Olibanum is a type of vegetable, which grows itself on the sides of field for whole years. There is creeper, which age is 8 to 10 years. There are two kinds of olibanum as- bitter and sweet.
Bitter olibanum is not used as vegetable but sweet is used to cook vegetable. The olibanum, which has small and has soft seeds, is the best to prepare vegetable.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Diabetes: The patient should take 4 grams powder of bitter olibanum’s leaves and cooked vegetable of olibanum regularly because this process provides relief in diabetes.
2. Scorpion bite: The patient should apply juice of bitter olibanum’s leaves on the affected part because it alleviates poison.
3. Sperm with urine: This disease is cured by taking decoction of bitter olibanum’s root twice a day regularly.
4. Leucorrhoea: The suffered woman should take powder of olibanum plant root to cure leucorrhoea.
5. Hemorrhage: Juice of olibanum panchang (stem, root, leaf, flower and fruit) should be drunk with sugar in the case of hemorrhage.
6. Cracked tongue: Chew olibanum and keep its juice in the mouth for sometime, it provides relief in cracked tongue.
- The patient should apply juice of olibanum’s leaves or tie packet of olibanum leaves on the affected part because it provides relief in pain of ulcer or wound consequently, ulcer bursts after maturing.
- If the patient feels unbearable inflammation in the wound, he should apply juice of olibanum’s leaves on the affected part because it ends inflammation and provides relief in pain.
8. Testicles swelling: Make the fine powder by grinding equal quantity of olibanum, dry ginger, tobacco, orrisroot, mango ginger, mastagi, vatsnaag and poppy seeds together. Mix juice of garden nightshade with this powder and prepare tablets equal of half gram from it. Grind one tablet with water and coat it on the affected part as well as make a packet (potli) from this powder and make light hot thereafter foment the affected part with it. Testicles’ swelling is cured by using this process.
- If phlegm is more adhesive and gummy in cough, patient should take 120 to 360 milligrams olibanum with almond and sugar twice a day because it brings out phlegm and cures cough.
- Smoking with olibanum brings out chronic greasy and gummy phlegm.
10. Stomatitis (Mouth blisters): Olibanum fruit should be chewed in the case of blisters of the mouth and tongue.
- If the swelling occurs due to hurt, melt olibanum, cuscus oil and white wax together on light fire thereafter filter it with the help of a cloth and prepare an ointment. This ointment should be applied on the affected part 2-3 times because it ends swelling.
- Make a paste by mixing olibanum gum, opium, datura and caraway together thereafter coat it on the thick cloth. Tying this bandage on the affected part is useful to end swelling caused by contraction of blood arteries and provides relief from pain too.
12. Tumour: Make an ointment by melting olibanum, cuscus oil and white wax together on light fire. After that, apply this ointment on the affected part regularly to end tumours and swelling.