Generally, leucoderma (white spot) is not a disease in itself but the deficiency of a liquid named melanin becomes the cause of white skin. It is not a contagious disease. The patient does not suffer from any physical problem, inflammation or itching but there are white marks on the face in this disease. The patient becomes the victim of mental tension and inferiority because of this disease.
Leucoderma is not an incurable disease. Hence, the patient should not sink into inferiority or despair. This disease can be treated easily within some time. Thus, the aggravation of this disease is checked. A patient can take from some months to some years to get rid of leucoderma.
Symptoms of leucoderma:
A yellow small spot appears on any portion of the body which whitens after some time in this disease. Spot of leucoderma can be changed into big plaques.
Causes of leucoderma:
- Polluted liquid accumulates in the body because of the use of polluted meal. In this condition, a person becomes the victim of leucoderma.
- Intestinal worms may be the cause of leucoderma.
- There are different causes of leucoderma as dysentary, constipation, skin diseases, typhoid, tuberculosis, eczema, asthma, diabetes, boils, injury, burns, liver diseases etc.
- Suppression of urine and stool may be the cause of leucoderma.
- Hormones disorders and mental shock may be the cause of leucoderma.
- Excessive salt and spices may be the cause of leucoderma.
- Using ropy bindi and bleaching on large scale may be the cause of leucoderma.
- Powerful antibiotic and heavy medicines may be the cause of this disease.
- Use of intoxicating medicine may be the cause of leucoderma.
Treatment of leucoderma according to naturopathy:
- First, the patient should drink the juice of fruits and vegetables for some days regularly for the treatment of this disease. Then, he should take uncooked meal. Use of green vegetables and sprouted grains proves very beneficial in this disease.
- The patient should keep fast once after two weeks.
- Use of sweet beet, sprouted and immersed black grams, fig, dates, leaves of basil, triphala, a little turmeric and neem leaves makes the patient well.
- Fill water in the pot of copper at night and drink this water in this morning. The patient gets lots of relief by drinking this water.
- The patient should not take tea, coffee, sugar, salt, spices, packaged meal, intoxicating things, meat and eggs at any rate.
- Cleanse to the stomach to make the digestion system normal for the treatment of this disease. The patient should adopt enema to cleanse the stomach. Then, apply mud pack on the stomach. Thereafter, he should take hip-bath (Kati-Snan) and kunjal kirya.
- Take one spoon powder of malaya tea (bavchi) with water in the morning and evening. The patient gets lots of relief by taking this medicine.
- Massage the body with the oil of sky blue colored bottle that has been kept in sunlight in this disease. He should drink water of yellow colored bottle that has been kept in sunlight.
- Rub juice of basil leaves on the white spots of the body. White spots disappear within some days by rubbing this juice.
- A person should fill his urine in a bottle and keep for one week. Thereafter, sit in the sun and massage the body with this urine. A person gets rid of leucoderma by rubbing this urine on the affected area.
A patient gets rid of leucoderma within some days by doing the treatment according to naturopathy.