Persian Lilac/ Persian Lilac’s Fruit
PERSIAN LILAC/ PERSIAN LILAC’S FRUIT
(BAKAYAN KA PHAL*)
Its tree is huge. Its leaves are bitter like as neem leaves but a little bigger in size. The wood of Persian lilac tree is very useful for buildings. It is a shady tree. Its fruits are bitter like neem. Its shadow is very useful for health, so it is grown widely on both sides of the road. Mostly, its trees are found in Arabian countries. It is also called “Bitter neem”.
Name in different languages:
English : Persian lilac
Hindi : Bakayen, Bakiyen
Sanskrit : Mahanimb
Gujarati : Bakamlimdi
Marathi : Bakanlimb
Bengal : Ghoda neem, Mahaneem
Kannada : Mahabevu, Arbedhu
Telugu : Turkvepa, Pedavepa
Tamil : Malievembu
Persian : Azad darakhat
Arabic : Harbit, Baan
Punjabi : Dhraek
Latin : Naleya azederk
Colour: The fruit of persian lilac is black.
Taste: It is bitter.
Structure: The fruits of it are very famous.
Nature: Its fruit is hot natured.
Precaution: Taking over quantity of persian lilac may be harmful for heart and stomach.
Note: Each part of Persian lilac tree should be used carefully and in adequate quantity because it is also a little poisonous. Its bark and flowers are lesser poisonous than its fruit. Its seeds are excessive poisonous and its fresh leaves are harmless.
Removing side effects: Aniseed removes the side effects of Persian lilac’s fruit.
Comparison: The fruit of Persian lilac can be compared with madder (majith).
Dosage: It should be taken in 6 to 10 grams’ quantity.
The fruit of Persian lilac breaks the tumors and throws them out. Its use reduces swelling and filters the blood. Its use provides relief in spleen pain and is beneficial in piles. Its use ends dry and wet itching. Persian lilac’s oil is very useful for muscles’ twisting and pain. Its fruit is cool, pungent, spicy and bitter. It is beneficial in burning sensation, fever, heart troubles, vomiting, spermathorrhoea, cholera, gastric, urticaria, throat diseases, breath problems and all the types of white flecks. It brings the phlegm out and reduces warmth. It alleviates rat poisoning and kills intestinal worms.
The fruit of Persian lilac cleans pores and eliminates the bile and phlegm with loose motions. It is beneficial in piles, spleen diseases and hardness of the heart. It ends dry-wet itching and alleviates rat poisoning. Its paste is useful to reduce swelling. The tooth powder of Persian lilac’s bark makes the teeth strong and shiny.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Run amuck poison: The intake of Persian lilac root’s juice alleviates run amuck poisoning.
- Grind 10 grams bark of Persian lilac’s root with water. A person gets rid of chronic arthritis within a month by drinking this mixture twice a day after filtering.
- Taking 3 grams powder of Persian lilac’s root or its inner bark with water twice a day provides relief in rheumatism.
- Grind the seeds of Persian lilac with mustard and apply it on the affected part. Its use cures arthritis.
3. Eyes pain due to bile disorders:
- Grind the fruit of Persian lilac into fine paste. Tying this paste on the eyes provides relief in eyes pain.
- Grind the fruit of Persian lilac and make a small piece. Tying this piece on the eyes regularly gets rid of eyes’ pain caused by bile. It also provides relief in eyes pain due to excessive heat.
- Clean 1-kilogram fresh and green leaves of Persian lilac tree and extract their juice by grinding them. Shuffle this juice in a stone pot properly and dry it then shuffle it again 1-2 times and mix 3 grams Bhimseni camphor in it while shuffling it. Apply this mixture in the eyes like collyrium twice a day cures cataract, weakness of eyes, watery eyes. Its use is very beneficial in the treatment of eyes redness, itching and other diseases of the eyes.
4. Buffalo swelling: Grind the leaves of Persian lilac or bamboo tree and give it to buffalo for drinking. Its use provides relief.
5. Spermathorrhoea: Grind the fruit of Persian lilac with rice water and mix ghee in it. The use of this mixture provides quick relief in spermathorrhoea.
6. Brain warmth: Applying the paste of Persian lilac’s flowers on the affected part ends the itching of the brain.
- If someone has been suffering from headache caused by Vatta, apply hot paste of Persian lilac’s leaves and flowers on the head. Its use provides relief in headache.
- Grind the leaves of Persian lilac tree and apply on the forehead. Its use ends the headache caused by heat.
8. Stomatitis (Mouth blisters):
- Make the powder by grinding the bark of Persian lilac and 10 grams white catechu. Applying this powder on the mouth blisters to remove them.
- Burn 20 grams bark of Persian lilac and grind with 10 grams white catechu. Application of this mixture on the mouth blisters to get relief.
- Grind the leaves and dried bark of Persian lilac tree 5 grams each properly. Boil it in 500 ml water until it remains one fourth. Give it to the patient for drinking or applying. Its use provides relief in scrofula and leprosy.
- Grind the leaves of Persian lilac and apply on scrofula to get relief.
- Make the powder by grinding dried seeds of Persian lilac. Taking 2 grams of this powder with water twice a day provides relief in bloody piles as well as piles caused by vaata.
- Grind equal quantity persian lilac’s kernels and aniseed together. Mix sugar-candy in it. Taking 2 grams this powder thrice a day provides relief.
- Make the powder by grinding equal amount of aloe vera and myrobalan with the kernels of Persian lilac’s seeds. Shuffle this powder with the juice of blumea odoreta (kookrondha) and make tablets of 250 milligrams. Taking two tablets with water twice a day stops piles’ bleeding and breaks constipation.
11. Stomach pain: Taking 3 to 5 ml decoction of Persian lilac’s leaves with 2 grams powder of dry ginger provides relief in stomachache.
12. Leucorrhoea: Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of Persian lilac’s seeds and white sandal together. Mix equal quantity of sugar in this powder. Taking its 6 grams quantity twice a day provides relief.
13. Fit: Boil 10 grams leaves of Persian lilac in 500 ml water until it remains ¼ then give it to the woman who is the victim of fit caused by emotionalism. Its use proves beneficial.
14. Swelling: If someone has been suffering from swelling due to accumulation of blood on injury-affected portion, grind 10-20 leaves of Persian lilac tree and make a poultice. Tie this packet on the affected portion. The accumulated blood dissolves by its use.
15. Skin diseases:
- Boil and pimples disappear as well as hard skin of the head become normal if the victim applies 50 ml juice of Persian lilac on the head.
- Grind 10 grams seed of Persian lilac’s fruit with 100 ml coconut oil. Applying this mixture on the wounds of head with hot water, ghee or oil provides relief.
- Grind 8-10 dry fruits of Persian lilac with 50 ml vinegar and apply on the skin. Its use cures skin diseases caused by worms.
16. Leucoderma (white marks): Soak 3 grams ripe and yellow seeds of Persian lilac in 50 ml water at night. On the next morning, prepare paste by grinding them. Taking this preparation regularly for 20 days provides relief in leprosy. The patient should take bread of gram-flour and cow’s ghee during this treatment.
17. Chronic fever:
- Grind the bark of Persian lilac, khorasan thorn 10 grams each and 10 seeds of chicory together. Immerse this mixture in 50-100 milliliters water and crush it properly after some time then filter it. Take this mixture before the sensation of cold in fever. Its use reduces the chronic fever only by the use of two dosages.
- Grind raw and fresh fruit of Persian lilac (without kernels) and extract juice. Mix equal quantity of tinospora juice in it. Mix ¼-part powder of pure caraway. Shuffle it properly and make tablets with this paste. Taking one tablet with fresh water thrice a day reduces the chronic fever.
- Washing decayed wounds with 50 milliliters juice of Persian lilac leaves provides relief.
- Prepare paste by grinding 8-10 leaves of Persian lilac and apply on the wounds. Its use heals the wounds.
- Grind the leaves of Persian lilac tree and apply it on injury-affected portion. Its use proves beneficial.
19. Tumour: (boils-pimples) Grind 10-20 leaves of neem tree with 10-20 leaves of Persian lilac tree and make packet with this paste. Tying this packet on tumor provides relief.
20. Stomach worms:
- Boil 20 grams bark of Persian lilac tree in 2-liter water until it remains 750 ml then mix a little jaggery in it. Drinking 50 to 100 milliliters decoction regularly for three days kills stomach worms.
- Grind the bark of Persian lilac tree and neem tree then mix water in this to prepare paste. Applying this paste on the stomach brings stomach worms out with the stool.
21. Guineaworm: Taking one seed of Persian lilac regularly for 7 days cures the patient of guineaworms.
22. Testicles’ disease: Boil 100 grams leaves of persian lilac tree in 500 ml water. Immerse a cloth in this water and foment testicles then tie its light heat leaf on the testicles. Its use provides relief in testicles’ diseases.
23. Tongue blisters, swelling and inflammation: Grind equal amount of Persian lilac bark and white catechu together to prepare the powder. Spray this powder on the tongue many times a day. Any type blisters do not appear on the tongue by its use.
24. Syphilis: Grind 70 grams fruit of Persian lilac and filter it. Taking its 5 grams quantity with milk twice a day is beneficial in the disease named syphilis.
25. Vagina contraction: Grind the dry bark of Persian lilac and apply on the vagina. Its application contracts the vagina.
26. Spasm of the feet and hands: The patient who has been suffering from the spasm of hands and feet should take 20 ml syrup of inner bark of Persian lilac. Its use provides relief.
27. Hysteria: Drinking the decoction of Persian lilac’s leaves twice a day cures hysteria.
28. Guineaworms: Eating seven seeds of Persian lilac regularly for 7 days ends the guineaworms.
29. Sciatica: Grind inner bark of Persian lilac with water on a stone piece and filter this water. Drinking this water provides relief in sciatica.
30. Children disease: Grind the bark of Persian lilac tree and neem together. Applying this mixture on the whole stomach kills all stomach worms and brings them out with loose motion.