Liquorices is fibrous, fragrant and very useful. Mostly, it is known the name of mithi lakadi. In India, it is known the name of mulahathi or mulethi. It is a single thing which can be taken in any season. Shop-keepers (panavadi) use it with betel-leaf. It is also used to make diabetes medicine. It is found very less quantity in India so, mostly it imports from foreign. Shop-keepers (pansari) sell its root and liquid in markets.
Name in Different Languages:
English : Liquorices
Hindi : Mulhathi
Sanskrit : Yashtimadhu
Bengali : Yashtimadhu
Gujarati : Jethomadu
Punjabi : Mulhathi
Arabic : Aslussoos
Telugu : Yashtimadhukam
Marathi : Jeshtimadhu
Parsian : Bikhemahak
Taste: It is sweet.
Structure: Liquorices is cool nature and has 50 percent quantity of water. It has mainly ‘Gilsrizin’ because of which it is sweet. There are found 5 to 20 percent of it in different type kinds. Liquorice has also 10 to 14 percent Glaicoside. Besides, it has sucrose, dextrose, starch, protein, fat resin, cosides, liquvristrasides, Iasoliquiristroside, kumerine, phreleconon, liquivritine, Iasoliquiritine, Amwaliphirone and other elements which cure wound early. It also has glucose, stride, estrogens, calcium, potassium and other elements.
Precautions: Hot nature foods should be not taken during taking it.
Liquorices cures cough, coryza, vomiting and bile disorder. It decreases acidity and cures wound. It ends pain and stomach burning sensation caused by eating acid things. It affects on peptic ulcer and blood vomit. It is used for change taste of bitter medicines. Liquorice is useful for the eyes, hairs and swelling. It increases sperm count and makes clean voice. It ends poison, blood disorder, thirst and tuberculosis.
Useful for Different Diseases:
- Liquorice ends acid and protects from ulcer. It is successful medicine for stomach wound. It has no harm. Avoid taking it for long time.
- Grind liquorice with ghee and apply on the wounds, it provides benefit.
- In case of knife wound, it generates fast pain. In the condition of it, for the treatment, mix liquorice powder with ghee and heat it lightly then apply, it ends pain.
2. Phlegm Disorders and Cough:
- If one has been suffering from cough, he feels hardness to out phlegm that is sweet and dry. The patient keeps on coughing until phlegm does not come out from the throat. To end these problems, boil two cups of water with five grams powder of liquorice until it remains half. Take half quantity of this water in the morning and before sleeping at night. Take it regularly for 3-4 days; it makes phlegm light and loose and helps to out phlegm easily, and provides relief in cough and asthma. Sucking liquorice provides relief in cough of tuberculosis (T.B).
- Mix two grams powder of liquorice, two grams powder of Indian gooseberry and two grams honey together and take twice a day, it provides relief in cough.
- Sucking liquorice regularly is useful to end impotence.
- Mix 10 grams fine powder of liquorice, ghee and honey together and take it and after that drink lukewarm milk mixed with sugar-candy, it decreases the impotence.
- Grind liquorice, Pueraria Tuberose (Vidarikand), Taj, clove, Indian caltrops, tinospora and musle each ten grams and prepare the fine powder and take half spoon of this powder regularly for forty days, it ends impotence.
4. Burning Sensation: Grind liquorice and red sandal with water and apply on the body, it provides relief in burning sensation.
- Sucking liquorice is useful to get relief in belching and burning sensation. Suck 3-3 small pieces of liquorices for 15 minutes before the meals and after then take food.
- Taking 1 to 4 grams powder of liquorice twice a day is beneficial to ends stomach acidity and stomach pain.
6. Constipation, Amoebic:
- Boil 125 grams ground liquorice, three spoons ground dry ginger and two spoons ground flowers of rose with one glass of water. Now filter and cool it and drink regularly at bed time. It helps to out choked amoebic from stomach.
- Take 5 grams liquorice with lukewarm milk before going to the bed at night, it cleans the stomach in the morning and eliminates constipation.
- Licking powder of liquorice with honey is useful to check hiccups.
- Smelling its root powder checks hiccups.
- Sucking liquorice checks hiccups.
- Take liquorice powder with honey, it checks hiccup.
- Mix 3 grams liquorice with honey and lick, it checks hiccup.
- Smelling any one in which liquorice, honey, sugar candy, pipal or dry ginger is useful to prevent hiccup.
8. Vomiting: If anyone has been suffering from restless and nervousness caused by increased acidity and bile, he does not feel vomiting also. The patient feels headache too. For this, boil 10 grams powder of liquorice with 2 cups water until it remains half, now cold it. Mix 3 grams ground powder of black mustard (Rai) in this decoction. Drinking it helps to vomiting and outs chocked bile and phlegm. It makes stomach light and provides relief to patient. Using this method provides much relief in poison, dyspepsia, acidity, cough and checked phlegm in chest.
9. Menstrual excretion disorders: Mix some honey with one spoon powder of liquorice and prepare sauce. Mix sugar-candy in milk and cool it. Lap this prepared sauce and after that drink milk makes menstrual excretion normal. One should take this medicine twice a day regularly for forty days. If one has been suffering from blood leucorrhoea caused by bile, mix 20 grams powder of liquorice with 80 grams ground sugar-candy. Prepare its ten doses and give one dose to him with rice water regularly in the evening. It provides relief in the condition of menstrual excretion disorders.
Note: Do not take fried food, hot nature spice, red chilly, flour substances, egg and meat during taking liquorice.
10. Lack of milk in the breast: Boil 2 spoons of liquorice powder and 3 spoons of wild asparagus powder in one cup of milk until it remains half then put down on low flame. Take half quantity of prepared medicine with one cup of milk in the morning and evening; it ends this problem because of which milk is increased in the breast within some days.
11. Decreased or lactation secretion of milk: The liquorice is very useful to end this problems (decreased or lactation secretion of milk) so take cumin seed and powder of liquorice in 1-1 spoons with lukewarm milk twice a day.
12. Urine Diseases:
- Liquorice is useful to end urine burning sensation, retention of urine, diabetes mellitus, wound or itching and cure urine diseases. Take it four times a day regularly. The children can use it easily.
- Taking one spoon liquorice powder with one cup of milk is useful to cure the urine diseases.
13. Heart Power: Mostly, the veins and arteries are weak caused of wrong method of eating, wrong habits and doing excess work. These conditions are also harmful for heart and cause sleeplessness, high or low blood pressure and other diseases. The liquorice is very useful for such diseases.
14. Lungs Diseases: Liquorices provides relief in lungs swelling, throat irritation, swelling and dried phlegm in cough. It provides lungs power and is useful for lungs diseases. Taking it with betel-leaf provides relief. Its decoction is useful to cure tuberculosis.
15. Poison: One should vomits after eating poison. Touching tongue by fingers resulting you feel fast vomiting. If vomiting is not starting, grind two spoons liquorice and two spoons sugar-candy with one glass of water. Boil it with water until it remains half and filter it and take, it brings vomit and helps to out poison.
16. Myopia (Nikat Drashti Dosha): Liquorice is useful to increase nearly eyesight. Mix one spoon powder of liquorice, one spoon honey and half spoon ghee together and take it with one glass of lukewarm milk twice a day. It is useful to cure myopia.
17. Muscles Pain: Liquorice ends weakness of nerves system and muscles pain and twisting. Taking liquorice with equal quantity of asparagus and winter cherry is beneficial to get relief in pain. One should take decoction of Indian nard and liquorice one time a day regularly; it provides relief in neurasthenia (weakness of ligaments).
18. Alopecia (Bald headed, dandruff): Mix powder of liquorice, milk and a little saffron and prepare the paste. Apply it on head regularly comes new hair. Applying liquorice is useful to end dandruff and hair felling.
19. Sex Power: Taking liquorice powder with honey is useful to increase sperm count and sex power.
20. Dry Cough: Take one spoon of liquorice with honey thrice a day; it creates phlegm in dry cough. Drinking its 20-25 ml decoction twice a day helps to clean breath pipe.
21. Sperm Weakness: Taking three grams powder of liquorice root with three grams ghee and two grams honey thrice a day is beneficial to end weakness of sperm.
- Mix powder of liquorice root and sugar in equal quantity and take 3 to 6 grams this mixture with rice’s water twice a day; it decreases bleeding.
- Separately, grind 60 grams liquorice and 20 grams sonageru and then mix both. Taking four grams this mixture with rice’s water is useful to stop bleeding.
23. Eyes burning sensation: Washing eyes with liquorice decoction is beneficial to cure the eye diseases. Mix powder of liquorice root with equal quantity of aniseed powder and take one spoon of this mixture twice a day; it ends eyes burning sensation and increases eyesight.
24. Eyes Redness: Grind liquorice with water and immerse a cotton piece in it and tie on eyes, it ends redness of the eyes.
- Mix 10 grams powder of liquorice with 40 grams glory lily (Kalihari) powder and some mustard oil together and smell; it provides relief in the disease.
- Grind liquorice and sugar candy with ghee together and smell; it ends headache caused by bile fever.
- Mix about one and half gram liquorice and about fourth gram singiya and smell to the patient, it ends headache.
26. To get fair-skin: Grind liquorice with water and apply on the body, it clean the skin color.
- Washing hairs with liquorice decoction is useful to make hair long.
- Grind liquorice with sesame and buffalo milk and apply on the head. It checks hair felling (alopecia).
- Mix one spoon powder of liquorice with ghee and suck thrice a day. It provides benefit in epilepsy.
- Mix six grams filtered powder of liquorice with ten grams juice of red-pumpkin (Sitaphal) and take regularly three days, it checks epilepsy fits.
- Mix about 1.5 l decoction of liquorice, 900 gram cow’s ghee and 16 l juice of pumpkin (Sitaphal) together. Taking a little quantity of it with ghee is beneficial to end pain caused of epilepsy.
- Taking 1 to 4 grams powder of liquorice with milk or ghee and milk twice a day is useful to cure epilepsy.
- Sucking liquorice is useful to quench thirst.
- Mix liquorice with honey and smell, it quenches excessive thirst.
30. Heart Diseases: Taking liquorice and powder of helle bore (Kutki) with water is beneficial to get relief in the heart diseases.
31. Blood Bile Vomiting:
- Grind equal quantity of liquorice, oval leaved rose way and emetic nut (Menphal) to make the powder. Mix one spoon powder of it in honey and take honey 3-4 times a day, it prevents blood vomiting.
- Taking 3-5 grams liquorice regularly twice a day is useful to cure disturbance in blood caused by bile and end blood disorders and blood weakness.
32. Blood Vomiting:
- Grind liquorice and sandal with milk properly and take 1-2 spoons of this mixture; it cures blood vomiting.
- Taking one spoon powder of liquorice root with honey twice a day is useful to check blood vomiting.
33. Stomach wind: Taking 2 to 5 grams powder of liquorice with water and sugar-candy is beneficial to eliminate stomach gas.
34. Jaundice: Take one spoon liquorice powder with honey. Or drink its decoction; it provides relief in jaundice.
35. Blood disorder caused by gas: Make pure oil from liquorice and gmelina arborea (Gmelina arberea). Rubbing with it is beneficial to get relief in this disease.
36. Weakness: Mix one spoon of liquorice powder with half spoon honey and one spoon ghee together and take with one cup of milk twice a day regular for 5-6 weeks, it enhances body strength.
37. Abscess: Applying paste of liquorice on abscess recovers them early.
38. Intestines Enlargement: Grind liquorice, pluchea lanceolata (Rasna), castor root and small caltrap (Gokhru) together then prepare the decoction and drink with castor oil; it provides relief in this disease.
- Immerse liquorice in water for two hours. Now immerse a cotton piece and keep on the eyelids, it ends eyes burning sensation and pain.
- Toast liquorice, hujuj and alum together and grind it and apply on the eyes, it provides much relief in eyes conjunctivitis or redness and eyelids swelling.
40. Asthma or Breathe:
- Grind 50 grams liquorice, 20 grams cassia angustifolia and 100 grams dry ginger then prepare the fine powder. Taking half spoon of this powder with honey thrice a day is useful to cure asthma easily.
- Boil 10 grams powder of liquorice, 5 grams black pepper and one knot of ginger with water and prepare the decoction and take, it provides relief in asthma.
- Boil five grams liquorice with one glass of water until it remains half and take in the morning and evening regularly 3-4 days, it cures asthma and cough. It makes light phlegm and outs easily.
- Mix 50 grams filtered liquorice and 20 grams sonamukhi together. Take one teaspoon of this mixture with water at bed time. It sets motion but don’t worry. If one feels more motions, give half quantity of this medicine to him. It cures easily new and chronic asthma.
- Boil 10 grams powder of liquorice with 25 ml water then filter it and mix ghee, sugar-candy and rock salt in this mixture and take, it helps to out chocked phlegm and provides relief in asthma and cough.
41. Malaria: Mix 10 grams peeled liquorice, 5 grams Khurasani caraway and a little rock salt together and take 3-4 times, it provides relief in malaria fever.
42. Eye Diseases: Mix liquorice, yellow ochre, rock salt, false calumba (Daruhaldi) and hujuj in equal quantity. Grind all with water on stone piece and prepare the paste. After that, apply this paste around eyes, it cures all the diseases of eye. It provides much relief in eyes pain and eyes itching.
43. Dentition: Feed fine powder of liquorice to children. It makes dentition easily and checks loose-motion.
- Put a small piece of liquorice in the mouth and sucking it cures cough. Mix liquorice powder with honey and lick, it also cures cough.
- Sucking a small piece of liquorice provides relief in cough. Mix liquorice powder with honey, lapping it cures cough.
- Sucking a piece of liquorice cures cough.
- Liquorice juice is black “Rabbesus” colour. Sucking it is useful to get much relief in cough.
- Grind liquorice, galls, bamboo manna (Vanshlochan), small pepper, clove and small cardamom each 25 grams and 10 grams black pepper and 8 grams Yawakshar together. Filter this powder and mix with one kilogram sugar-candy’s syrup. Taking it is beneficial to get relief in cough.
- Mix 40 to 80 grams liquorice with Persian manna plant (Zwasa) and prepare the decoction and take in starting of cough, it provides relief in phlegm.
- Lapping liquorice powder with honey is useful to cure dry cough and throws phlegm out.
- Boil 5 grams liquorice, 5 grams black pepper, 5 grams dry ginger and one small piece burl ginger in one cup of water to make the decoction. Take it in the morning and evening, it checks dry cough.
Cautions: To stop cough may be cause different diseases which are following: -
II. Heart diseases
V. Eye diseases.
44. Stomach Wounds: Grind liquorice root and prepare the fine powder. Take four grams powder with milk thrice a day. Or prepare the decoction from this powder and take 40 ml of it with honey regularly. It cures stomach wounds.
45. Prolapsus ani: Grind 60 grams sweet Indian gooseberry, 60 grams liquorices and 60 grams raw myrobalan chebulic (Harar) then filter and prepare the fine powder. Grind also 450 grams dry grapes (Munakka), 650 grams almond and 680 grams seeds of rose and prepare mixture. Mix this mixture with prepared powder and grind again. Taking 5 grams prepare mixture with lukewarm milk or water at sleeping time cures prolapsus ani.
46. Suppuration of anus:
- Mix ground liquorice with ghee and prepare the paste. After that, apply it on children anus 2-3 times a day, it provides relief early.
- Burn conchs shell (Shankh) and prepare ash. Mix this ash with five grams liquorice and five grams hujuj and grind with water. After that, apply it on the anus, it provides relief in burning sensation and itching.
47. Night Blindness: Mix three grams liquorice, eight ml juice of Indian gooseberry and three grams powder of winter cherry together and take regularly, it cures night blindness and increases eyesight.
48. Tongue Burning Sensation and Swelling: Sucking a piece of liquorice is useful to get relief in swelling and burning sensation.
49. Uterus: Cook liquorice panch, trin and powder of lotus root with milk and mix ghee also in it and take for only one week in every month, it ends the fear of abortion.
- Sucking a piece of liquorice is useful to check vomiting.
- Grind liquorice and red sandal with milk and take, cures vomiting.
51. Pregnant Fever: Boil liquorice, red sandal wood, root of cuscus, hemidesmus and leaves of lotus to prepare the decoction. Cool it and mix honey and sugar in it and take, it cures fever of pregnant women.
52. Mouth Blisters:
- Mix liquorice powder with immerged catechu and apply on the blisters and throw our mouth saliva consequently, it cures blisters.
- Sucking liquorice powder mixed with honey is beneficial to cure mouth blisters.
53. Mouth Diseases:
- Grind liquorice and prepare fine powder and apply in the mouth, it provides relief in blisters and other diseases of mouth.
- Prepare the fine powder by grinding lodhra, Brazil wood (Patang), liquorice and laccifer Lacca (Lakh) together and mix with honey and apply, it provides relief in mouth blisters and cracked lips.
- Grind liquorice syrup, peppermint, small cardamom, clove, mace and camphor with water. Prepare 120 mg quantity tablets with this mixture. Taking 1-1 tablets regularly twice a day is useful to cure throat irritation and helps to clean throat voice. It also cures tongue diseases.
54. Mouth Foul Smell: Chewing liquorice is beneficial to end offensive smell of mouth.
55. Menstrual excretion Disorders: One should take half spoon powder of liquorice with honey twice a day. It ends menstrual excretion Disorders. Take liquorice powder regularly about one month, it cures all diseases of menstrual excretion.
56. Chronic otitis media (Ear swelling): Sucking piece of liquorice provides relief in ear swelling. Mix liquorice decoction with linseed and take forty grams it regularly 3-4 times a day. It provides relief completely in ear swelling.
57. Food pipe burning sensation: Take 1 to 4 grams powder of liquorice with milk or pure ghee twice a day; it helps to end acidity and cures swelling of food pipe.
- Mix together liquorice, blue lotus (Neel kamal), shankh jeera and black salt each fourth gram. Taking this mixture mixed with 25 grams curd and honey is useful to cure leucorrhoea caused by gas.
- Taking one spoon powder of liquorice and one spoon ground sugar-candy with rice’s water is beneficial to cure leucorrhoea.
- Grind liquorice and prepare the fine powder. Taking one gram powder with water twice a day is useful to get relief in leucorrhoea.
- Grind fifty grams liquorice and filter it. Taking 2-2 grams powder with water twice a day is useful to get relief in leucorrhoea.
- Mix five grams powder of liquorice root with sugar-candy. Taking this mixture with lukewarm water is beneficial to cure leucorrhoea.
59. Sun-strokes: Dissolving four spoons powder of liquorice into water. Taking it is useful to get relief in sun strokes.
60. Shooting: Mix ground liquorice with ghee and take, it provides relief to wounded patient.
61. Coryza: Grind gul wild violet (Banfasa), liquorice and bishop’s seeds (Deshi Ajawayan) in equal quantity and prepare the fine powder. After that, taking about one and half grams this powder with water twice a day is useful to cure cold, catarrh and cough.
62. Cracked Nipples: Applying ground liquorice on the nipples thrice a day is useful to get relief in cracked nipples.
63. Injection Disorders: Mix ground liquorice with ghee and apply on the affected parts. It recovers the wound of injection.
64. Colic Pain: Grind liquorice, sandal and dried grapes together and prepare the fine powder. Taking this powder is beneficial to cure colic pain.
65. White Leucorrhoea: Taking one gram powder of liquorice with water twice a day is useful to cure white leucorrhoea.
66. Fielon, Whitlow: Mix well ground liquorice with ghee and apply this mixture on finger, it decreases finger’s pain.
67. Nipples Wound: Grind liquorice, neem, turmeric, Indian privet (Samhalu) and flowers of downy grislea (Dhay) then filter it and apply it on nipples, it cures wounds.
68. Stomach Pain:
- Taking half spoon powder of liquorice with one spoon powder of aniseed and water is useful to get relief in this disease.
- Taking one spoon of liquorice root powder with honey thrice a day is useful to get relief in stomachache. It is also useful in stomach twisting and intestine twisting.
69. Illusion: Sucking liquorice is useful to get relief in illusion.
70. Sterility: Grind liquorice, Italianmillet, khirenti, loaf sugar (khand), sprouted banyan seeds and cobra’s saffron together to make the fine powder and after that mix honey, milk and pure ghee in it and take, it helps to conception.
71. Heart Pulsation: Taking four grams powder of liquorice with ghee or honey twice a day is useful to get relief in all diseases of heart.
72. Syphilis: Grind liquorice, cuscus, madder root, ochre, hujuj, mild Himalaya cherry (Padhagh), sandal wood and lotus with cold water and prepare the paste. Applying it is useful to get relief in syphilis caused by bile.
73. Heart Weakness: Take five grams powder of liquorice with milk or ghee twice a day, it provides strength to the heart.
74. Heart Pain: Grind liquorice and helle bore in equal quantity and prepare the fine powder. Taking half pinch powder of it with lukewarm water is useful to decrease heart pain.
75. Small Pox: Grind together liquorice, beleric myrobalan (Bahera), Indian gooseberry, clematis triloba (Moorva), bark of false calumba (Daruhaldi), blue lotus, cuscus, lodhra and madder root in equal quantity and apply it on the eyes, it cures small pox.
- Mix equal quantity of liquorice, tinospora, seeds of pomegranate and currants (Kishmis) together. Grind this mixture with a little jaggery and give 2-3 times a day to the child. It decreases the effects of measles.
- Mix fine powder of liquorice and powder of Sitopaladi together. Lapping it with honey 2-3 times a day is useful to get relief in measles.
77. Children Fever: Grind together false calumba, liquorice, wild egg plant (Kateri), turmeric and oval leaved rose way each five grams and prepare the decoction. Give filtered decoction to child, it provides relief.
78. Cracked Lips: Grind together benzoin (Loban), resin of Sal tree (Ral), gum guggle, cedar and liquorice in equal quantity and filter it. Apply this powder on lips slowly, it recovers cracked lips.
79. Anaemia: Taking ½ gram powder of liquorice regularly is useful to increase blood in the body.
80. Children Diseases: Prepare the decoction of smilax officinalis (Sariva) sesame, lodh and liquorice. Gargle with this decoction, it stops saliva dropping.
81. Fire’s burnt: Grind liquorice and sandal wood with water and prepare the paste. After that, apply it on the affected part. It is useful to get relief.
82. Children Disease:
- Grind shell conch (Shankh) and hujuj together and apply, it cures inflamed ani.
- Mix khatmi, liquorice, unnava and loaf-sugar together and take, it provides relief in cough.
- Grind conch shell, white antimony and liquorice with water. Wash children anus properly with this mixture and apply paste. It cures the disease named as ‘Ahipootan’.
83. Skin Swelling: Grind liquorice and sesame with milk and prepare the paste and apply, it provides relief in swelling caused by taking marking nut.
84. Rickets: Grind six grams liquorice, three grams cardamom, three grams cinnamon, three grams basil leaves, three grams bamboo manna (Vanshlochan), about fourth gram saffron and six grams sugar-candy with juice of basil. Now, prepare ¼ gram tablets from this mixture and give with mother’s milk 3-4 times a day to children. It cures rickets.
85. Children abscess, wound and sinus: Grind liquorice, bitter leaves of Neem tree, false calumba (Daruhaldi) and ghee with ghee and prepare the paste and apply, it fills wound early. If one has been suffering from chronic and dangerous wound, wash wound with boiled water of neem’s leaves and apply paste. Using this experiment regularly fore some days provides relief in all type wounds. If one has been suffering from peptic (Pus) abscess, grind bitter leaves of Neem and mix with honey. Applying it provides relief.
86. Nerves Pain: Grind 100 grams liquorice and take with lukewarm milk before sleeping time at night. It provides relief in ligaments disease.
87. Throat burning sensation: Lapping half spoon powder of liquorice with half spoon honey is useful to cure hoarseness.
88. Children anus wound: If one does not keep clean anus stool and urine to her baby, it gets itching and wound. These diseases have pus too. Grind conch shell (Shankh), white antimony (Surma) and liquorice with water and prepare the paste. After that, apply it on the wound. It is useful to cure children anus wound.
89. Body Power: Take six grams liquorice powder with 30 ml milk regularly, it provides strength to body.
90. Suppurating children navel: Grind turmeric, ghogh, Callicarpa macrophylea (Priyangu) and liquorice with water and prepare the paste. Cook this paste with black sesame’s oil. After that, apply it on the navel slowly, it provides relief. Grind above four medicines and apply, it provides relief in navel swelling.
91. Throat Swelling:
- Grind 10 grams black pepper, 10 grams liquorice, 5 grams clove, 5 grams myrobalan chebulic (Harar) and 20 grams sugar-candy together and prepare the fine powder. Taking one spoon powder with honey twice a day slowly is useful to cure chronic cough, throat deficiency caused of chronic coryza, head pain, throat irritation and other diseases.
- Grind costus root (Kooth), nut grass (motha), Alva, coriander, cardamom and liquorice in equal quantity and prepare the fine powder. Taking one spoon powder with warm water is useful to cure all type disease of throat.
- Sucking liquorice juice again and again is useful to get relief in hoarseness.
- Mix ½ gram liquorice powder with half spoon honey and lick, it ends hoarseness.
- Take 3 grams powder of liquorice root with 250 ml milk twice a day and suck its root time to time. It cures hoarseness and helps to clean voice.
- A person should suck liquorice in the mouth again and again, it provides relief in hoarseness.
- Take liquorice with betel-leaf before going to the bed at night. It makes clean voice till morning.
- Sucking juice of liquorice provides relief in hoarseness.
- Chew one gram powder of liquorice before going to the bed for some time at night. Or keep in mouth and sleep. It helps to clean voice till morning. Eating liquorice powder with betel-leaf provides relief in the throat. It also cures throat pain and throat swelling.
93. Stomach and intestine wound: In case of stomach and intestine wound, for the treatment, take one gram liquorice powder with one cup of milk thrice a day. Doing this treatment is useful to cure ulcer within some days. Do not take spice during this treatment.