Offensive smell starts to come from the mouth if a person becomes the patient of pyorrhoea. Bleeding starts from the gums and teeth if the patient presses them. Sometimes, swelling comes on the gums and blood with pus starts to exude from the gums. When this poisonous blood reaches into the stomach of the patient, he becomes the victim of several diseases occur. Several diseases occur because of this disease and such diseases are as swelling in the stomach, ulcer, indigestion, swelling in the throat, fever, eye diseases, etc. Besides it, several other fatal diseases can occur because of this disease as like diseases of liver, brain, kidney and lungs.
Causes of the disease named pyorrhoea:
- Germs start to be produced near about the teeth if a person does not cleanse his teeth properly after having meal. In this situation, the disease named pyorrhoea occurs.
- A person becomes the patient of this disease if he uses betel leaf, tobacco, betel nut, gutkha. Smoking is also a big cause of this disease.
- Constipation and several other diseases of the body affect to the teeth by which a person can be the patient of pyorrhoea.
- A person can become the patient of pyorrhoea if there is deficiency of vitamin ‘c’, ‘d’ and calcium in the body.
- Excessive use of sugar and products of sugar may be the cause of pyorrhoea.
Treatment of pyorrhoea according to naturopathy:
- First, the patient should remove all the causes of pyorrhoea for the treatment of it.
- First, the patient should keep fast by drinking the juice of carrot, lemon, Indian gooseberry, orange, mosambi, spinach, coconut water, white ash gourd, etc. for the treatment of pyorrhoea. Thereafter, he should take uncooked meal for some days regularly. Fruits, salad, sprouted pulses can be included in uncooked meal. The patient should take such meal which contain vitamin ‘C’, ‘D’ and calcium in sufficient quantity.
- The patient should not take sugar or sugar made products and packaged foodstuffs in this disease.
- The patient should gargle with salt mixed lukewarm water in the morning regularly for the treatment of this disease. The patient gets lots of relief by doing so.
- The patient should rub his gums regularly for the treatment of pyorrhoea.
- Boil the leaves of neem in water and gargle with this water regularly. The patient gets rid of this disease soon by doing so.
- The patient should cleanse his teeth with the twig of neem. Doing so proves very beneficial.
- The patient of pyorrhoea should apply the juice of lemon or Indian goose berry for the treatment of pyorrhoea. The disease named pyorrhoea disappears soon by doing so.
- Mix salt and turmeric in mustard oil and rub on the gums and teeth with the help of finger regularly. The patient gets lots of relief by doing so.
- Chewing neem leaves for 10 minutes thrice a day regularly cures the disease named pyorrhoea completely.
- Toast almond’s bark and alum properly and grind into fine powder. Fill this powder into the bottle. Rub this powder on the teeth regularly to get rid of pyorrhoea.
- The patient should cleanse his teeth necessarily after eating and drinking every times.
- Chewing green coach grass proves beneficial in this disease. Bleeding from the teeth also stops by chewing this grass regularly.
- Application of mud near about the lips and chin cures the disease named pyorrhoea.
- The patient should cure the disease according to natural treatment along with local treatment which are as fasting, mudpack, hip-bath (kati-snana) covering around the neck, sunbath, jalneti, etc.
- The patient gets lots of relief by doing sheetkari, sheetali and pranayam.
- Doing Mudra, Sarvanga-Asana, Matasya-Asana and Paschimothan-Asana cures the disease named pyorrhoea.