The place of Mediterranean Sea is birthplace of Mint but at the present time, it is being cultivated in all over world. It has a variety of rock. It is grown in about all place of India. It has voilent fragrance. It is used to make good souce and dishes as Kari, Saag (leaf vegitable), Daal (pulse) and soup. If you have no green and fresh mint, its dry leaves can be used instead of green leaves. Juice is extracted from mint. Mint is cultivated by sowing its root. It can be cultivated in any season. It can be planted at home in the pot. It leaves has sweetish fragrance.
Name in different languages:
English : Talledmint, Spear Mint
Hindi : Podina
Sanskrit : Vyanjan, Vaantahari
Bengali : Pudina
Marathi : Podina
Latin : Mentha Spicata
Color: Mint is green.
Taste: It is pungent and fragrant.
Structure: It is a kind of grass which leaves are round and fragrant. It grows on the land.
Nature: It is hot and dry in nature.
Precautions: It is harmful for sperm. It causes bile disorder in the body, so hot temper person should not take mint in excessive quantity and regularly.
Removing bad effects: Gundana removes the bad effects of mint, and saves its qualities.
Dose: Mint can be taken 6 grams and its leaf juice 1-3 drops with 10 to 20 milliliters oil.
Mint is heavy and sweetish. It enhances appetite. It is a stool and urine purgative. It removes phlegm, cough, and destroys the worms. It is helpful to cure diarrhea and typhoid. It delights the temper. It removes flatulency, heart and kidney disorders, and prevents the hiccup. It causes excessive urine and sweat. It is helpful to easy delivering. Smelling it removes senselessness, foul smell of mouth and gas trouble. It helps to cure hiccup, fever, stomachache, vomiting, diarrhea, cold and cough. Mint juice is used as a soup. It glows the face, eliminates warmness of skin and protects the virus of diseases. It cools the mind. It is helpful for curing fever due to pregnancy.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Foul smell of mouth: Chew leaves of mint consequently; it removes the foul smell of mouth. Boil 15 to 20 green leaves of mint with one glass water and gargle with it. It also removes the foul smell of mouth.
2. Insect poison: Grind leaves of mint, and apply it on the affected parts along with take 2 teaspoons juice of mint leaves thrice a day. It provides relief.
3. Cosmetics: Grind the leaves of mint, and apply it on the face for over night. Wash the face with lukewarm water in the morning. Using this remedy regularly removes black spots, wrinkles, pimples, and glows form the face.
- Mix the juice of 1 lemon and 2 teaspoons honey with 4 teaspoons mint juice and take, it eliminates stomach gas.
- Mix 25 milliliters mint juice and 30 grams honey with one glass water. Taking this mixture in the morning is useful to eliminate stomach gas.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling 60 grams mint leaves, 10 grams ginger and 8 grams caraway (ajvine) with one glass of water and mix half cup milk and jaggery in it according to taste. Taking this decoction provides relief from the stomach pain that is caused by gastric. Mix quarter cup of mint juice and half lemon juice with half cup water together, and shake it well. Taking this mixture is also helpful.
- Prepare sauce by grinding green leaves of mint, chuhara, black pepper (kalimirch), rock salt, asafoetida (hing), dry black grapes (munakka) and cumin seeds (jeera) together. Take this sauce after sprinkling lemon. It increases appetite, and removes tasteless feeling and gas and helpful for digestion.
- Mix 10 grams honey and 5 milliliters lemon juice with 20 milliliters mint juice, and take it. It cures gas trouble.
- Mix two spoons juice of mint leaves and half lemon juice and take, it provides benefit in gastric problems.
5. Intestines worms: Taking mint juice destroys the intestines worms.
6. Scorpion bite: Grind mint leaves, and apply it on the affected parts and along with grind it with fresh water and take it consequently, it provides relief.
7. Stomach pain and Anorexia: Boil asafoetida (hing), cumin seeds (jeera), black pepper and a little salt with 3 milliliters mint juice to make a decoction. Taking this decoction cures the stomach pain and removes anorexia.
8. Skin disease: Mix turmeric with mint juice in equal quantity, and apply it on the affected parts. It cures itching and ringworm.
9. Common cold and Cough: Prepare a tea with mint leaves and black pepper (kalimirch) and take it. It helps to cures common cold, cough, fever and asthma.
10. Stomach worms: Take half cup mint juice twice a day (in the morning and evening) regularly for few days. It destroys the stomach worms.
11. Indigestion and Anorexia: Take 8-10 mint leaves with 4-6 dry grapes twice a day (in the morning and evening) regularly after meals. It removes anorexia and indigestion.
12. Cough: Mix quarter cup of mint juice with quarter cup of water and take it regularly thrice a day. It provides benefit in cough, common cold, phlegm, asthma and dyspepsia.
13. The warm of the Skin: Grind green leaves of mint, and apply it on the face. It eliminates the warm of the skin.
14. Common cold:
- Prepare tea with mint, five black peppers and salt according to taste. Taking this tea thrice a day regularly is helpful to cure common cold, fever and cough.
- Dripping mint juice in both the nostrils is useful to cure catarrh.
- Prepare tea with mint and salt according to taste and take it. It prevents cough and common cold.
- Dripping 1-2 drops mint juice in both the nostrils cures penus.
15. Congealing blood: If the blood has congealed and is made like stone, you have mint juice. It ends stone.
16. Bile disorder: Boil 10 grams mint with 200 ml water and take it. It removes bile disorder
17. Scorpion bite: Taking mint leaves or its juice provides relief.
- Applying mint juice on the head provides relief from headache.
- Grind the green leaves of mint and apply it on the forehead. It provides relief.
19. Children disease: Dripping mint juice or zigyphus oenoplia (makoya) juice in the ears is useful to get relief in the ear pain.
- Taking mint juice provides relief in cholera, cough, and diarrhea, and eliminates stomach warms and gas troubles.
- Mix onion juice and lemon juice with mint juice, and take it. It is excellent remedy for the patient of cholera.
- Taking onion juice is helpful for the patient of cholera.
- Prepare sauce by grinding 30 leaves of mint, 4 black peppers, 2 pinches rock salt, the toasted cardamom and tamarind (imali) together. Licking this sauce provides relief in cholera.
- Prepare sauce with 30 leaves of mint, 3 black peppers, 1 gram rock salt, the toasted small cardamom and 1 gram tamarind (tamarind) together. Licking this sauce is helpful to cure stomach pain, vomiting, loose motions, and quenches over thirst due to cholera.
- Mix onion juice and lemon juice with mint 10 ml juice. Give a little quantity of this mixture to the patient to drink time and again at proper intervals. It is helpful for him and stops vomiting.
21. Gas disorder: Prepare a decoction by boiling mint, basil (tulsi), black pepper and ginger together. After that, take this decoction, it removes gas disorder and increases appetite.
22. Intestine disease: Mint juice is excellent remedy to cure intestine disease. Taking fresh juice of mint with honey is helpful.
23. Malaria: Taking mint juice or its decoction cures malaria. It causes sweating, and cures all kinds of fever. Taking its decoction is also helpful to cure common cold and stomach trouble.
24. Typhoid: Mix juice of Ramtulsi (basil that has small and green leaves) and juice of Shyamtulsi (basil that has black leaves) with mint juice. Taking this mixture with sugar is helpful for the patient of typhoid.
25. Pneumonia: Take fresh juice of mint with honey at an intervale of every one-one hour. It removes the disorder of Tridosha (Vatta, Pitta and kapha) due to pneumonia, and cures the fever.
26. Wrinkle on the face: Prepare a paste by mixing mint juice in multani mitti and apply this paste on the face. It removes wrinkles and provides glowing face.
27. Stomach diseases:
- Mix 5 grams lemon juice and 8 grams honey with mint juice and take it. It cures the stomach diseases.
- Mix one teaspoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoon honey with 2 teaspoon mint juice and take it. It cures the stomach diseases.
- Heat 100 ml mint juice and put 9 grams honey and 6 grams salt in it and take, it stops vomiting and provides relief in the stomach diseases.
- Apply mint juice on the affected parts twice or thrice a day. It ends the ringworms.
- Apply mint juice on the ringworms. It ends them.
- Taking a decoction of mint and basil (tulsi) regularly prevents relapsing fever.
- Boil green leaves of mint and ginger with water. Take this decoction twice a day (in the morning and evening). It cures fever and common cold.
- Prepare syrup by mix the juice of mint leaves and sugar candy. Taking this syrup ends phlegm and provides relief.
30. Anorexia: Prepare sauce by grind green coriander, mint, black pepper (kalimirch), grapes or pomegranate together. Take this sauce with lemon juice. It increases appetite, and removes indigestion.
31. The warm of the body: Prepare paste by grind mint leaves water and apply this paste on the body. It eliminates the warm of the body.
32. Facial: Apply mint juice with cotton on the face. It removes extra oil from the face and provides glowing face.
33. Body weakness: Mint contains vitamin–E that strengthens the body and enhances veins vigour. It is excellent remedy to provide youth.
34. Stomach worms: Taking mint regularly destroys the stomach worms.
35. Common cold: Dripping one drop mint juice in both the nostril provides relief from cold.
36. Mouth freshener: Chewing mint leaves eliminates foul smell of the mouth.
37. Eyesight problem: Mint contains vitamin-A which is helpful for eyesight.
38. Tooth pain
- Brush the teeth with mint powder. It provides relief in tooth pain.
- Mint is digestible and it removes stomachache, gas and indigestion.
39. Asthma and Breath problem:
- Mix quarter cup of mint juice with quarter cup of water and take it regularly. It provides relief from asthma, cough, indigestion and common cold.
- Mix quarter cup of mint juice with quarter cup of water and take it thrice a day regularly. It is helpful to cure asthma and cough. Mint is excellent remedy in cough.
- Taking 5 milliliters mint juice with rock salt cures flatulence.
- Mix 5 grams sugar candy and 2 grams impure carbonate of potash (yavchhar) with 50 milliliters mint juice and take, it eliminates flatulence.
- Prepare syrup by mint leaves and take it. It is helpful for the patient of flatulence.
41. Belching: Grind mint leaves with tamarind (imali) and mix rock salt or honey in it and take, it removes belching and vomiting.
- Boil four mint leaves and two mangoes leaves with one cup water until it remains half cup. Taking this decoction with sugar candy provides relief in vomiting.
- Mix about ¼ gram rock salt and 6 milliliters mint juice and mix it in same quantity of fresh water and take it little by little. It stops vomiting.
- Take one teaspoon mint juice with fresh water. It provides relief in vomiting that is caused by suffocation and felling heaviness on the chest, and removes stomach disorder.
- Take two gram of an equal quantity of mint, small pipal and small cardamom together. It stops vomiting.
- Mix 10 drops mint juice and sugar with fresh water and take it. It stops vomiting.
- Take the syrup of mint leaves juice many times in day. It stops vomiting and feel vomiting.
- Mix mint juice with lemon juice in equal quantity. Take one teaspoon of this mixture three or four times in a day. It provides relief in vomiting.
- Taking mint juice with lemon juice prevents vomiting.
- Take half cup mint juice at an interval of every 2-2 hours. It prevents vomiting, loose motions and cholera.
43. Contraception: Dry mint in shadow, and grind them. Give about 10 grams of this powder with water to woman before about one hour of copulating consequently, she will not be pregnant. Note: Do not take this powder when you want to be pregnant.
44. Mouth blister: Mix mint, dry coriander and sugar candy in equal quantity together. Chewing this mixture cures mouth blisters.
45. Loose motions: Mix one spoon mint juice in one cup of water and take, it stops loose motions.
- Chew mint leaves, or take mint leaves with coconut by chewing. It prevents hiccup.
- Licking the leaves of mint or lemon or chewing mint leaves after mixing it in sugar stops hiccup.
- Chew dry leaves and green leaves of mint with sugar candy; it provides relief in hiccup.
- Mix 2 ml juice of green leaves of mint and 2 grams sugar and chewing it stops hiccup.
- Taking mint leaves with sugar candy ends hiccup.
- Taking mint juice is helpful in hiccup.
- If do not stops hiccup, lick mint leaves or lemon. Put sugar on the leaves of mint and chewing it at an interval of every two-two hours provides benefit in hiccup.
- Taking one tablets of mint with water after meal in the morning and evening provides benefit in hiccup.
- Mix one spoon mint juice, one spoon lemon juice and spoon sugar together. Taking this mixture prevents hiccup.
47. Foul smell of mouth: Grind mint leaves, and mix it with water. Gargle with this mint water three or four times in a day, it removes the offensive smell of mouth.
48. Feeling vomiting in pregnancy: Take 28 milliliters mint juice at intervals of every 6 hours. It prevents feeling vomiting that is caused by pregnancy.
49. Earworms: If the insect has entered in the ear, drip mint juice in the ear. It destroys insects and throws out it.
50. Irregular Menstruation: Take mint sauce regularly for few days. It ends Irregular Menstruation.
51. In case freeze wound’s blood
- Taking mint juice removes congealed blood.
- Grind dry mint and take it. It removes congealed blood.
52. Amenorrhea: Taking mint leaves again and again starts stopped menstrual excretion. Prepare syrup by grinding mint leaves and sugar in water. Take this syrup. It is also helpful.
53. Wounds: Grind mint leaves to make the paste and apply it on the affected part. It cures wounds.
54. Indigestion: Prepare sauce by grinding 20 green leaves of mint, 5 grams cumin seeds (jeera), asafoetida (hing), 10 pieces black pepper (kalimirch) and one pinch salt together. Boil this sauce with one glass water until it remains half glass of water. Take this preparation to get relief.
55. Acidity: Mix mint sauce and sugar with one cup water and take it. It provides relief in burning sensation of the stomach that is caused by acidity.
56. Phlegm: Mix quarter cup of mint juice with quarter cup of hot water and take it thrice a day regularly. It eliminates phlegm.
57. Occurring pain during delivery: Prepare a decoction by boiling wild mint, sugar and maiden-hair (Hansraj) together and take it. It provides relief from the pain that is caused by delivery.
58. Liver enlargement: Mix mint juice and lemon juice with water and take, it normalizes liver enlargement.
59. Bile fever: Taking mint juice is helpful in nervousness that is caused by bile fever.
- Grind 20 mint leaves, 3 grams white cumin seeds (jeera), 2 units’ clove and mix with water. Taking this mixture provides relief in nervousness that is caused by sunstroke.
- Mix 150 ml mint juice and 150 ml water and take, it protects from the bad effects of sunstroke.
- Grind 50 grams of an equal quantity of dry mint, cus-cus (khas) and big cardamom together to make the powder. Boil this mixture with one litre water. Taking 100 milliliters of this decoction protects from sunstroke.
61. Cold bile:
- Boil 7 grams mint and 20 grams jaggery in 100 ml water and take, it provides relief in cold bile.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling mint in water and mix a little jaggery in it. Taking this decoction removes cold bile.
- Taking 2 teaspoons of mint powder with one teaspoon sugar candy or sugar provides relief from stomachache.
- Mix dry mint with sugar in equal quantity and take 2 teaspoon of this mixture. It is helpful from stomachache.
- Mix 5 ml juice of mint and 5 ml juice of ginger and one gram rock salt together and take it. It provides relief.
- Mix 5 milliliters mint juice, 5 milliliters ginger juice with a little quantity of rock salt together. Taking this mixture provides relief from stomachache.
- Put 7 mint leaves and one piece of small cardamom on betel leaf and take.It is helpful to remove stomachache.
- Taking juice of mint leaves provides relief in stomachache.
- Grind half teaspoon aniseeds (sonph), half teaspoon caraway (ajvine), and salt and about ¼ gram asafoetida (hing) in 4 grams mint. Taking this mixture with lukewarm water removes stomachache.
- Grind 3 grams mint, cumin seeds (jeera), asafoetida (hing), salt and black pepper together. After that, mix this mixture in water and take. It removes stomachache.
- Make the powder by grinding mint, aniseeds (sonph), dry ginger and gulkanda together. After that, boil this powder in water to make decoction. Taking this decoction thrice a day provides relief from constipation and stomachache.
- Taking 2 teaspoon dry mint with black salt is helpful in stomachache.
- Grind dry leaves mint and sugar to make the powder and take two spoons of this powder with lukewarm water. It provides relief from stomachache.
- Smelling mint to the patient of unconscious removes unconscious.
- Crush mint leaves and smelling it removes unconscious.
64. Urine disease: Mix sugar in 2 teaspoons mint sauce and take it with meal. It provides benefit.
65. Rheumatism: Taking a decoction of mint provides relief in rheumatism consequently, urine comes properly.
66. Skin disease: Grind the green leaves of mint to make the paste and apply it on the face for 20 minutes. It eliminates the warm of the skin.
67. Low blood pressure: Prepare sauce by grinding 50 grams mint leaves. After that, mix rock salt according to taste, green leaves of coriander and black pepper in the sauce. Taking this sauce is helpful for the patient of low blood pressure.
- Taking mint is helpful for the patient of jaundice.
- Taking mint sauce with chapatti with meal daily provides relief in jaundice.
- Taking mint juice with honey for 15 days is useful to get relief in jaundice.
69. Cosmetics: Grind the leaves of mint with wine to make the paste. After that, apply this paste on the face. It removes wrinkles, black spots, pimples from face and provides glowing face.
70. Throat disease: Grind 5 grams of an equal quantity of mint, benzoin (lobaan), juice of caraway (ajvine), camphor (kapoor) and asafoetida (hing) with 25 grams honey together, and store it in a bottle. After that, apply lime (choona) and catechu (katha) on betel leaf and drip 4 drops of this mixture on this betel. Taking this betel provides relief in throat disease.