Cold and catarrh
COLD AND CATARRH
When a person becomes the patient of this disease, water starts to flow from the nose. The patient has to face several troubles and difficulties in this disease. If this disease is not treated on time, the patient becomes the victim of several kinds of diseases as ozaena, bronchitis, influenza, pneumonia and tuberculosis etc.
Symptoms of cold:
- Water starts to come out from the nose of a person if he becomes the patient of this disease. He suffers from fever and body ache along with exhaustion.
- The patient suffers from cold, irritation in the throat and watery nose in the preliminary stage of this disease.
- The patient coughs because of the irritation in the chest and throat. Sometimes, he coughs by turns.
- The patient feels difficulty in breathing and the voice becomes heavy in this disease. He feels difficulty in eating and speaking.
Cause of cold:
- Dietetic errors are the main causes of the origin of this disease because polluted liquid gathers in the body due to wrong eating habits. Thus, a person becomes the patient of this disease.
- This disease takes a person in its grip because of cold, breathing in humid air and wrong habits.
- Excessive use of cold foodstuffs in meals can be the cause of this disease.
- Lack of prophylactic power can be the cause of cold and catarrh.
- Excessive weakness of the body becomes the cause of cold.
- When a victim of this disease sneezes and drops of sneezing fall on a healthy person, the healthy person alos becomes the patient of this disease. This disease spreads because of sneezing and coughing.
Treatment of cold and catarrh in naturopathy:
- First, the patient should walk in light sunlight to perspire sweat from the body. Thereafter, the patient should take sponge bath and then make the body warm. The patient gets relief by doing so.
- The patient should not walk if he is weak. A weak patient should take rest by lying on the bed. He should drink one glass lemon juice mixed water at the regular interval of half hour. Or he should drink lukewarm water. Nose becomes clear by doing so and acuteness of the cold gets reduced.
- The patient should keep fast for one or two days and he should drink lemon juice mixed water during fast. Or he should drink the juice of orange and he should cleanse his stomach by adopting enema in the evening. Thereafter, the patient should take juicy fruits for seven days. He should take rest as much as he can.
- This disease should not be suppressed by taking medicines because several other diseases take the person in their grip if this disease is suppressed with the help of medicines.
- Steam should be inhaled through nose to get rid of this disease. Mix salt in lukewarm water and smell through the nose. Thus, a patient gets rid of this disease by doing so.
- The patient should take sunlight on the naked body for 15-20 minutes regularly. He should take Epsom salt bath twice a week for one month regularly. He should drink 25 ml sun charged water of green colored bottle by mixing equal quantity sun charged water of orange colored bottle. This water should be drunk six times in a day regularly. Chronic stage of cold and catarrh disappears by doing so.
- Make a wick of cotton and immerse in green colored bottle. Keep this wick into the nose. The patient gets rid of this disease by this formula.
- Nose should be kept in green colored light for 10 minutes regularly. The patient of ozaena gets rid of this disease.
- Sometimes, the patient suffers from irritation of throat in this disease. He should gargle twice or thrice a day by mixing lemon juice and a little salt in lukewarm water. Neck should be fomented with hot applications and after that keep wet bandage on the neck for one and two hour according to need.
- If the nose has become choked because of cold and catarrh and the victim feels difficulty in breathing and inflammation in the nose, he should keep cold wet cloth on the head for the treatment of this disease. He should take steam on his face for 20 minutes and steam should be inhaled with breaths. After that, tie wet bandage of cloth on the chest and shoulders. Thus, a person gets rid of this disease by doing treatment as mentioned above.
- A person gets relief in the inflammation of the nose and watery nose by keeping his feet in hot water or by taking cold sitz bath (Mehen-Snan).
- Sometimes, the patient feels pain in the chest because of the accumulation of phlegm in the chest. For the treatment of this disease, chest of the patient should be fomented with wet towel drenched in hot water for two days regularly and after that, wet bandage should be kept on the chest. Or mix a little camphor in the bitter oil at night and heat this preparation. Massage chest with this oil and a thick cloth should be tied on the chest. The pain of the chest caused by cold and catarrh disappears by this treatment.
- The patient should take steam on his face for at least four times in a day. The patient gets lots of relief by doing so.
- The patient should foment his body with hot cloth twice a day. Thus, the disease disappears soon by doing so.
- The patient should foment his face and chest. Neck should be fomented too by him. The patient should keep his feet in hot water for sometime until perspiration starts. The patient gets rid of the disease named cold and catarrh.
- The patient should foment his throat with lukewarm water during day and wet bandage should be kept on the throat at night to stop cough. Thereafter, a bandage of dry cloth should be kept on the wet bandage. Thus, the patient gets rid of the disease named cold and catarrh by this treatment.
- There are different kinds of Asanas and Yogik-Kirya for the treatment of cold and catarrh. The patient gets rid of this disease by doing such Asanas and Yogik-Kirya. Such Asanas and Yogik-Kirya are as Dhanura-Asana, Yogmudra, Matasya-Asana, Pawanamukata-Asana, Singhamudra-Asana, Parvata-Asana, Bhujanga-Asana and Supata-Vajra-Asana, etc.