Taking jaggery is useful to cure many types of diseases of the body. Jaggery is the best than sugar and sweets. Sugar is more used than jaggery now-a-days. It is prepared from sugarcane juice. All substance liquid and alkaline of it is safe for long time.
Many types of dishes are prepared from jaggery as- pudding, churma and lapsi. Taking jaggery ends fatigue. It is very useful for the hard worker. The jaggery which is frozen in n the soil pot is the best.
Qualities of old jaggery: Old jaggery is light and sweet. It cures eye diseases, vatta, bile disorders and blood diseases. It increases appetite and the body strength.
The use of jaggery with other things: Taking jaggery with ginger brings phlegm out, and with myrabalan chebulie ends bile disorders and with dry ginger eliminates gas.
Name in different languages:
English : Jaggery
Sanskrit : Gud
Hindi : Gud
Bengali : Gud
Marathi : Gul
Gujarati : God
Telugu : Vellamu
Parsian : Kandesiya
Arabic : Kandeaswad
Color: It is red, yellow, black and white.
Taste: It is sweet.
Structure: Jaggery is prepared by cooking sugarcane juice on the fire.
According to Scantiest- 100 grams jaggery contain 180 ml substance liquid. Sugar contains substance liquid and alkali, so jaggery should be taken, because it is useful than sugar. Jaggery contains vitamin “B-1”, “B-2”, Vitamin-C and enough quantity of vitamin-A.
Nature: It is hot in nature.
Precaution: Taking excessive quantity of jaggery may be harmful for the hot natured person. Jaggery should not be taken in the spring season, because it may be the cause of harmful. Bile natured person should not take new jaggery too. Jaggery should not be taken in the condition of skin diseases, worms, teeth diseases, eye diseases, fever, indignation, catarrh and diabetes. It also should not be taken with kidney bean, milk or sesame.
Removing bad effect: Bamboo manna removes the bad effects of jaggery.
Qualities: Jaggery clears the stomach and makes light. It is useful to cure intestines wound. It also should be taken in the condition of cold and catarrh, because it is beneficial. It brings phlegm out and increases digestive power. It ends cough and breathing problems. Its burnt alkali is useful to cure cough.
Compare: It can be compared with honey.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Cold, catarrh and cough:
- Taking 10 grams jaggery and 3 grams powder of black peppers with 40 ml fresh curd in the morning for 3 days regularly is useful to cure catarrh.
- Take sweetmeat of jaggery and black sesame in the winter season, because it is useful to cure catarrh and cough.
- Mix 100 grams jaggery, spoon ground dry ginger and one spoon black peppers together. After that, take this mixture 4 times in a day, it provides relief in cough and catarrh.
- Take jaggery with black sesame in the winter. Cough, catarrh and bronchitis do not occur by using it.
- Mix 30 grams old jaggery and 6 grams ground black peppers with 60 grams curd. After that, take this mixture twice a day, it provides relief in light fever, anorexia, phlegm, brings out offensive water from the nose, cough and headache etc. symptom caused by catarrh.
- Take sweetmeat of sesame and jaggery in the winter season, it cures cough, catarrh and bronchitis. Taking these sweetmeats without any diseases keeps the body healthy. Consequently, cough and catarrh do not occur.
- Take 3-10 grams jaggery with 3-10 ml mustard oil for 21 days regularly, it provides relief in asthma.
- Mix 15 grams jaggery with 15 ml mustard oil and lick it, it cures asthma and dried cough.
- Mix 10 grams jaggery with 10 ml muster oil and take, it cures asthma within 21-40 days.
- Mix 10 grams jaggery with 10 grams muster oil and lick it twice a day for 21-60 days regularly, it cures asthma within 40-60 days.
- Taking sweetmeat of jaggery and sesame in the winter season is useful to get relief in asthma. These sweetmeats can be taken to cure asthma, cough and catarrh.
3. Phlegm, erysipelas and heart problems:
- Taking equal quantity of jaggery and ghee together is beneficial to get relief in above diseases.
- Giving jaggery to the patient is useful to end heart problems.
- Taking jaggery is beneficial to end heart and physical weakness.
4. Anuria-dysuria: Take jaggery with powder of Indian gooseberry, it increases sperm count and cures anuria-dysuria. It also kills worms and quenches thirst.
5. Stomach diseases:
- Mix jaggery with one spoon caraway and lick, it ends stomachache.
- Sucking slowly 10 grams jaggery after meals, sour water does not come in the mouth. It also eliminates acidity, gas, heart weakness and body looseness, and cures mouth blisters.
- Take jaggery with kakjanga, it cures all the diseases of the stomach.
- Take jaggery with red chili, it provides relief in stomach pain.
- Taking 10 grams jaggery after meals eliminates gas from the stomach.
- Boil jaggery and seeds of fenul greek with water. After that, take this water, it eliminates gas from the stomach.
- Take 25 grams jaggery after meals regularly, it reduces stomach enlargement and eliminates gas from the stomach. It also keeps the body healthy.
6. Blood disorders: Taking jaggery with caraway powder or taking decoction of jaggery for 7 days regularly ends blood disorders.
- Take jaggery with cumin seeds, it provides relief in indignation, gas and cold.
- Taking jaggery with powder of dry ginger is useful to end indigestion.
8. Kidney pain: Mix 10 grams jaggery with half gram bujjha lime and prepare two tablets from it. After that, take one tablet with lukewarm water, it provides relief in kidney pain. If pain does not subside by taking one tablet, take second tablet with lukewarm water; it provides relief from kidney pain.
9. To born only son:
- If the woman gives birth only girls and she wants boy, cut the moon portion of a peacock wing and grind it and then mix jaggery in it to make one tablet. In this way, prepare 3 tablets from 3 wings of peacock. Give 1-1 tablets after mixing it in the milk of cow (which calf is alive) daily in the morning for 3 days in the ending of the second months of pregnancy in which she takes breath from the right nostril. Cow milk should be taken during these days. Do not take meals, but rice can be taken in the evening. A beautiful son like moon will surely take birth by follow this method.
- If the woman gives birth only girls, mix one ground leaf of bastard teak with milk and give it to her at period of menstrual excretion. A beautiful son will take birth by this treatment.
10. Migraine: Taking 12 grams jaggery with 6 grams ghee twice a day (before sunrise and at bed time) is useful to get relief in migraine.
11. Eye diseases:
- Soak jaggery in water at overnight. In the next morning, filter this mixture 100 times from clean cloth. After that, take this water, it provides relief from ears pain. Jaggery will filter as many time as it will so cool and useful.
- Make collyrium by mixing jaggery or sugar and apply it in the eyes, it cures eye diseases caused by smoke.
12. Centipedes (Kankhajura) bite: Apply burnt jaggery on the affected part, it reduces poisoning and swelling caused by kankhajura bite.
13. Chest wound: Take jaggery thrice a day, it provides relief in chest wound.
14. Retention of urine: Taking jaggery with hot milk twice a day is useful to end retention of urine and helps in urination clearly. .
- Grind old jaggery and mix ground dry ginger in it. Hiccup is prevented by smelling this mixture.
- Mix old jaggery with dry ginger and prepare small tablets. After that, suck these tablets, it provides relief in hiccup.
- Take jaggery with 4 grams impure carbonate of potash twice a day for 21 days regularly, it prevents hiccup.
16. Stomach worms:
- Take jaggery, it brings out worms from the intestines after that take medicine (the medicine which brings out worms), it brings worms out easily.
- Take one gram fine powder of hen bane seed with water after take 20 grams jaggery; it ends intestines worms and brings out with stool.
- Take 10 grams powder of barbering with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes of taking 25-40 gram jaggery, it ends intestine worms and brings out with stool.
- Mix 60 grams jaggery with 3 grams kamala and take it for 3 days regularly, it provides relief.
- Take 10 grams jaggery and one gram hen bane seed with cold water, it ends stomach worms.
- Take one spoon powder of caraway with jaggery regularly, it kills stomach worms.
17. Prick of stone, thorn and glass: Heat jaggery with caraway and tie it on the affected part, it brings out thorn and provides relief from pain.
18. Stone: Mix 1 spoon jaggery’ syrup with half cup water and take it thrice a day, it cures stone and ulcer of cancer of the body. Using this process melts blood clot because of which the disease subsides.
19. Malaria fever: Mix 10 grams jaggery and 3 grams black cumin seeds together. After that, take 2-3 gram this mixture 4 times in a day after each 2 hours, it provides relief in fever caused by malaria.
- Take powder of arjun tree’ bark with syrup of jaggery, it provides relief in old fever.
- Take jaggery with caraway, it breaks constipation and also cures fever caused by body pain.
- Take 10 grams jaggery with 10 grams powder of Indian gooseberry twice a day, it provides relief in fever.
21. Allergy fever: Mix ginger’s juice with old jaggery there after take it twice a day, it provides relief in allergy fever caused by urticaria. It also cures anorexia.
22. Dry cough: Mix 15 grams jaggery with 15 grams mustard oil and give it to the patient, it cures dried cough.
23. Dryness of the mouth and tongue: Mix 360-480 milligrams nutmeg with jaggery and take it twice a day regularly, it ends dryness of the tongue and mouth.
24. Constipation: Take 2-4 grams jaggery with powder of myrabalan chebulie twice a day, it eliminates constipation.
25. Contraceptive: Taking about 50 grams old jaggery at period of menstrual execration for three days regularly ends fear of pregnancy.
26. Cancer: Mix 2 spoons syrup of jaggery with one cup water and take it thrice a day for 90 days regularly, it cures cancer.
27. Offensive smell of the mouth: Take jaggery after eating radish, it removes offensive smell of belching.
28. Deafness: Mix 2 grams jaggery and 3 grams powder of dry ginger with water. After that, drip this mixture in the ears, it ends deafness (this mixture should be dropped drop by drop).
29. Blood diarrhoea: Taking 2-4 grams jaggery with powder of myrabalan chebulie twice a day is useful to get relief in blood diarrhoea.
30. Amenorrhea: Make a decoction by boiling jaggery and black sesame with water then cool it. After that, take this decoction, it makes menstrual exertion normal.
31. Fistula: Make a paste by grinding old jaggery, blue copper sulphat, ganda biroja and sares with little water. After that, coat this mixture on cloth and put it on the affected part, it cures fistula within some days.
32. White leucorrhoea: Taking 2 grams old jaggery twice a day regularly is useful to cure white leucorrhoea.
33. Liver enlargement: Mix 1.5 grams old jaggery with 1.5 grams powder of bark of big (yellow) myrabalan chebulie and prepare tablets from it. After that, take these tablets with lukewarm water twice a day for one month regularly, it reduces enlargement of the liver and spleen.
34. Urticaria: Take jaggery with 1-2 spoons juice of dry ginger 2-3 times in a day regularly, it cures urticaria.
35. Tumour: Mix 10 grams gum gugal and 10 grams borax with jaggery. After that, apply this mixture on tumour, it provides relief.
36. Blood clot: Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of jaggery, clerodendron serratum and small peppers together then filter it. After that, take 2-4 grams this powder with decoction of black sesame, it melts blood clot.
37. Retention of urine: Taking 10 gram jaggery with 1 spoon raw caraway for 15 days regularly is useful to cure urinary diseases.
38. Scabies and itching: The person who has been suffering from blood disorders should take jaggery with tea or milk or lassie a spite of sugar, it purifies blood and ends itching.
39. Geuniaworms: Mix jaggery with pigeon dung and give it to the patient, it provides relief in geuniaworms.
40. Nails enlargement inside: Mix ground turmeric with jaggery of sugarcane juice and tie it on the nails, it provides relief in pain and inflammation.
41. Chronic wound: Mix 120 grams snack slough with jaggery and apply it on the affected part, it stops wound bleeding.
42. Swelling in the veins of foot: Mix one spoon jaggery syrup with one cup of water and take it thrice a day, it ends swelling of the foot veins
- Mix 10 grams turmeric powder with 20 grams jaggery and take it with vinegar regularly, it provides relief in elephantiasis.
- Take 2-4 grams turmeric and jaggery with cow urine twice a day regularly, it cures elephantiasis.
44. Cracked lips: Cook equal quantity of wax, jaggery and racin with oil or ghee. After that, apply this mixture on the lips, it ends hardness of the lips and makes the lips soft.
45. Headache: Mix 10 gram jaggery with 5 grams ghee and take it, it ends headache.
46. Children diseases: Give jaggery with onion to the children for some days regularly, it increases height of the children. Feed butter and date-plum to the children, it increases memory power of the children.
47. Cracked foot: Make a paste by mixing equal quantity of breast milk, jaggery, ghee, ocher and honey together. After that, apply this paste on the affected part, it makes the foot soft and beautiful.
- Taking 240-960 milligrams gum gugal with jaggery 3-4 times in a day regularly is useful to cure hoarseness.
- Boil 10 grams boiled rice and 10 grams jaggery with 40 ml water there after mix ghee in it. After that, take it twice a day, it provides relief in hoarseness.