MADDAR ROOT (MAJEETH*)
Name in different languages:
Hindi : Majeeth
Sanskrit : Manjishtha
Marathi : Manjishtha
Gujarati : Majeeth
Bengali : Manjeestha
English : Maddar root
Latin : Rubia Cordifolia
Color: Maddar’s flowers are white and fruits are black.
Taste: Maddar root’s juice is sweet, pungent and bitter.
Structure: Its creeper’s leaves are like bush shape. Its root spreads far away inside earth. Its branches are many feet long, soft, rough and hard towards root. Its branch is red inside like root. Often its creeper climbs on others trees. Its creepers speared around and have some small and some big leaves. Its flowers are small and with clusters. Its fruits are like gram’s shape. Its root is long. maddar root, it is found that its root has resin, sugar, gum, elements of lime and coloring elements. Especially, these coloring elements have Garensin, Parpurin, Manjishthin, Alajarin and Zenthin.
Nature: It is hot in nature.
Dosage: Take 1 to 3 grams powder of its root and 20 to 50 milliliter decoction of its root to cure the diseases.
It is heavy in qualities and bitter in taste. It ends poison, phlegm and swelling. It cures jaundice, spermatorrhoea, blood deficiency, eyes and ear diseases, leprosy, blood diarrhoea, retention of urine, gas and menstrual disorders and white leprosy. It is very useful in removing face acnes, curing skin diseases, stone and burnt part.
Useful in Different Diseases:
1. Face Acnes and Marks: Drink four spoons decoction of maddar’s root regular twice a day. Grind its root with honey and apply on the face, it improves face color and cures the diseases.
2. Burnt Wounds: Grind maddar’s root and sandal with ghee and apply it on the affected parts 2-3 times, it recovers wound and provides relief in burning sensation early.
3. Rat poison: Grind maddar’s root and sandal with ghee. Applying it on the affected parts 2-3 times in a day decreases poison effects.
- Take two grams powder of maddar’s root with four spoons of water thrice a day regular for some week, it breaks stone.
- Grind maddar, seeds of tiversi, white cumin seed, aniseed, Indian gooseberry, plum’s seed, pure sulphur and mensil each 10 grams together and prepare the fine powder. After that, take two pinches of this powder with honey regular twice a day, it provides relief in stone.
5. Teeth Diseases: Grind maddar’s root to make tooth-powder. Brushing with it regular twice a day is useful to cure teeth diseases.
6. Swelling: Grind maddar’s root and liquorices with water in equal quantity and make the paste. After that, apply it on the affected parts, it ends all type swelling and also provides relief in pain.
7. Broken Bone: Grind maddar’s root, aluva’s bark and tamarind leaves in equal quantity. Heat it and tie on the broken bone, it provides relief.
8. Skin Diseases: Grind maddar’s root with honey and make the paste like sandal wood paste. Applying it regular 2-3 times in a day is beneficial to get relief in all the diseases of skin.
9. Psoriasis: Take 2-2 spoons decoction of maddar twice a day regular for some weeks, it provides totally relief in psoriasis.
10. Menstrual excretion disorders: Take half spoon powder of maddar’s root twice a day regular for some days; it makes menstrual excretion normal.
11. Pregnant Diarrhoea: Grind maddar, liquorices and lordh in equal quantity and the make powder. After that, take two spoons of this powder thrice a day, it provides relief in diarrhoea and bloody diarrhoea of pregnant.
- Mix 10 grams of an equal quantity of maddar, liquorices, costus root, Triphala, sugar, country mallow, Polygonatum Cirrifolium Royle (Meda), Polygonatum Verticilltaum Allioni (Mahameda), euphorbia thymifolia (Dudhi), kakoli, winter cherry’s root, celery seeds, turmeric, Indian berberry and red sandal together then boil with water. After that, again mix this preparation with two kilograms cow’s ghee (The cow which calf does not die), eight kilograms milk and eight kilograms asparagus’s juice, now heat it. Give 20-40 grams this prepared medicine with cow’s milk to the women, it removes effects of progeny and helps to conception.
- Mix 10 grams of an equal quantity of maddar, liquorices, costus root, myrobalan chebulic (Harar), beleric myrobalan (Bahera), Indian gooseberry (Aanvla), sugar, country mallow, Asparagus (Shatawari), winter cherry, root of winter cherry, turmeric, Indian berberry (Daru Haldi), Callicarpa Macrophylla’s (Priyangu) flowers, helle bore, lotus, Kumudani, grapes, Kakoli, Ksheer kakoli and both type of sandals together to make the mixture. Mix 640 grams cow’s ghee and 2.5 kilograms milk in this mixture and heat until it remains only ghee then put down and filter it. Taking 20 to 40 grams quantity of this prepared medicine regularly removes effects of progeny and helps to conception.
- Take 1-3 grams powder of maddar thrice a day regularly for some day; it checks chronic loose-motions.
- Grind maddar, piper, galls and nut-grass together and make the powder. After that, take 1-2 grams of this powder with honey twice a day regularly, it checks diarrhoea.
14. Weak Bone:
- Take 1 to 3 grams powder of maddar with honey twice a day, it makes the bone strong.
- Grind maddar and liquorices with rice’s water and apply it on the affected parts, it eliminates swelling and pain of broken bone.
- Grind maddar and elloopatree (Mahuaa) with bitter. Applying this preparation joints the broken bone.
- Grind maddar, Arjuna, liquorices and Pauonia Odorata (Sugandhbala) together and make the paste then apply on the affected part. Take also above medicine’s decoction, it joints broken bone. Applying only ground maddar with liquorices eliminates pain and swelling.
- Grind 10 grams of an equal quantity of maddar and elloopatree (Mahuaa) with water and prepare the paste. Applying it joints broken bone.
15. Edison: Take 20 to 40 ml decoction of maddar regularly twice a day; it removes marks, flecks and acnes.
16. Stomach wounds: Take 1 to 3 grams powder of maddar as a dose thrice a day regularly, it provides relief in stomach wounds.
17. Gall Stone: Take regular 1-3 grams maddar’s filtered powder; it breaks all type stones. If anyone does not get relief, he may have to need operation.
18. Erysipelas: Grind maddar, mild himalaya cherry, cuscus root, laccifer lacca (Lakh), sandal, liquorices and neelkamal with milk to make the paste. Apply it on the affected parts, it cures erysipelas.
19. Nail Diseases: Take 20 to 40 ml decoction of maddar 2-3 times in a day; it ends nail’s itching.
20. Ringworm: Grind maddar and honey and apply, it cures the diseases.