In this disease, gas is produced in stomach by which stomach starts to bloat. It is called flatulence too. The patient suffers from retching too.
Cause of flatulence:
- When a person eats fatty food, bile does not get produced in the liver in sufficient quantity. Due to this reason, meal taken by a person does not split into pieces and pieces of meal become like capsules. These capsules stick in the walls of intestines and create putrefaction and foul smell there. This foul gas gathers in the intestines and produce restlessness because of which the patient becomes the victim of this disease.
- Indigestion of meal is the major cause of this disease.
- Use of different kinds of unessential meals becomes the cause of flatulence.
- Inhaling air while eating food may be the cause of this disease.
- Weak digestion system may be the cause of flatulence.
Symptoms of flatulence:
- The patient suffers from restlessness in this disease and he becomes the victim of flatulence.
- The patient suffers from stomachache due to flatulence.
- The patient suffers from belching and gas starts to come out from the mouth in this disease.
- The patient feels difficulty while taking breaths.
Treatment of stomachache caused by flatulence according to naturopathy:
- First, the patient should keep fast for 2-3 days for the natural treatment of this disease. He should cleanse his stomach with the help of enema.
- The patient should drink water in excessive quantity. After that, he should keep cold application on the stomach. Thereafter, he should apply mud pack on the abdomen.
- The patient should apply a wet bandage on his waist at night and he should take hip-bath (Kati-Snan) before 15-20 of sleeping. The patient should drink one glass lemon (kagji) juice mixed water before sleeping at night.
- The patient should drink 25 ml water of dark blue colored bottle that has been kept in sunlight. Water should be drunk six times in a day. Its use provides lots of relief.
- The patient should not eat some kinds of foodstuffs if he wants to get rid of this disease. Such foodstuffs are as raw cucumber (kheera), cabbage, pea, tomato, groundnut, currants, mango, potato, milk, rice, etc.
- The patient should not eat such foodstuff which produces gas in the stomach.
- The patient should drink one glass juice of orange in the morning.
- He should drink one glass juice of apple in the morning followed by one glass lukewarm water. The disease is cured soon by doing so.
- The patient should apply mustard oil around the naval. This application proves very beneficial.
- The use of aniseed with the juice of lemon after meal proves very beneficial for the treatment of this disease.
- Mix a little salt in the powder of one spoon caraway and take twice a day. The disease is cured within some days by this treatment.
- The patient should not take spicy and such foodstuffs which produce gas in the stomach.