Leucas cephalotes plant grows on the every palace in the rainy sessions. It turns into dry in the summer seasons. Its plant is 1-3 feet high and branch is hairy. Its leaves are 1-2 inches long and one inch wide like basil leaves. If someone is scratched its leaves, brings out a smell like smell of basil leaves. Its fruit is green and golden. Its flowers appear in the winter season and fruits appear in the autumn (Hemant) season. There are many kinds of leucas cephalotes.
Name in different languages:
Sanskrit : Dronpushpi
Hindi : guma, goma
Marathi : tuba
Gujarat : kubi
Bengali : halkasa
Latten : leukas
Color: Leucas cephalotes is green.
Taste: It is sweet, vapid and pungent.
Structure: Burl of leucas cephalotes plant grows in the groups. Its flower is white. Its nature is hot.
Precaution: Taking over quantity of leucas cephalotes may be harmful for the hot natured person.
Removing bad effect: Pomegranate removes the bad effect of leucas cephalotes.
Dose: 5-10 grams panchang powder (Root, stem, fruit, leaves and flower) and 10-20 milliliters juice of leucas cephalotes can be taken.
Quality: Leucas cephalotes keeps the brain happy and brings phlegm out. It is useful for the treatment of jaundice, swelling, piles, stomach diseases and breathing problems. It kills stomach worms too. Take cooked vegetable of leucas cephalotes; it increases appetite. Coat ground seeds of leucas cephalotes on the abdomen, it increases sexual power. It is purgative and normalizes tridosa (Vatta, pitta and kapha).
According to Ayurveda- Leucas cephalotes is bitter in taste, hot in nature and spicy. It brings phlegm out and normalizes the bile. It cures fever and purifies the blood. It alleviates snack poisoning. It can be used to end disorders of the digestive system. Leucas cephalotes is useful for the treatment of headache, jaundice, itching, cold, cough and the liver diseases.
According to Unani Ayurveda - Leucas cephalotes is warm and dry in nature. It alleviates snack poisoning and brings phlegm out. It can be used in the condition of jaundice, fever and constipation. It also eliminates gas and kills stomach worms too.
According to Scientists - After the chemical researching of leucas cephalotes, it is found that its flowers contain alkaloid and fly and fragrant oil. Its seeds contain little quantity of oil. It is used to kill the stomach worms and bring phlegm out. It causes loose motions.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Itching: Rubbing fresh juice of leucas cephalotes on the affected part is useful to end itching.
2. Snack poison: Mix 2 pieces of ground black peepers with one spoon juice of leucas cephalotes and give it to the patient 3-4 times in a day as well as drip 2-3 drops juice of leucas cephalotes leaves in the eyes 4-5 times in a day. Using this process alleviates snack poisoning.
3. Swelling: Make the paste by grinding leucas cephalotes and neem leaves together there after heat it. After that, coat this paste on the affected part, it will provide relief in swelling.
4. Cough: Mix one spoon juice of leucas cephalotes with half spoon powder of beleric myrabalan and take it thrice a day, it provides relief in cough.
5. Rheumatism (Joint pain): Mix one spoon juice of leucas cephalotes with one spoon powder of long peppers and take it twice a day, it provides relief from joints pain.
6. Headache: Drip 2 drops of leucas cephalotes juice in the nostril and also coat 1-2 ground black peppers on the forehead. Using this process is useful to end headache.
- Dripping 2 drops juice of leucas cephalotes leaves in the eyes twice a day for some days regularly is useful to get relief in jaundice.
- Apply collyrium of leucas cephalotes leaves in the eyes, it cures jaundice.
8. Cold: Drip 2 drops juice of leucas cephalotes in the nostril and also smell it, it provides relief from cold.
- Fever is cured by taking powder of 5 black peppers with 2 spoons juice of leucas cephalotes.
- Take 5-10 ml juice of leucas cephalotes with borax lava and honey twice a day, it provides relief in fever.
10. Enlargement of the spleen and liver: Take half spoon powder of leucas cephalotes root with 1 gram powder of long peppers twice a day for some weeks regularly, it provides relief in enlargement of the liver and spleen.
11. Surfeited: Drink 5-10 ml juice of leucas cephalotes twice a day, it provides relief in this disease.
12. Asthma: Mix dried fruit of leucas cephalotes and thorn apple together thereafter smoke with it in less quantity. Using this process provides relief in asthma.
13. Decayed nails: Apply juice of leucas cephalotes on the nails 2-3 times in a day regularly, it ends the decomposition of nails and also provides relief.