Prettiness and smell of marigold attracts to all people and garland of marigold flowers is mostly used in the normal life. Its plant is planted in the rainy season and it is cultivated in all over India. Its plant is 80-120 centimeters high. Its leaves are 2-5 centimeters long and kanguredar. If one crushes its leaves, it brings out fragrant smell. Its flowers are yellow and orange which appear in the October-November months. It is big and thick than other flowers. There are many kinds of marigold, but Makhmali, Jafare, Havsi, Surnai and Hajar are very famous.
Name in different languages:
English : Marigold
Hindi : Genda
Sanskrit : Jhandu, Sthool, Pushpa
Marathi : Jhendu
Gujarati : Galmote
Bengali : Gainda
Telugu : Bantichettu
Malayalam : Chendmalli
Parsian : Gulgjara
Color: Marigold flowers are red and yellow. Its leaves are green.
Taste: It is light pungent in taste.
Structure: It is a tree of flower, which grows in the rainy season. Its flower makes the heart happy.
Nature: Marigold is hot in nature.
Precaution: Taking over quantity of marigold flower may be harmful for the hot natured person. It reduces sexual power. Mix sulphur with juice of marigold flowers and put it in the sun light, it turns into poison.
Quality: Dripping juice of marigold flowers in the ears provides relief from ears pain. Juice of marigold leaves increases swelling of the breast. Gargling with juice of marigold leaves is useful to end toothache. Mix black peppers and salt with juice of marigold leaves. Giving this mixture to the patient is useful to get relief in piles. Taking 10 grams powder of doundi of marigold flowers with curd provides relief in asthma and cough.
According to Ayurveda: Marigold’ flower is bitter and pungent in taste. It ends infection and stops bleeding. It is useful to cure bloody diarrhoea, piles and hemorrhage. Tie it on the affected part, it provides relief in normal hurt and swelling.
According to Scientists: Marigold flowers are very useful to destroy harmful worms and germs. Its flowers also end mosquitoes of anafilige kinds which generate malaria. Marigold is useful medicine to cure malaria. Harmful worms and mosquito are not seen near by marigold plant.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Ears pain:
- Drip juice of marigold leaves in the ear; it provides relief from the ears pain.
- Drip 2-3 drops of light hot juice of marigold leaves in the ear; it ends ears pain.
2. Eyes pain: Grind marigold leaves and prepare tablet from it. After that, put this tablet on the eyelid, it provides relief from the eyes pain.
3. Sperm count and body strength: Take one spoon seeds of marigold and one spoon of sugar candy with one cup of milk twice a day; it increases sperm count and the body strength.
4. Prolapsus ani: Gargling with decoction of marigold leaves 2-3 times in a day is useful to end above symptom.
5. Breast swelling:
- If the swelling occurs in the woman breast suddenly, juice of marigold leaves should be rubbed on the breast, because it reduces breast swelling.
- Make a paste by grinding leaves of marigold thereafter apply this paste on the breast, and foment the breast after wearing bra. Using this process is useful to end breast swelling.
6. Ringworm: Juice of marigold flowers should be applied on the affected part 2-3 times in a day regularly because it cures ringworm.
7. Hurt, sprain and swelling:
- Rubbing juice of marigold panchang (stem, root, leaves, fruit and flower) on the affected part is useful to get relief in sprain, hurt and swelling.
- Make a paste by grinding flowers of marigold and apply it on the affected part, it reduces swelling.
8. Asthma and cough: Grind equal quantity of marigold seeds and sugar candy together. After that, take one spoon this mixture with one cup of water 2-3 times in a day regularly, it provides relief in asthma and cough.
9. Ulcer, pimple and wound:
- Apply ground leaves of marigold on the affected part 2-3 times in a day regularly, it provides relief in ulcer, pimples and wound.
- Applying ground flowers of marigold on the affected part provides relief in wound.
10. Blood piles:
- Cook 10 grams petals of marigold flower with ghee and take it thrice a day regularly, it provides relief in blood piles.
- Grind 10 grams marigold leaves with 2 grams black peppers and take it, it provides relief in piles.
- Fry 5-10 grams petals of marigold flowers with ghee and take it thrice a day regularly, it stops bleeding of piles.
- Taking juice of marigold leaves is useful to end bleeding of piles.
- Soak 250 grams marigold leaves and banana root in 2 kg water at overnight. In the next morning, drink 15-20 grams juice of this mixture, it will provide relief in blood piles.
- Drink 5-10 ml juice of marigold flowers 2-3 times in a day, it provides relief in blood piles.
- Take 10 ml juice of petals of marigold flowers with 30 gram ghee of cow milk twice a day regularly, it cures blood piles.
- Taking juice of leaves or flowers of marigold is useful to reduce swelling of piles.
11. Urinary problems: Make juice by grinding 10 grams leaves of marigold and mix sugar candy in it. After that, take this mixture thrice a day consequently, urine discharge properly.
12. Cracked hand and feet: Mix juice of marigold leaves with Vaseline and apply it on the affected part twice or thrice a day, it provides relief in cracked hand and foot.
13. Toothache: Gargle with decoction of marigold leaves, it provides relief from tooth pain.
14. Metrorrhoea: Taking 5-10 ml juice of marigold flowers is useful. Fry 20 grams powder of marigold flowers with 10 grams ghee and take, it provides relief in metrorrhoea.
15. Stone: Take 20-30 ml decoction of marigold leaves twice a day for some day regularly, it brings stone out after melting.
16. Sexual power: Take 10 grams ground seeds of marigold, it ends sexual power.
17. Sperm with urine: Drinking juice of marigold is useful to cure sperm with urine.
18. Impotency: Grind 4 grams seeds of marigold with 4 grams sugar candy and take it for some days regularly, it increases sexual power.
19. Fever: Taking 1-2 ml juice of marigold flowers is useful to get relief in fever.
20. Ears pain:
- Drip light hot juice of marigold leaves in the ears; it provides relief from ears pain and cures otorrhoea.
- Dripping warm juice of hajara marigold in the ears provides relief from ears pain.
- Drip juice of marigold leaves in the ears; it provides relief in ears pain.
21. Vagina contraction: Make ash by burning marigold flowers and filter with the helps of cloth. Put this ash in the vagina and rub it, it makes normal size of the vagina. Ash of marigold flowers should be filtered before using otherwise the vagina can be scratched.
22. Head ulcer: Mix marigold leaves with fine-flour and apply it on the affected part, it cures ulcer of back, head and tumour. It also cures poisonous ulcer.