Orrisa root (pushkarmool) is also known by the name of kutha according to Ayurveda physicians.
Orrisa root characteristic (pushkarmool) can be compared with costus root (kut).
Useful in different diseases:
1. Asthma or breath problems:
- Grind orrisa root (pushkarmool) and mix with powder of atees. After that, lick this mixture with honey. It is helpful to cure asthma.
- Taking powder of orrisa root (pushkarmool) with cow ghee cures asthma.
- Make the powder by grinding orrisa root (pushkarmool), pipal, myrabolam-chebulie (harad) bark, dry ginger, camphor (kapoor) and kamalgatta together in equal quantity. After that, take 2 pinches this powder with fresh water, it cures asthma and removes breathing problem.
2. Toothache: Make the powder by grinding orrisa root (pushkarmool). Rubbing this powder on teeth sets teeth, and provides relief from toothache.
3. Cough: Mix 10 grams power of an equal quantity of zedoary (kachur) and indian-gooseberry (aanvla with powder of orrisa root (pushkarmool). Licking this mixture mixed with 3 grams honey twice or thrice a day eliminates cough.
4. Pyorrhea (Bleeding from the gums): Make the tooth powder by grinding orrisa root (pushkarmool). After that, rub this powder on the teeth, it cures pyorrhea, toothache and sets the moving teeth, and removes offensive smell of the mouth.
5. Hiccup: Make a powder by grinding orrisa root (pushkarmool), black pepper (kalimirch) and impure carbonate of potash (javakhar) together in equal quantity. After that, take one pinch of this powder with lukewarm water. It is useful to removes hiccup.
6. Enlargement of liver: Take ¼ gram orrisa root (pushkarmool) twice a day (morning and evening), it normalizes enlargement of liver.
7. Boils: Apply ground orrisa root (pushkarmool) on the boils, pimples and wounds, it provides benefit to cures them.
8. Rheumatism (pain in the joints): Grind 5 grams of an equal quantity of orrisa root (pushkarmool), rock salt, barks of myrabolam-chebulie (harad), bassia latifolia (Mahuva) and pipal 5 grams together to make the fine powder and after that cook it in one litre sesame oil and cool it. After that, store it in bottle. Massaging the knee after applying this oil on this affected part removes pain.
9. Heart disease: Taking one gram powder of orrisa root (pushkarmool) with 5 grams honey twice a day is useful to cure heart disease.
10. Children liver disorder: Give about ¼ gram orrisa root (pushkarmool) to children, it removes liver disorder.