KURCHI BARK (KUDA KI CHHAL*)
Taste: It is bitter in taste.
Structure: Its trees are huge and its seeds are called “Indrajav”.
Nature: It is hot in nature.
Precautions: Taking over quantity of kurchi bark may be the cause of constipation.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Fever of vatta-pitta: Make a decoction by boiling kurchi bark, mild himalaya cherry, dry ginger, red sandal, tinospora, roxab leaves (Patol) and coriander 5 grams each with water. The fever caused by vatta and pitta is cured by taking this decoction.
2. Fever: Chronic fever is cured by taking 10 to 40 ml decoction of kurchi bark twice a day.
3. Uterus disorders: If any woman has been suffering from flabbiness of the uterus vagina after delivery, she should take 10 to 40 ml decoction of kurchi bark twice a day because it ends flabbiness.
4. Bloody diarrhoea: Mix powder of kurchi root’s bark with powder of holarrhena antidysentrica wall (Indrajav) and take it to prevent bloody diarrhoea.
5. Blood amoebic dysentery:
- Grind equal quantity of kurchi bark, linseed, beel fruit, cus-cus, nut grass, coriander and pauonia odorata (Netrabala) together. Boil this mixture with 250 ml water until it remains only 50 ml quantity then filter it and mix honey. After that, give this decoction to the patient to prevent bloody amoebic dysentery.
- If someone has been suffering from bloody diarrhoea, he should take a decoction of kurchi bark with honey because it provides relief in this disease.
- Make the powder by grinding kurchi bark, holarrhena antidysentrica wall (indrajav), Indian berberin, Indian atees, dry ginger and flowers of downy grislea together. This powder should be taken with honey and rice water because it helps to prevent dysentery.
- Make the powder by grinding 50 grams bark of kurchi tree and take it for 7 days regularly, it prevents bloody amoebic dysentery.
Stone: Mix ground bark of kurchi tree with curd and give it to the patient regularly, it brings out stones after breaking. If someone takes this medicine twice a day regularly, he feels very relief from chronic stones.
Leprosy: This disease is cured by taking ground bark of kurchi tree with syrup of sugar-candy.