Mostly, trees of poison nut are found in hill areas. Its trees are 40 to 60 feet high. Its stem is thick and some zigzag. Its bark is smooth, thin and dusky. Its fruits are soft, round and of orange colour. Its fruit’s peels are thin. Its fruit appears white and yellow from internal by peeling. Its each fruit has 2 to 5 seeds, which are flat from both sides. Its seed is very poisonous, which is called “Kuchla” (poison nut). It has no any type of offensive smell and fragrance.
To purify poison nut:
First method: Fry the seeds of poison nut with ghee on light fire thereafter peel these seeds and separate internal portion (tongue) from it. After that, boil these seeds with urine of healthy cow. Using this process makes the poison nut pure and it is used as medicines.
Second method: Soak poison nut in cow urine for seven days. Keep attention that cow urine should be changed twice a day. When the poison nut turns into soft, separate peel from it in this way it becomes poison nut pure.
Name in different languages:
Sanskrit - Vishmushti karskar
Hindi - Kuchla
Latin - Strychnos nuxvomica
English - Poison nut
Marathi - Kuchla
Gujrati - Jherkochlu
Kannada - Kagrkanamara, Kanjibar
Tamil - Aittemar kakodi
Telugu - Musithi, Mushtichettu
Malayalam - Kanniram
Precautions: Taking over quantity of poison nut may be the cause of mystification, stiffness in the body organs, pain, spasm, disorder of nerves speed, breathing problems, vomiting, loose motions and titnas. Therefore, it should be taken carefully.
Dosage: 60 to 250 milligrams powder of poison nut’s seeds should be used.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Scorpion poison: Grind seed of poison nut with some water and apply its white part on the bitten portion, it alleviates poison.
2. Dog bite: Fry seeds of poison nut with ghee and take it. Its some quantity should be increased daily or take 120 milligrams seeds of poison nut regularly because it alleviates dog bite poison.
3. Rat killer: Sprinkle powder of poison nut’s seeds near by rats’ hole is helpful to kill them.
4. Anorexia or weakness of digestive system: Make the powder by grinding seeds of poison nut after purifying. After that, take about 240 milligrams this powder with honey to increase digestive power and appetite.
5. Tongue pain: Mix powder of kernels of poison nut seed with honey or cream and rub it on the tongue because it ends tongue pain.
6. Delivery pain: Grind kernel of poison nut seed with water and apply it on the navel, it gets rid of delivery pain.
- If someone has been suffering from impotency due to hand practice, he should take 6 to 24 milligrams poison nut twice a day regularly because it ends impotency.
- Mix 100 milligrams powder of kernels of poison nut seeds with one spoon powder of Indian kudzu and give it to the patient to end impotency.
- Impotency caused by hand practice ends by taking 60 to 240 milligrams pure poison nut mixed with milk and sugar-candy twice a day.
8. Arthritis (rheumatism): Grind kernel of poison nut seed with water and coat it on the affected part, it provides relief from rheumatism pain.
9. Numbness of tongue and skin: The patient should use 240 milligrams powder of pure poison nut because it ends numbness of the skin and tongue.
- Grind equal quantity of opium and poison nut with water thereafter coat it on the moles because it helps to cure them.
- Mix 48 milligrams powder of pure poison nut with 6 grams honey and give it to the patient to lick because it cures bloody piles.
11. Wound: If the worms occur in the wound, bandage of poison nut’s leaves should be tied on the affected parts because it destroys the worms.
12. Diabetes: The patient should take pure poison nut because it provides relief in diabetes and helps in control to diabetes. It also ends body numbness of the diabetes patient.
13. Tumour: Mix ground poison nut with black pepper and make warm. Tumour is cured by applying it on the affected part.
14. Stomach worms: Grind seeds of poison nut with water and coat it on the stomach; it destroys stomach worms and cures guineaworms too.
15. Body trembling:
- Mix caraway powder and dry ginger powder half spoon each with 100 milligrams powder of kernels of poison nut’s seeds. Body trembling ends by taking this mixture twice a day regularly.
- Body trembling ends by taking 60 to 240 milligrams powder of pure poison nut twice a day.
16. Syphilis: Make a paste by grinding leaves of poison nut tree, dry ginger and horn of Sambhar together thereafter apply it on the affected parts to end syphilis disorders.
17. Hands and feet spasm: Toast pure poison nut and grind it to prepare the powder. After that, take 130 milligrams of this powder with pudding (Halwa) twice a day to end the spasm of the hands and feet.
18. Nerves pain: This disease is cured by taking 60 to 240 milligrams powder or 20 to 40 ml decoction of pure poison nut twice a day.
19. Nerves inflammation: The patient should take 60 to 240 milligrams powder of pure poison nut twice a day because it ends nerves inflammation.
20. Hoarseness: Take 60 to 120 milligrams powder of pure poison nut twice a day to cure hoarseness caused by over speaking.