Mostly, jasmine creepers are planted in gardens and houses in the all over India. Its flowers' smell is very intoxicant which makes pleasant to the brain. Especially, it is grown in Farukhabad, Jonpur and Gajipur districts of Utter Pradesh. Every person knows about the jasmine because of its popularity. Its flowers are white but somewhere jasmine creeper of yellow flower is found too. Its flowers, leaves and root are used in medicines. Oil and perfume are prepared from its flowers.
Name in different languages:
English : Jasmine
Hindi : Chameli
Sanskrit : Saumansyaynee
Marathi : Chambeli
Gujarat : Chambeli
Latin : Jasminem miltflorm
Color: Its leaves are green and flowers are white.
Taste: It is pungent and fragrant.
Structure: Jasmine creepers are found in the forests, gardens and flower gardens (puspe vatica). Its bud is long stick and flower is white.
Nature: It is cool in nature.
Precaution: By using over quantity of jasmine, headache occurs in the hot natured person.
Note: Rose oil and camphor oil should be used to end headache caused by the use of jasmine.
Bad effects Removal: Wild or sweet violet and rose flower remove the bad effects of Jasmine.
Compare: It can be compared with narcissus tazetta (nargish).
Dosage: 10 grams quantity of jasmine should be used as a medicine.
Quality: Jasmine makes happy to the brain. Drink its juice; it brings out vatta and kappha with loose motions. It makes the body active and is useful to cure paralysis. Its smell makes the brain strong. Hair becomes white by its use. Coating jasmine oil on the penis is useful to end early ejaculation.
Useful in different diseases:
Mouth blisters: Chewing leaves of jasmine like betel leaf cures blisters and all the types of wounds of the mouth.
Gums pain: Gargle with the decoction of jasmine’s leaves again and again; it provides relief from the pain of gums.
- Grind jasmine flower and apply it on the skin (ringworm, itching) daily 2-3 times a day. It is useful to cure skin diseases.
- Jasmine oil is an unerring and magical medicine to cure the skin diseases. Poisoning wounds, burning sensation, scabies and itching and many types of diseases are cured soon by applying it.
- Grind 6-10 jasmine leaves and apply it on the affected part. Its use cures the skin diseases and the disease which occur because of blood disorders.
Impotency and early ejaculation: Boil equal quantity of jasmine leaves’ juice and sesame oil together until oil remains only. Rubbing this oil on the penis twice a day regularly is useful to end impotency and early ejaculation.
Blood piles: Boil equal quantity of juice of jasmine leaves and sesame oil together until it remains oil only. Applying this oil on the anus daily 2-3 times a day is useful to cure blood piles.
Amenorrhoea: Make a decoction by boiling equal quantity of leaves, flowers and root of jasmine creeper with water there after filter it. Taking about half cup of this decoction twice a day is useful to end amenorrhoea.
Headache: Apply jasmine oil on the forehead or coat paste of its flowers on the forehead. Using this process is useful to end headache.
Eye pain: Coating the paste of jasmine flowers on the closed eyes provides relief in eyes’ pain.
Vata disorder: Coating paste of jasmine root or jasmine oil on the painful area is useful to end vatta disorder.
Otorrhoea: If the patient suffers from ears pain and pus from the hear, boil 20 grams jasmine leaves with sesame oil and drip 1 drop this oil in the ear thrice a day. It is useful to cure otorrhoea.
Depression: Jasmine is best medicine to end depression.
Nose pimples: Smelling jasmine flowers cures inner pimples of nose.
- Smell fragrance of jasmine flower; it removes the hotness of mind. Applying jasmine’s oil in the hair is useful for the brain. For making its oil, spread a layer of jasmine flowers on the cotton cloth after that spread a thin layer of sesame seeds on this layer. After two days, filter the sesame from sieve and separate the sesame from flowers. In the same way repeat this process again and after two days do the same like before. Similarly, use this experiment 3rd time and separate sesame after two days. Prepare oil with these sesamem seeds and apply it on the head thereafter rub.
- Jasmine oil is useful to cure the skin diseases, toothache, wound and eye diseases. Jasmine increases blood circulation and provides energy in the body. It also keeps the mind happy.
Fair complexion: Grind 10-20 flowers of jasmine and apply it on the face, it fairs complexion.
Trachoma: (aankho ki phoolli): Grind 5-6 white soft buds of jasmine flowers with sugar candy then apply it on the affected part, it cures trachoma within some days.
Paralysis: Make a paste by grinding jasmine root and coat it on the affected part there after rub oil on it. Using this process is useful to get relief in paralysis.
Stomach worms: Grind 10 grams jasmine leaves then give it to the patient; it kills stomach worms and normalizes menstrual excretion.
- Mix 20 ml juice of jasmine leaves with 125 milligrams resin powder and give it to the patient twice a day regularly; it ends syphilis within 15 days. Wheat bread, milk, rice, ghee and sugar should be taken during this period.
- Washing syphilis wound with the decoction of jasmine leaves is useful. Taking decoction of jasmine leaves kills stomach worms and brings urine easily too.
- Mix juice of jasmine leaves, cow ghee and resin 20 grams each together. Taking this mixture is useful to cure chronic syphilis.
Cracked heels: Applying fresh juice of jasmine’s leaves on the cracked heels is useful for them.
- Grind jasmine new leaves, holarrhena antidysentrica, root of white oleander, and fruit of Indian beech and peel of Indian barberry. Coating this mixture on leprosy is useful to cure leprosy.
- Leprosy is cured by taking decoction of jasmine leaves.
Fever: Make a decoction by boiling equal quantity of jasmine leaves, India gooseberry, nut-grass and Arabian or Persian manna plant with water there after mix jiggery in it. Take 30 milliliters this decoction twice a day; it cures fever.
Chicken pokes: Grind 10-15 jasmine flowers and coat it on the affected portion. Its use cures the pimples of chicken pox.
Erysipelas: Grind leaves and flowers of jasmine together and coat it on erysipelas, chicken poxes and blisters. It is useful to cure them.
- Make a paste by grinding jasmine leaves, emetic nut, solanum xanthocarpum, small caltrops, lodh, madder root and liquorice with water. Mix four folds oil than paste and four folds water than oil in this mixture. Cook this mixture until only oil remains then filter it. Rub this oil on the tooth twice a day regularly; it cures toothache.
- Make a paste by grinding fine leaves of jasmine and put it on the affected teeth. Using this process is useful to cure toothache.
- Chewing jasmine leaves is useful to cure toothache.
- Grind jasmine leaves, oleander, ceylen leadwort and India beech with water and prepare a paste. Mix four folds sweet oil than paste and four folds water than oil and goat’s milk with above mixture. Cook this mixture until oil remains then filter it. Applying this oil on the head regularly is useful to cure alopecia and other hair problems.
- Applying jasmine oil on the head is useful to get relief in headache.
Contraception: The woman does not become pregnant for one year if she takes one bud of jasmine during fourth days of menstrual excretion. Take 2 buds; it stops conception for two years. In the same way as buds quantity should be taken by you, do not want to take child till as years.
Vomiting: Mix 2 grams powder of black pepper with 10 ml juice of white jasmine leaves and give it to the patient to lick after some-some time. It is useful to stop vomiting.
Urinary problems: Taking juice of jasmine leaves is useful to end urinary problems.
Fistula: Grind jasmine leaves, banyan' leaves, tinospora, dry ginger and black salt with thick whey. Applying this mixture on the affected part cures fistula.
Tumour: Grind the peel of jasmine with ganda biroja and coat it on the affected part, it cures tumour.
Inflammation and itching of the vagina: Mix camphor with jasmine oil and apply it on the vagina, it ends itching and inflammation and itching of the vagina.
Ringworm: Grind jasmine leaves and coat it on the ringworm or any skin diseases. It is useful to cure the skin diseases.
Elephantiasis: Mix lemon juice with jasmine oil and rub on the affected part, it provides relief in elephantiasis. Jasmine oil is very useful in the condition itching, ringworm and cold bile.
Quinsy (Tonsil swelling): Grind 3 grams purple flibane and 2 grams ochre with water. Coating this preparation on throat is useful to end throat swelling and pain.
Nodes: Apply fresh juice of jasmine leaves or tie powder of jasmine flower on the nodes; it ends nodes.
Face marks: Grind jasmine leaves and tie on the putrefied part of the finger. It is useful treatment to cure the skin diseases.