Kurchi trees are found about in all over India. Its trees are 12 to 20 feet high and with many branches. Its stem and branches are round, white and weak. The bark is some thick, rough and with small burls. Its leaves grow in front of each other. Its leaves are 18 to 36 centimeters long, 6 to 15 centimeters wide, round, smooth and sharp. Its flowers have some fragrance like jasmine. Its pods grow in pairs, which are 24 to 48 centimeters long, in 1.5 centimeters diameter (circle) and some curve. Its pods have brown and dusky seeds, which are bitter. Its flowers blossom in rainy season and fruits grow in the winter season.
Name in different languages:
English - Kurchi
Hindi - Kuda, Kureeya
Sanskrit - Kutaj, Indrajav
Latin - Holarrhena antidysentrica
Marathi - Kuda
Gujrati - Kado
Bengali - Kurchi
Dosage: 3 to 6 grams bark powder, 1 to 3 grams seeds powder and 20 to 30 milliliters decoction should be used.
Useful in different diseases:
1. White spots: Grind kurchi seeds with cow urine and apply it on the affected parts regularly because it checks white spot.
2. Stomach worms: Taking half spoon powder of kurchi seeds before going to bed at night regularly is useful to destroy the stomach worms.
3. Fever: Mix equal quantity of powder of kurchi seeds and powder of cuscus root together. Boil 10 grams this powder with one glass of water until remains half then filter it. The patient should take two spoons of this decoction thrice a day because it provides relief in fever quick.
4. Bloody diarrhoea: Boil kurchi bark and pomegranate peel 20 grams each with 500 milliliters water until remains 200 milliliters water then filter it. After that, give 50 milliliters this decoction to the patient after mixing with 10 grams honey twice a day to prevent bleeding with diarrhoea.
5. Loose motions:
- Loose motion is cured by taking half spoon powder of kurchi bark with curd thrice a day.
- Make the powder by grinding nut grass, Indian atees, betel-leaf, kurchi bark and laksha together. After that, give 5 grams of this powder to the patient 3-4 times a day to cure loose motions quick.
- Loose motion is prevent by taking 5 to 10 ml juice of bark of kurchi tree’s stem with one spoon honey thrice a day.
- Mix 50 ml decoction of kurchi bark with 6 to 10 grams powder of Indian atees and give it to the patient thrice a day, it provides relief loose motions.
6. Stone: Take half spoon powder of kurchi bark with whey twice a day for some weeks regularly to bring out stones after breaking.
7. Sun stroke: If someone has been suffering from sun stroke, he should take half spoon powder of kurchi tree’s bark with one cup of milk twice or thrice a day because it ends bas effect of sun stroke.
8. Bile diarrhoea: The patient should take 40 ml decoction of kurchi seeds with honey because it prevents diarrhoea due to bile.
9. Spermtorrhoea: Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of kurchi, beleric myrobalan, wood apple, red wood tree, ditabark tree, shal tree and kamala flowers together. After that, give 2 to 5 grams this powder to the patient for some days regularly to get relief in spermatorrhoea caused by bile.
10. Spermathorrhoea: This disease is cured by taking saag (green cooked vegetable) or powder of kurchi flowers regularly.
11. Chicken pox: Grind bark of kurchi tree with rice water and coat it on the face. Blotches and pimples do not occur on the face by using this process.
12. Tooth problems: Make the powder by grinding bark and seeds of kurchi together thereafter brush with it regularly, it cures toothache and prevents bleeding from the tooth
- Make a decoction by boiling bark of kurchi tree and mix dry ginger powder in it. After that, take this decoction to get relief in bleeding from piles.
- Make a decoction by boiling kurchi seeds with milk and take two spoons of this decoction thrice a day because it cures bloody piles.
- Mix kurchi powder with curd and take it to cure piles and prevent bleeding from the moles too.
- Grind thick 5 kilograms bark of kurchi tree and boil it with 12 liters water until it remains 3 liters water then mix one-kilogram jaggery in this decoction and cook until it turns into dark then filter. Piles are cured by taking it regularly.
- Make a decoction by boiling bark of kurchi tree and mix whey or beel syrup in it. This medicine provides relief in bloody piles.
14. Chronic diarrhoea: This disease is cured by taking 3 to 6 grams powder of kurchi bark or seeds with 100 to 250 milliliters whey.
15. Blood amoebic dysentery:
- Dysentery is cured by taking two spoons kurchi powder with honey.
- Boil bark of kurchi tree and pomegranate peels 10 grams each with 500 ml water until it remains 100 ml water then filter it. After that, give this decoction to the patient to cure bloody amoebic dysentery.
- Grind bark of kurchi tree with whey and then mix rock salt and toasted cumin seed in it. Dysentery is prevented by taking this mixture.
16. Syphilis: Grind 10 grams the bark of kurchi tree and 15 grams sugar-candy together and mix it with water. Syphilis is cured within one week by taking this medicine in the morning regularly.