Trachea is suppressed, chest is contracted, pressure starts to increase in the air tract and fibres of larynx are contracted when a person suffers from cough for a long time. Pressure becomes high suddenly as these fibres open because of which polluted substance starts to come out. The patient starts to cough with the sound kha-kha by which he suffers from pain in the chest. He suffers from excessive cough in the night, in morning or while taking rest. He expectorates yellow colored phlegm as he coughs in the morning. He suffers from inflammation and itching in the throat as he coughs.
There are different kinds of cough.
Cough with the discharge of expectoration is called moist cough and the cough in which expectoration does not come is called dry cough or whooping cough. The patient feels pain in the chest if the patient coughs for long time. If a patient suffers from this problem more than one week, it should be considered that it is the starting of the disease named cough.
Whooping cough is another form of cough and mostly children become the victim of this disease. The patient coughs in whooping cough but no polluted substance comes out while coughing. In this disease, saliva keeps on flowing from the nose and mouth of the patient. The patient suffers from cough for many days and it becomes the cause of great difficulty.
There are two another kinds of cough too which have been given below.
1. New cough
2. Chronic cough
When new cough does not disappear in spite of treatment, the inner membrane of the breathing pipes swells as the bad effect of cough. Cough becomes chronic and does not disappear soon.
Cause of cough:
- There are several causes of cough and such causes are as cold and catarrh, flu, asthma, whooping cough, bronchitis, etc.
- Wrong eating habits, polluted meal and lack of fruits and vegetables in the meal can be the cause of this disease.
- Excessive use of medicines can be the cause of cough.
- Excessive weakness of the body can be the cause of cough.
- Disturbed digestion system can be the cause of cough because meal does not digest properly due to this reason and polluted substances starts to gather in the body.
- Sweet things can be the cause cough.
- A person can become the patient cough if he lives in dusty, smoky and polluted atmosphere.
- Excessive smoking and drinking can be the cause of cough.
Natural treatment of cough:
- The patient of this disease should keep fast for one day necessarily. After fast, he should eat uncooked meal for 2-3 days regularly.
- The patient should drink the juice of pumpkin and white ash gourd (Petha). The patient gets rid of cough by drinking this juice.
- Mix honey in the juice of basil leaves and ginger. Lick this juice 2-3 times in day to get rid of cough.
- A patient gets rid of cough if he sucks the peel of cough.
- Mix one spoon lemon juice in 4 spoons honey. A person gets rid of cough by licking this preparation.
- A patient of cough gets rid of cough by sucking the piece of turmeric in mouth.
- Lick one spoon juice of Indian gooseberry 4 times in a day. The patient gets relief very much with this medicine.
- Mix one fourth spoon honey in the powder of dry ginger and cardamom. Lick this powder 4 times in a day. The patient gets rid of cough by this medicine.
- Keep the peel of myrobalan chebulie in mouth and suck to get rid of dry cough.
- The patient of cough should not take oily and fatty things in his meal. Drinking soup of green vegetables proves very beneficial in the treatment of cough.
- Grind black pepper and mix honey in it. Dry cough is cured by licking this preparation.
- Mix garlic juice in honey and give to the patient of whooping cough. Its use provides relief.
- A patient gets rid of dry cough by drinking water of brinjal colored bottle that has been kept in sunlight.
- Mix juice of orange in lukewarm water and drink. Its use provides relief to the patient and he gets rid of cough.
- Keep 2-3 cloves in mouth and suck them for the treatment of cough. Its use provides lots of relief.
- Prepare decoction of basil and drink. The patient of cough gets lots of relief by drinking this cough.
- Gargling with lukewarm water in the morning and evening provides relief in cough.
- The patient of this disease should apply mud pack in the throat and chest. He gets rid of cough by doing so.
- There are different kinds of Asanas for the treatment of cough. If a patient does these Asanas, he gets rid of cough completely. Such Asanas are as- Sarvanga-Asana, Paschimothan-Asana, Suryabedhan-Pranayam, etc..
- The patient should adopt enema for the treatment of cough. He should do Jalneti too along with the adoption of Anima. The patient should take breath through left nostril.
- The patient should keep fast by drinking juice of fruits for three days to get rid of chronic cough. Thereafter, he should take fruits for ten days regularly. Cleanse the stomach by adopting enema until the constipation breaks.
- A wet bandage should be tied on the chest and shoulder of the patient of cough for at least one and half hour for the treatment of chronic cough. Thereafter, the patient should take colic bath (Udar-Snan) for at least ten minutes. When the patient is sleeping at night, apply hot applications on the chest of the patient and after once hour, the wet bandages should be tied on the chest and shoulders of the patient again. Lemon mixed water should be given to the patient on large scale to drink. He should do exercise in which deep breaths are taken.