Water starts to flow from the nose of the patient of cold and catarrh. Sometimes, the patient suffers from sneezing again and again. The patient feels cold. He feels heaviness in his head due to this disease and he feels difficulty while breathing. Sometimes, he suffers from fever too. He does not want to do any work. He becomes angry on tiny things. Remember one thing that polluted substance gathered in the body comes out from the body in the form cold and catarrh.
Causes of cold and catarrh:
- Wrong eating habits may be the cause of cold and catarrh.
- Constipation may be the cause of cold and catarrh.
- A person becomes the patient of this disease if he does excessive mental work.
- Over eating may be the cause of cold and catarrh.
- Excessive use of ghee, oil, sugar made products and spiced or fried thing may be the cause of cold and catarrh.
- A person becomes the patient of cold and catarrh if he lives in dusty and smoky area.
- Night vigil, sensation of cold and no exercise may be the causes of this disease.
Treatment of cold and catarrh according to naturopathy:
- The patient of cold and catarrh should keep fast once in a week and he should drink only lukewarm water during fast.
- Squeeze one lemon in one glass of water and drink by mixing one spoon honey. Cold and catarrh is cured within some time by this treatment.
- Mix juice of basil leaves, lemon juice and honey in water. The patient gets rid of this disease if he drinks this water for 2-3 days regularly.
- Mix lemon juice in water and drink. Thereafter, eat 10-15 immersed raisins and 2-3 figs. The patient gets rid of cold and catarrh by eating these things.
- The patient of this disease should take such foodstuffs rich in vitamin ‘C’ on large scale. The disease is cured soon by its use.
- The patient of this disease should apply mud pack on his stomach and thereafter, he should cleanse his stomach by adopting enema. Thereafter, adopt Jalneti and Kunjal Kirya. Thereafter, he should wash his feet with hot water and then whole body should be fomented in sunlight. The patient gets rid of cold and catarrh by adopting this formula.
- The patient of this disease should gargle with salt mixed water and thereafter he should drink water of green colored bottle. The disease disappears within some days.
- If the disease has become chronic, the patient should drink water of yellow colored bottle which has been kept in sunlight 3-4 times in day.
- There are different kinds of Asanas too for the treatment of cold and catarrh. Such Asanas are as Gomukha-Asana, Sarvanga-Asana, Paschimothan-Asana, Surya-Bhedan Pranayam and exhaling and inhaling breath.