English - Pigeon Pea
Hindi - Arhar
Sanskrit - Aadhki, Tuwri, Shannpushpika
Marathi - Turi
Telugu - Kaadul
Bengali - Adhar
Latin - Kaizenes Indicsadh
There are two kinds of Pigeon Pea as red and white. Vaasad Pigeon Pea pulse is very famous and useful. Susti, Kanpuria and Deshi pulse are the best kinds of pigeon pea. Pigeon Pea is very famous in all using pulses. It is hot and dry in nature. The people, who can suffer from its harmful effect, should eat after seasoning pulse with ghee because it removes the bad affect of pulse. Fry boiled pigeon pea seeds with enough quantity of water and make delicious vegetable from it. If someone mixes seeds of green pod of pigeon pea with brinjal Saak, it turns into more delicious. Mix tamarind or mango powder and others spices with pigeon pea pulse, it becomes more delicious and interesting. By taking pigeon pea pulse with enough quantity of ghee gas trouble does not occur. Its pulse is suitable for all type of people because it normalize Vatta, Pitta and Kapha. Soft leaves and branches of pigeon pea are fed to the animals that give milk because of that they become fresh and give excessive milk too.
Color: Pigeon pea is yellow and red.
Taste: It is vapid and salty.
Nature: It is hot and dry in nature.
Pigeon pea is pungent and sweet in taste, dry in nature and easy digestible. It generates constipation, gas disorders and makes charming to the body parts. It ends blood disorders caused by bile and phlegm disorders. Red pigeon pea is hot in nature, pungent in taste and easy digestible. It increases appetite and alleviates poison. It brings out phlegm and ends blood deficiency. It also cures itching, leprosy and kills the intestinal worms. Pigeon pea pulse is easy digestible. It is useful to cure piles, fever and abscess too.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Itching: Mix ash of pigeon pea leaves with curd and apply it on the affected part, it ends itching.
2. Migraine: This disease is cured by dripping juice of pigeon pea leaves and coach grass in both the nostrils.
3. Indian hemp’s nausea (Bhang): Mix ground pulse of pigeon pea with water and give it to the patient, it ends intoxication. Or boil 25 grams pigeon pea pulse with water and make the patient drink. It is also useful.
4. Snake poison: Chewing root of pigeon pea provides relief in snake poison.
5. Excessive sweat: Sauté one handful pigeon pea pulse, one spoon salt and half spoon dry ginger with mustard oil and thereafter grind it. After that, rub this mixture on the body parts is useful to reduce sweat. It can be used in the condition of collapse fever too.
6. Mouth blisters: Soak pulse of pigeon pea (with peels) in water and thereafter gargle with it, it cures mouth blisters and ends the bad affects of syphilis too.
7. Aabhinyas fever: If someone suffers from excessive sweat, he should spray fine powder of pigeon pea seed or conch ash on the body. If the patient does not get relief from this medicine, he should go to the doctor immediately.
8. Hydrocoel: Soak powder of pigeon pea pulse in water and grind it fine in this water. Heat this mixture and apply it on the testicles. Using this experiment twice a day for some days regularly provides relief in this disease.
9. Teeth disorders: Toothache is ended by gargling with a decoction of pigeon pea leaves.
10. Hair problems: Scratch head pimples with rough cloth and apply ground pulse of pigeon pea on the affected part thrice a day regularly. The next day, apply mustard oil on the head and sit in sunlight. After 4 hours, it should be applied again. Using this experiment for some days regularly grows new hair.
11. The swelling and inflammation of the tongue: If someone suffers from tongue blisters or cracked tongue, he should chew soft leaves of pigeon pea.
12. Hair dandruff: Soak pulse of pigeon pea with peel in one glass of water and grind it. After that, coat this pulse on the head and after sometimes wash the head with water. Using this process for some days regularly is useful to remove dandruff within some days.
13. Stomach gas: Taking pulse of pigeon pea eliminates gas from the stomach.
14. Hiccups: Smoking with peels of pigeon pea is useful to prevent hiccups.
15. The swelling and inflammation of the ears: Apply ground pulse of pigeon pea on the affected part to get relief in swelling and inflammation of the ears.
16. Wound: Apply ground leaves of pigeon pea on the affected part to get relief quickly.
17. Bile stone: Grind fine 6 grams leaves of pigeon pea and about half gram Sangeyahood together and thereafter mix it with water. Bile stone is broken by taking this mixture.
18. The disorders caused by breast engorgement:
- Grind leaves and pulse of pigeon pea together and make warm. After that, apply it on the nipples to reduce breast milk.
- Coat ground pulse of pigeon pea on the breast to end nipples swelling.
19. Giddiness: Soak pulse of pigeon pea in one cup of water for half an hour and after that drip this water in both the nostrils drop by drop. After sometime, when the patient makes sensitive, give remained water to patient to drink.
20. Headache: Smelling filtered juice of raw pigeon pea leaves and juice of green coach grass is useful to cure migraine.
21. Body swelling: Tie four spoons ground pulse of Pigeon Pea on the body swelling part to end swelling.
22. Nerves inflammation: Grind pulse of pigeon pea with water and coat it on the nerves, it provides relief in nerves inflammation quickly.
23. Blisters and swelling of the throat: Boil leaves of pigeon pea and coriander leaves with water. Thereafter, gargle with it. It cures throat blisters and ends swelling.
24. Throat diseases: Soak pulse of pigeon pea in water at overnight. In the next morning, warm this mixture and gargle with it minimum 2-3 times for some time, it ends throat swelling.