Insomnia is a common disease in present time and this disease is related to nervous system. The patient of this disease sleeps for a short period. Generally, all the people should sleep at least 6 to 8 hours because contracted muscles and nerves get lots of relief while sleeping. Sleeping for long time is harmful because if a person sleeps for long time, several kinds of diseases occur in the body. Such diseases are as laziness and idleness. Sound and calm sleep proves very beneficial and less sleep is sufficient. When a person does not sleep according to need, he is called the patient of insomnia. This disease can be cured by nature therapy. It is a very troublesome disease. Sometimes, a person becomes mad due to this disease.
Symptoms of insomnia:
The patient of insomnia sleeps for short period. Sometimes, the patient is not able to sleep and he keeps on taking sides throughout night. Sometimes, he gets up early if he sleeps and is not able in sleeping again. He feels too much exhaustion and does not do any work with interest. Memory power of the patient becomes weak due to this disease and he becomes the patient of high blood pressure. Natural lustre of the face disappears from the face of the patient of insomnia.
The patient feels heaviness in the eyes and he becomes irritated. He feels tense mentally, physically and emotionally. He becomes the patient of several other diseases due to this disease.
Causes of this disease:
- Main cause of this disease is mental tension.
- Excessive anxiety, excessive mental labour, lack of physical labour and excessive anger become the cause of insomnia.
- The disease insomnia takes a person in its grip if he has been suffering from constipation.
- Having too much food at night, sleeping on empty stomach and excessive use of tea and coffee can be the causes of insomnia.
- A person becomes the victim of insomnia due to anemia and physical weakness.
- Smoking, gastric problems and other bodily diseases can be the causes of insomnia.
- Excessive use of medicines is the cause of insomnia.
- A person becomes the victim of insomnia if any kind of polluted liquid mingles into blood.
- Any kind of swelling and pain in the nerves can be the cause of insomnia.
- Excessive mental work and lack of physical labour or no labour, too much light in the room can be the cause of insomnia.
- A person becomes the patient of insomnia if he sleeps with many persons in the room.
- If the place or bed room is dirty or cot and bed sheet are dirty, a person becomes the victim of this disease. Sometimes, bug becomes the cause of this problem.
- A person becomes the patient of this disease because of such cause as mental and neural excitement and noisy place.
Treatment of insomnia by nature therapy:
- First, the patient of this disease should drink juice of such things as mosambi, cucumber, orange, etc. according to nature therapy. Thereafter, he should take fruits and raw and balanced diet.
- The patient of insomnia should take spiced whey of gourd for some days regularly along with milk, curd, whey, etc. He gets rid of this disease within a few days soon by the use of these things.
- The patient gets lots of relief if he eats curd after mixing honey, aniseed and black pepper in it regularly. Thus, the disease named insomnia is cured within a few days.
- Give one spoon honey in water and give to the patient of this disease to drink in the morning and evening regularly. The disease is cured soon within a few days.
- A patient of this disease gets rid of this disease soon if he sucks small beleric myrobalan (Chhoti-Harad) in the morning and evening.
- The patient of this disease should never take spicy or oily food because the disease becomes serious if these things are taken.
- The patient of this disease should walk on the green grass in the morning. The disease is cured within a few days.
- Exercising in the morning proves very beneficial for the treatment of insomnia. The patient gets lots of relief by adopting exercises.
- The patient of insomnia should adopt enema regularly for the natural treatment of this disease. Thereafter, the mud pack should be applied on the body. After that, the patient should take hip-bath (Kati-Snan), cold sitz bath (Mehen Snan), and spinal bath (Ridh-Snan). The patient should wrap a wet bed sheet around his body once a week.
- The patient should wash his feet with lukewarm water and massage the soles of feet with mustard oil. The disease named insomnia disappears soon by this treatment.
- The patient should apply sun charged oil of a blue colored bottle (that has been kept in sunlight) in his head. He sleeps soundly if he does above mentioned formula. Thus, the disease disappears soon.
- The patient should do Surya-Namaskar, Vajra-Asana, Makara-Asana, Uttanpad-Asana, Paschimothan-Asana, Hala-Asna, Bhujang-Asana, Makara-Asana, Sarvang-Asana and Pawan-Asana. He gets rid of this disease if he does above mentioned exercise.
- The disease named insomnia is cured within a few days if the patient adopts Sheetali, Sheetkari, Nari-Shodhan Pranayam and meditation.
- The patient should do Shava-Asana before sleeping at night or he should count reverse counting or he should adopt Yog-Nidra. Its use provides lots of relief in this disease.
- The patient should not keep his head towards north side while sleeping. He should sleep by taking left side. In this way, the patient gets rid of this disease soon and he sleeps soundly.
- The patient of this disease should press the back portion between the toes of feet with the help of thumb. He should leave that portion after 14-15 minutes. After some time, this method should be started again. This process should be done at least ten times. This disease is cured within some days by doing so regularly. Thus, the patient sleeps soundly.
- The patient should sleep soundly but he should not sleep in this way like a corpse which is lying down on the ground. Sound sleep for three hours is better than the eight hour’s sleep that is full of disturbances and dreams. In this way, a person should sleep soundly and should remain far from anxiety.
Some formulae for sound sleep:
- The patient should keep pillow under the head because blood keeps on circulating from head to below side of the body and he sleeps soundly. Head of the person should be some high and other lower portion should be some below.
- A person should sleep by taking left side because breathing pipe remains straight if he sleeps towards left side. In this way, air keeps on supplying properly into the body.
- Medicines should not be taken to sleep because use of such kinds of medicines effects bad on the nervous system of the brain and the person can become the patient of many other diseases.
- In this way, it can be said that we can get rid of insomnia with the help of sound sleeping. The person remains healthy and he passes his life happily. Therefore, a person should sleep soundly whenever he sleeps.