems and breaks stone. It purifies the blood and ends the effects of poison. It destroys worms and helps to control appetite.
Prickly chalf contains 30 percent potash, 13 percent lime, 7 percent sora, 4 percent iron, 2 percent salt and 2 percent sulphur. These all above elements are present in enough quantity in root’s ash than leaves.
3 to 5 grams powder of leaves, root and seed, 10-20 milliliters leaves juice and half to one gram ash of prickly chalf flower can be used.
Useful in different diseases:
- If someone suffers from bite of any poisonous animals, snake, scorpion and other insects, you should apply juice of prickly chalf flower on the affected part as well as give two spoons this juice twice a day. Using this process alleviates all the types of poisons and provides relief in pain and inflammation. Paste of ground leaves of prickly chalf flower should be tied on the affected part with bandage because swelling does not occur by using this process and provides relief in pain. If the swelling originates on the affected parts, it cures quickly.
- Apply juice of prickly chalf flower leaves on the bite parts to alleviate poison of wasp, scorpion and other poisonous insects. After that, tie paste of 8-10 ground leaves on the affected parts. The wound does not occure by using this process.
2. Teeth problems:
- Brushing with branch of prickly chalf flower is useful to end unbearable of pain of teeth and stop gums bleeding.
- Grind sprout of prickly chalf flower and rub it on the teeth as brush regularly, it makes the teeth strong. Applying juice of its leaves on the affected teeth is useful to get relief in toothache. Brushing with stem or root makes the teeth strong and ends foul smell of the mouth too.
- Immerse a cotton piece in juice of 2-3 leaves of prickly chalf flower and apply it on the affected tooth, it provides relief in toothache. It also cures chronic wound.
- Brushing with fresh root of prickly chalf flowers makes the teeth shiny like bead. It is also useful to end toothache, teeth moving, gums weakness and foul smell of the mouth.
3. Easy delivery:
- If the delay originates while delivery and woman feels unendurable pain, uproot white prickly chalf flower with root on Sunday or the day of pushya nakshtra and tie it with black cloth. After that, tie it on the throat or waist of deliver women to make the delivery easy. This root should be separated from the woman body after delivery otherwise it may bring out uterus. Coating ground root of prickly chalf flower on woman’s abdomen is also useful for delivery. This paste should be separated from the abdomen with the help of water after getting relief.
- Put root of prickly chalf flower in the women vagina to make delivery easy.
- Paste of one medicine should be used from these- Indian aloe, Malabar nut tree and prickly chalf flower. Coating paste on the abdomen makes delivery easy. Wrap root of prickly chalf flower with yarn and tie it on the women waist before delivery, it makes the delivery normal but it should be separated from the body just after delivery.
- Put root of prickly chalf flower and glory lily in a packet and thereafter tie it on the woman waist, it makes the delivery normal.
4. Night fall: Grind equal quantity of powder of prickly chalf root and sugar-candy together and store it. After that, take one spoon this mixture thrice a day for 1-2 weeks regularly is useful to cure nightfall.
5. Mouth blisters: Juice of prickly chalf leaves on the blisters because it provides relief.
6. Early ejaculation: Wash root of prickly chalf flower properly and dry it. Grind this root and prepare the power from it. After that, take two spoons this powder and one spoon honey with one cup of cold milk for some weeks regularly to increase sperm count.
7. Conceive: The woman should take one gram powder of prickly chalf root with milk after menses for 21 days regularly because it helps in conceive. In second use, the woman should take two spoons juice of fresh leaves with one cup milk after menses regularly because it increases possibility of conceive.
8. Obesity: The person, who suffers from obesity caused by eating excessive meals, prepare sweet dish (kheer) of seeds of prickly chalf as rice and give it to the patient regularly. Using this process reduces body grease slowly.
9. Body weakness: Grind equal quantity of toasted seeds of prickly chalf and sugar-candy together and store it. After that, take two spoons this mixture with one cup of milk twice a day regularly to make the body strong.
10. Headache: Grind root of prickly chalf with water and coat it on forehead, it ends headache.
11. Malaria: Grind equal quantity of prickly chalf flower’s leaves and black pepper together and thereafter mix some jiggery in this mixture and prepare tablets equal of pea seed from it. When the malaria is increasing, one tablet should be taken twice a day after meals regularly because it safes from malaria. These tablets should be taken for 2-4 days regularly.
12. Alopecia: Burn leaves of prickly chalf in mustard oil and thereafter crush it to prepare ointment. After that, coat this ointment on the affected place, it can grow new hair.
13. Itching: Make a decoction by boiling panchang (stem, root, leaf, fruit and flower) of prickly chalf with water and take bath with it. Using this process regularly ends itching within some days.
14. Migraine: Smelling powder of prickly chalf seeds is beneficial to get relief in migraine and forehead pain. It also brings out blocked phlegm from the forehead after smelting and destroys brain worms too.
15. Deafness: Wash the root of prickly chalf and squeeze juice from it. Mix this juice with equal quantity of sesame oil and boil it until it remains only oil then put it down and filter. Fill this oil in a bottle and put it. The patient should drip 2-3 drops of this warm oil in the ear regularly because it cures deafness.
16. Eye diseases:
- Mix two grams powder of prickly chalf root with two spoons honey and drip 2 drops in eyes regularly, it provides relief in stye.
- Grind clean root of prickly chalf with curd water (rock salt should be mixed in this water) in a clean pot of copper and thereafter apply it in the eyes as collyrium, it provides relief in glaucoma, pain, blowing water, redness, swelling and night blindness of the eyes.
- The root of prickly chalf contains the best quality of curing phlegm cough and asthma. Fill 8-10 leaves of prickly chalf flower in Hubble-bubble or cigarette and smoke with it. It provides relief in cough.
- Mix honey with powder of prickly chalf flower honey and give it to the patient to lick twice a day, it brings out blocked phlegm and cures cough.
- If anyone suffers from relapsing cough, discharges phlegm with pain, thick and dark phlegm, mix half gram alkaline of prickly chalf flower and half gram sugar with thirty ml lukewarm water. After that, give this mixture to him twice a day, it provides very relief in cough.
- Take six grams powder of prickly chalf root and seven grams powder of black pepper with fresh water twice a day provides relief in breathing problems.
- One should take 2-3 grams powder of prickly chalf root with cold water twice or thrice a day because it cures cholera quickly. Mix some water and sugar-candy with juice of 4-5 leaves of prickly chalf flower and thereafter give it to the patient, it provides relief in cholera.
- Grind root of prickly chalf, four pieces of black pepper and four basil leaves together and thereafter dissolve it with water. After that, give this mixture to the patient, it provides relief in cholera. This process should be used again and again.
- Make a decoction by boiling equal quantity of root of Kanja, root of prickly chalf, internal bark of neem, tinospora and kurchi bark with water. Cholera is cured by giving 10 ml this decoction to the patient for 3 day regularly.
- Take three grams powder of prickly chalf seeds with rice washed water twice a day to stop bleeding from piles.
- Grind six leaves of prickly chalf and five pieces of black pepper with water and filter it. The patient should take this medicine twice a day because it stops bleeding.
- If someone suffers from bloody piles of pitta or kapha, grind 10-20 grams root of prickly chalf with rice washed water and filter it. Mix two spoons honey with this mixture and give it to him because it provides relief in piles.
- Make a decoction by boiling root, stem, leaves, fruit and flower of prickly chalf with water and thereafter give it to the patient with rice water (wash the rice with water) or milk because it helps to stops bleeding of piles.
- The bleeding of piles becomes stops by taking juice of prickly chalf flower or three grams powder of seeds with rice washed water.
20. Stomach diseases:
- Boil twenty grams panchang (Root, Stem, Fruit, Flower and leaf) of prickly chalf with 400 ml water until it remains ¼ parts then mix ¼ grams sal-ammoniac powder and one gram black pepper powder in it. Stomachache is ended by taking this decoction twice or thrice a day.
- Take 50-60 ml decoction of panchang (stem, root, leaf, fruit and flower) prickly chalf before the meals to increase digestive juice and reduce pain. Taking 50-60 ml above lukewarm decoction is useful to reduce acidity and eliminate out phlegm. It affects the liver and increases bile exudation because of that patient feels relief in gallstone and piles.
21. Overeating (Feel more appetite):
- It is such type disease in which the patient feels excessive appetite and eaten food becomes end but the body is unhealthy. Taking three grams powder of prickly chalf seeds twice a day for one week regularly is useful to end overeating definitely.
- Make sweet dish (Kheer) by cooking 5-10 grams ground seeds of prickly chalf and give it to the patient because it ends overeating. Using this process maximum 3 times is useful to end overeating. 5-10 grams seeds of it can be taken to end overeating too.
- Make the fine powder by grinding seeds of prickly chalf and filter it and thereafter mix this powder with equal quantity of sugar-candy. After that, take 3-6 grams this mixture with water twice a day to end overeating.
22. Kidney pain: Dissolve 5-10 grams fresh root of prickly chalf in water and give it to the patient to drink, it provides very relief in kidneys pain. This medicine breaks bladder stones and brings out. It is the best medicine to end kidney pain.
23. Vagina pain: Grind root of prickly chalf and squeeze juice from it. Immerse a cotton piece in this juice and put in the vagina. It ends vagina pain and makes menstrual excretion normal.
- The woman does not get the embryo caused by menses disorders or excessive hemorrhage. In this case, ten grams root or leaves of prickly chalf (which grows in the best soil) with 125 ml cow’s milk and filter it. After that, give this medicine to the suffered woman thrice a day for 4 days regularly (this process should be used at the day of menses). Using this process is helpful in conceive. If this experiment does not success in first time, it shouled be used again. (Maximum three times).
- Grind fine root of prickly chalf and 40 grams laxaman buti together and thereafter filter it. This medicine should be taken with 250 ml raw milk of cow in the morning after menses for about one week because it makes the woman able for conceive.
25. Blood leucorrhoea:
- Grind ten grams fresh leaves of prickly chalf with five grams green coach grass and mix it with 60 ml water and filter. Now mix twenty grams or according to taste sugar-candy in cow milk and give it to the patient with above medicine in the morning for 7 days regularly, it provides very relief in hemorrhage. This process should be used until the disease is cured. If bleeding occurs because of uterus tumor, it smelts tumour too.
- Grind 10 grams leaves of prickly chalf, 5 pieces of black peppers and 3 grams leaves of cluster fig together. Bloody leucorrhoea is cured by giving this medicine to the suffered woman with rice washed water.
26. Wound: Apply juice of prickly chalf as ointment on the affected parts to cure wound, dirty wound or sore. It also ends fear of mature of wounds.
27. Joints swelling: If someone suffers from joints swelling and pain, heat 10-12 ground leaves of prickly chalf on the affected parts because it provides relief in swelling and pain. Coating ground leaves of prickly chalf on joints swelling and dirty ulcer, wound and pimples is useful to get relief.
28. Fever: Grind 10-20 leaves of prickly chalf and 5-10 black peppers with 5-10 grams garlic and thereafter prepare 5 tablets from it. After that, take 1 tablet before two hours of coming fever to reduce fever caused by cold.
29. Bronchitis (swelling of breathing pipe): In this case, taking prickly chalf flower alkaline, long pepper, Indian atees and Kupeel with ghee and honey twice a day is beneficial to get relief in chronic kapha disorders and bronchitis.
30. Asthma or breathing problems:
- Fill seeds of prickly chalf in Hubble-bubble and smoke with it; it provides relief in breathing problems.
- Take about half gram powder of prickly chalf with honey twice a day after meals to bring out blocked phlegm from the throat and lungs.
- The patient should take 0.24 grams alkaline of prickly chalf with betel-leaf or mix it with one gram honey and give it to the patient to lick. Using this process brings out blocked phlegm from the chest and ends breathing problems.
- Root out root of prickly chalf with the help of any wood. Keep attention that iron should not be touched with root. Dry this root and make the powder from it after grinding. Asthma is cured by taking about one gram this powder with honey.
- Grind 1 kilogram prickly chalf flower, 1 kilogram bark of indian plum, 1 kilogram leaves of Aroos, 2 kilograms jaggery, 50 grams impure carbonate of potash, 50 grams barilla and 125 grams sal-ammoniac together. Boil this mixture with one liter water until it remains five kilograms decoction then put it down. Fill this decoction in pot and store it for fifteen days after closing. After that, take 7 to 10 grams this medicine regularly to ends breathing problems and asthma.
31. Teeth worms: Tie root of prickly chalf flower on the ear to destroy teeth worms.
32. Throat diseases: Boil prickly chalf flower in water and apply this water on eyelid. Using this process is useful to end swelling and inflammation of the eyes and stop pus eyelids.
33. Night blindness:
- Chew ten grams root of prickly chalf twice a day in evening after the meal regularly to cure night blindness within 2-4 days.
- Dry root of prickly chalf under the shadow and make the powder from it after grinding. After that, take 5 grams this powder water at night to get relief in night blindness within 4-5 days.
- Grind root of prickly chalf with cow urine and apply it on the eyes, it provides relief in might blindness.
34. Contraceptive: Putting stick of prickly chalf root in the vagina is useful to destroy embryo.
35. Mouth diseases: Mix some rock salt with decoction of prickly chalf flower and gargle with it, it cures throat and mouth diseases and is useful for cracked lips.
36. Urine problems: The patient should take 5-10 grams root or 15-50 ml decoction of prickly chalf with liquorices and land caltrops twice a day because it cures anuria-dysuria.
37. Dysmenorrhoea: Boil prickly chalf flower root, flowers of cotton tree and carrot seeds ten grams each with 250 ml water until it remains 20 ml water then put it down and filter. After that, give this decoction to the suffered woman at night to make menses normal.
38. Children’s death (death the child in uterus): Grind prickly chalf root and Laxman tree root with single color cow’s milk (which calf does not die) and thereafter give it to the woman, it increases baby age and baby does not die in the uterus.
39. Stone: Grind two grams root of prickly chalf with water and give it to the patient twice a day regularly, it breaks stone.
40. Dropsy: The patient should take 5-10 grams root or 15-50 ml decoction of prickly chalf with liquorices and land caltrops twice a day as dose because it reduces urine acid and cures dropsy.
41. Liver enlargement: Give a pinch of alkaline of prickly chalf to the suffered child with whey to cure liver disorders of children.
42. Stomach enlargement: The patient should take 5-10 grams root or 15-50 ml decoction of prickly chalf with black pepper before the meal because it reduces the looseness of the stomach and decreases obesity (fatness).
43. Gall stone: The patient should take half to ten grams root or 15-50 ml decoction of prickly chalf with black pepper twice a day because it provides relief completely. If the patient takes this decoction in hot condition, it provides very relief.
44. Nose diseases: Smelling ground root of prickly chalf is useful to prevent nose-bleeding.
45. Colic pain: Grind prickly chalf root and black pepper together and thereafter mix it with ghee. This medicine can be used in the condition of colic pain too.
46. Vagina Pain: Grind fine five grams root of prickly chalf and five grams root of hogweed together and thereafter coat it on the vagina, it provides relief in vagina pain.
47. Stomachache: The patient should take 5-10 grams root or 15-50 ml decoction of prickly chalf with black pepper twice a day before meals because it provides relief in stomachache caused by indigestion. If someone takes this medicine after meals, he gets relief in acidity.
48. Rheumatism: Heat ground leaves of prickly chalf and thereafter tie it on the affected parts, it ends swelling and pain.
49. Scrofula: Take ash of prickly chalf root and also apply it on the tumours. It is useful to cure scrofula.