Night jasmine trees are not very high. Its seeds are round. Its flowers are very soft and fragrant. Its flowers fall down on the earth by swing its tree. If someone feels the smell of night jasmine with air, his mind becomes very happy. Put dried stick of night jasmine flower in the water, it changes into yellow color. Its stick color is used in medicines to make yellow color. By chewing leaves of night jasmine the tongue becomes yellow.
Colour: Night jasmine leaves are green. Upper part of its flower is white and stick is yellow.
Taste: It is vapid.
Structure: Mostly, its trees are found in forests and gardens. Its flowers are beautiful and attractive. Its sticks are saffron. Ground sticks of night jasmine are used in cloths to make yellow. Its fruits are small and flats. Its leaves are rough like adhul.
Nature: It is cool and dry in nature, but some night jasmine is hot in nature.
Precaution: It is harmful in the cough.
Removing side-effects: Pierorhiza (Kutki) is used to remove the side-effects of night jasmine.
Dose: It should be used in 3 grams quantity.
Night jasmine is bitter. It cures fever and increases sperm count. Cough is cured by taking bark of night jasmine with betel leaf. Its leaves are useful to cure ringworm, shadow and marks. Its flowers provide strength to the hot natured person and decreases warmth. Its root and gum increase sperm count too.
Useful in different diseases:
1. The poison affect of paspalum scrobiculatum on the animals: Give the juice of night jasmine leaves to the animals, it removes poisoning affects of paspalum scrobiculatum.
2. Itching: Grind night jasmine leaves with nachaki-flour thereafter apply it on the affected part. Or grind sona ocher with curd and take it or grind night jasmine leaves with milk and apply it on the affected part. Using this process is useful to end itching.
3. Scrofula: Grind night jasmine leaves, bamboo leaves and falgun leaves together. Scrofula is cured by coating it on the affected part for 7 days regularly.
4. Asthma or breathing problems:
- Take 120-240 milligrams powder of night jasmine bark with betel leaf 3-4 times in a day regularly; it reduces the viscous of phlegm. Consequently, breathing problems (asthma) are removed.
- Two pinches powder of night jasmine bark should be taken with betel leaf to ends asthma or breathing problems.
5. Malaria fever: Mix juice of 7-8 leaves of night jasmine and ginger juice with honey. After that, take it twice a day, it cures chronic fever caused by malaria.
6. Cough: Take 12-24 milligrams powder of night jasmine bark with betel leaf 3-4 times, it ends the viscous of phlegm and provides very relief in cough.
7. Alopecia: Grind seeds of night jasmine with water and apply it on the affected part, it cures alopecia and grows new hair.
- Grind 10 grams seeds of night jasmine (without peels) with 3 grams black peppers and prepare tablets (equal of gram) from it. After that, take one tablet with lukewarm water twice a day regularly, it cures piles.
- Soak 2 grams flowers night jasmine in 30 ml water at overnight. In the next morning, crush these flowers with this water and filter it. Mix one spoon sugar in this filtered water and give it to the patient on empty stomach for one week regularly, it cures piles.
- Grind 10 grams seeds of night jasmine (Without peels) with 3 grams black peppers and apply it on the anus, it eliminates flatulence.
9. Liver enlargement: Mix juice of 7-8 leaves of night jasmine and ginger juice with honey. Taking it twice a day is useful to cure enlargement of the liver and spleen.
10. Palate diseases (Root of the mouth): Root night jasmine should be chewed to get relief in palate diseases.
11. Nails itching: Applying juice of night jasmine on the nails after scratching is useful to end itching of the nails.
12. Ringworm: Applying ground leaves of night jasmine is useful to cure ringworm.
13. Insanity: Gulakanda of white flower of night jasmine should be taken to cure mystification of warmth.
14. Sciatica: Make a decoction by boiling leaves of night jasmine with water on light fire thereafter give it to the patient, it provides relief in sciatica.