Orange is grown at Nagpur and Jhalavar in India on a large scale. It is cool in nature, sweet, tasty and sour. It enhances power and increases urine and appetite. Mostly, it is used in the summer season. Orange is a famous fruit. It contains good quantity of vitamin-A, B, C, and calcium. It is beneficial in digestion and purifies the blood. Its juice or marmalade prepared by its juice is very nutritive. Orange keeps the mind happy. It can be eaten in fast (Vrat) and in all diseases. The patient who has been suffering from disturbed digestion system, mix orange juice in 3 folds of water and drink. Its use is a good remedy for disturbed digestion system. Taking orange on empty stomach in the morning or after 5 hours of the meals is very beneficial. One should take only one or two oranges at once. Orange contains good quantity of vitamin-C. Eating one orange regularly covers the lack of vitamin-C as a person needs.
- Orange contains good combination of vitamin C and D. It ripens itself on the tree with the help of sunshine and wind. Its use enhances prophylactic power of the body. Orange contains glucose and dextol which are the source of vital power and are useful for good health. Orange is beneficial in many diseases and keeps the body healthy and fresh.
- Orange juice contains good quantity of soluble glucose, fructose, sucrose and carbonic acid. Orange contains vitamin-C, vitamin-B complex, vitamin-A, minerals and some nutritive elements, so it is counted in nutritive fruits. Giving orange juice to the patient who has been suffering from fever provides strength and relief. It quenches over thirst and reduces the dryness of the mouth. Its juice can be drunk many times a day.
- To purify the blood several experiments have been tested on the juice that is taken during fast. It is considered abstergent and can be taken constantly in meal.
- There are 23 nutritive elements in orange that are beneficial for good health. All people of Europe consider it very useful and call it by the name of Golden apple.
- A beautiful and fair complexioned baby will take birth if a pregnant woman takes one glass juice of orange during pregnancy. Its use also stops the vomiting of a pregnant woman.
- Orange juice works as water, medicine and nutritive substance for the patient. It controls stomach warmth and reforms the taste of the mouth.
Elements contained in Orange:
Protein : 0.9 percent
Fat : 0.3 percent
Carbohydrate : 10.6 percent
Sulphur : About ¼ gram / 100 grams
Copper : About ¼ gram / 100 grams
Iron : About ¼ gram / 100 grams
Potassium : About ¼ gram / 100 grams
Magnesium : About ¼ gram / 100 grams
Sodium : About ¼ gram / 100 grams
Chlorine : About ¼ gram / 100 grams
Vitamin-A : About ¼ gram / 100 grams
Vitamin-B : About ¼ gram / 100 grams
Vitamin-C : About ¼ gram / 100 grams
Water : 87.8 percent
Calcium : 0.05 percent
Phosphorus : 0.02 percent
Useful in different diseases:
1. Flecks of chicken pox: Dry orange peels and reduced to fine powder. Mix 4 spoons rose water in this powder to prepare a paste. After that, apply this paste on the flecks of the face regularly, it reduces them.
2. For long age: A person gets long life by drinking one glass juice of orange regularly.
3. Anemia: Drink orange juice daily to get rid of anemia, pyorrhea, eyes inflammation, skin diseases and burning sensation of the hands and feet.
4. Indigestion: Heat orange juice and mix black salt and dry ginger powder in it. Taking this mixture provides relief in indigestion. It is a fail proof medicine for stomach diseases.
- Orange can be given to the patients of diabetes. Its juice is very useful and effective in depression, high blood pressure, constipation, indigestion and diseases caused by warmth.
- Dry orange peels in shadow and grind them to fine powder. Boil 4 spoons this powder in one glass of water and filter. Drinking this preparation daily provides relief in diabetes.
6. Children diseases: Giving orange juice to small children purifies their blood and makes their body strong. It also makes the bones strong and skin remains healthy.
- Take orange juice mixing with cow milk. Its use provides relief in pyorrhea, indigestion, weakness, insomnia, chronic cough, eye diseases, stone, vomiting and liver problems. Orange contains a strange capacity to cure stomach diseases and heart problems. It also checks vatta disorders.
- Regular use of orange provides relief in pyorrhea. Dry orange peels in shadow and grind them into fine powder. Brushing with this powder daily gets rid of pyorrhea and makes the teeth strong.
- The regular use of orange juice for a few days breaks constipation.
- Eating orange after the meals and before sleeping at night regularly remains a person far from constipation.
- Drink orange juice in the breakfast regularly for a few days. Its use makes the bowel normal and enhances digestion power.
9. Influenza: there is belief that a person can avoid from influenza or epidemic only by the use of oranges. Orange is beneficial in flu. The patient of influenza should take only orange and warm water during the disease.
10. Kidney problems: Eat 1-2 oranges followed by warm water before breakfast or drinking orange juice for healthy kidney. Its use ends kidney problems. Orange is also very beneficial for healthy kidneys. Apples and grapes also provide equal benefits. Taking fruits juice on empty stomach in the morning regularly keeps the kidneys healthy.
11. Cold and cough: Drinking orange juice mixing with warm water in winter and with cold water in summer season. Its use provides relief in cold and cough.
- Drink one glass orange juice to get relief in cough and catarrh. One can mix salt or sugar-candy in orange juice for taste.
- Drink orange juice mixing with warm water in winter season and with cold water in summer season. Its use provides relief in catarrh. Make small pieces of an orange and boil them in one glass water until half water remains then filter it. Drinking this mixture twice a day provides relief in catarrh.
- A person gets relief in catarrh by drinking the decoction of orange peels.
13. Infantile diseases: Give the juice of sweet orange to the child regularly. Its use protects a child from diseases which attack in winters. It is very good for those children who suck their mother’s breast. It also enhances the strength of the bdoy.
14. Nutritive meal for children: Mix one part of orange juice than milk that is given to the child for drinking. It is nutritive beverage for the child. Its use enhances the weight of the body.
15. Meal of a pregnant woman: A beautiful baby will take birth by taking 2 oranges at noon during pregnancy.
16. Nutritive for child: Giving orange juice to the child ends the weakness of a child and makes the body healthy and strong within a few days. It ends the weakness and crookedness of the bones. It also makes the bones strong. Orange juice must be given to the child who drinks cows or other kinds of milk. Drinking orange juice is good remedy for the treatment of rickets and makes the body of children strong and healthy. Its juice increases intestinal activities.
17. Wine: Take orange juice before breakfast regularly. Its use kills the desire for wine.
18. Typhoid: its use checks the warmth of the body and abates fever. Its use ends restlessness. Mix orange juice in milk and drink it or drink milk after eating an orange. Orange should be taken many times a day. Its use reduces the warmth of the body and evacuates urine and stool easily.
- Taking orange is useful to quenche over thirst.
- Eating orange quenches over thirst.
20. Blood purifier: The blood purifies by eating orange daily.
21. For gaining strength: Drink one glass orange juice twice a day (in the morning and at noon) for a few weeks ends the weakness. Its use provides strength to the body. If a child is weak and drinks milk with the help of a bottle, orange juice should be given to the child. Its use will be very beneficial.
22. Acnes: Grind dried peels of orange and rub it on the face. Acnes disappear by its use.
23. Strength for the ligament: ligament becomes active by the use of orange and its use breaks constipation. Orange is beneficial for the patient who has been suffering from breathing problems and depression caused by ligament disorder.
24. Peptic ulcer: Take orange juice regularly if there is ulcer, boil and sinu in the stomach.
25. Jaundice: Regular use of orange provides relief in jaundice.
26. Wound: The use of oranges heals the wound up soon.
27. Anorexia: Sprinkle ground dry ginger and black salt on orange pieces and give it to the patient. The appetite of the patient of anorexia increases by following this formula only for one week. The use of 2 oranges on empty stomach in the morning regularly increases appetite and all stomach problems disappear.
28. Malaria: Boil the peels of 2 oranges in 2 cups of water until half water remains and then filter it. Drinking this lukewarm mixture is a good remedy in malaria. Its use will provide relief within a few days.
29. Chest diseases: Orange juice is very beneficial in heart problems, tuberculosis, breathing problems and chest diseases.
30 Infantile diarrhoea: Mix orange juice in milk and give it to the affected child. Its use stops loose motions.
31. Vomiting and retching: The use of orange provides relief in vomiting and retching. Eat orange or drink orange juice to get relief if you have been suffering from vomiting and retching while long traveling.
32. Mosquito and fly: Put dried peels of orange on burning coils. Its smoke is shiny and has fragrance. Mosquitoes and flies run away by this smoke. The bugs disappear by putting orange peels on the affected place.
33. Asthma or breathing problems: Mix honey in orange juice and give it to the patient of heart. Its use provides quick relief. Taking orange juice mixing with pinchful salt and a tbsp. honey is beneficial for health. Its use is also beneficial in tuberculosis, asthma, catarrh and breathing problems. It works like an expectorant.
34. Fever: Regular use of oranges abates fever and quenches thirst. It also increases the appetite.
35. Dentition: Heat orange juice and give its 2 spoons quantity to the child 2-3 times a day. Its use helps during dentition.
- If a person feels retching, he should eat orange or drink its juice to get relief. Eating orange while traveling in bus is a good formula to stop vomiting.
- Grind dried peels of orange and mix double quantity of sugar in it. Take this mixture to stop vomiting. Licking honey mixing with 2 grams powder of dried peels of orange is good treatment to stop vomiting.
37. Stomach gas:
- Taking orange is good remedy in all liver problems. The patient, who has been suffering from flatulence, indigestion and heaviness in the stomach caused by gas trouble, should take orange for getting relief. Drinking one glass orange juice daily in the morning makes the intestines clean. Its juice breaks to the constipation.
- Drinking one glass orange juice in the morning regularly makes the intestines clean and eliminates stomach gas. Its use also makes to the liver-activity normal.
38. For facial beauty: Rub orange juice on the face to improve glow and beauty of the face.
- Drinking orange juice cures the disease named berry-berry.
- Orange juice is useful in joints’ pain and swelling. Its use provides strength and energy to the heart, head and liver.
40. Loose motions: Mix breast milk or goat milk in orange juice and give it to the child. This preparation will stop loose motions surely.
41. Diarrhoea during pregnancy: Drinking syrup of sweet oranges stops loose motions during pregnancy.
42. Hemorrhoids: Dry orange peels in shade and grind them finely. Mix equal quantity of pure ghee in it. Take one spoon mixture mixing with lukewarm water thrice a day. Its use will provide relief in hemorrhoids.
43. Ulcer: Taking 2 spoons orange juice after the meals regularly gets rid of stomach ulcer.
44. Acidity: Mix a little toasted and ground cumin seeds in 100 ml orange juice. Drinking this juice is good treatment of acidity.
45. Fever caused by bile: Mix a little sugar with orange pulp and heat it slightly. Eating this pulp stops cough and abates fever caused by bile.
46. Sun-stroke: Mix orange, Mausambi and pomegranate juice together and cool it. Drinking this mixture regularly protects from sun-strokes.
47. Excessive warmth: Take 20 to 40 ml orange juice mixing with ample quantity of water. Its use reduces the warmth of the body and ends headache.
48. Stomach ulcer: The use of oranges provides relief in stomach ulcer, wound and sinus.
49. Worms in the stomach: Drink orange juice in every morning. Its use kills stomach worms.
50. Stomach pain:
- Take a little asafetida mixing with 4 spoons juice of oranges. Its use gets rid of stomach pain.
- Taking a little toasted asafetida and black salt mixing with 20 ml orange juice gets rid of stomach pain.
- Eat orange peels to get relief in stomach pain. Its use ends the weakness and indigestion.
51. Arthritis: Eating orange regularly provides relief in arthrits.
52. Face freckle:
- Grind the dried peels of orange, egg’s peel, tragacanth gum, barley, gram, lentil, almond kernels, seeds of musk-melon and nisasta 10 grams each together. Mix 2 spoons this mixture after filtering in water or milk. After that, apply it on the face before sleeping at night. On the next morning, wash the face with lukewarm water and apply badamrogan or jasmine oil on the face. Its use ends to the freckles of the face.
- Grind dried peels of orange and mix a little water in it. Apply this mixture on the face to vanish freckles. Its use makes the face soft and beautiful.
- Dry orange peels and grind them into fine powder. Mix coconut oil and a little rose water in it. Applying this mixture on the face softens to the skin.
- Grind orange peels and lemon peels together into fine powder. Now mix a little milk in it. Apply this mixture on the face to get fairness and shine on the face.
53. Itching and scabies: Grind orange peels like sauce and apply it on the affected part. Its use provides relief.
54. Spasm of hands and feet: Drinking 25 to 50 ml orange juice provides relief in pain caused by spasm.
55. Skin diseases: Drink orange juice regularly to purify the blood. Its use cures skin diseases.
56. Low blood pressure: Mix a little salt on orange or orange juice and take. Its use makes the blood pressure normal.
57. Chicken pox: Grind orange peels and apply on the marks of chicken pox. Its use provides relief.
58. Ringworms: Make a poultice of orange and tie it on the ringworms. Ringworm disappears by its use.
59. Pricking-heat: Make the powder by grinding dried peels of orange. Mix rose water in this powder and apply it on the body. Pricking heat disappear by its use.
60. Skin softness: Dry orange peels in shadow and reduced to powder. Add a little milk in this powder to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the body. The skin will become soft and tender.
61. For beauty: Taking 20 to 40 ml orange juice mixing with water (according to need) cures indigestion, anorexia and burning sensation on one hand. On the other hand its use fairs to the complexion of the face and increases face glow.
62. Child diseases: Extract juice by taking one orange and filter it. Giving this juice to 4 months’ old baby at noon is beneficial. Mix orange juice with equal quantity of water and then give its 2 spoons quantity to the 4 weeks’ old baby. The use of this juice makes a baby strong and healthy and also fairs the complexion.