INDIAN CINNAMON (TEJPAT*)
Indian cinnamon trees are found in the hill areas of Himalaya. It also grows in Sikkim, Manipur and Himachal Pradesh. The tree of Indian cinnamon is green all the time. It is used in the spices. It is green and upper part is smooth. Three clear veins have to appear on it. It is fragrant like clove and cinnamon. It is used after drying in the sunlight.
Name in different languages:
English : Indian chinamon
Hindi : Tejpat, Tejpata
Sanskrit : Tamalpatra
Gujarati : Tamalpatra
Marathi : Tamalpatra
Bengali : Tejpat
Punjabi : Tamalpatra
Telugu : Dirsenamu
Arabic : Sajje hindi
Parsian : Sadrus
Compare: It can be compared with Balchhad.
Removing bad effects: Pistacia lentischs and quince syrup remove the bad effects of it.
Quality: Indian cinnamon is light, pungent and its taste is sweet, and hot in nature. It provides strength to memory and digestive system. It helps in urination clearly. It eliminates gas and provides relief from pain. It has anti-oxidant elements.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Cold and catarrh:
- Take tea of Indian cinnamon powder instead of tea leaves. It is useful to cure sneeze, nose blowing, inflammation and headache.
- Make the powder by grinding 5 grams Indian cinnamon bark and 5 grams small pepper together. After that, lick this mixture with 2 spoon of honey. It is useful to cure cough and catarrh.
- Taking 1-4 grams powder of Indian cinnamon with jaggery twice a day is useful to cure catarrh slowly-slowly.
2. Louses: Boil 5-6 leaves of Indian cinnamon with 1 glass of water until it remains half quantity then put it down. Rub this preparation on the head and take bath. Using this process regularly is useful to end louses and bring out too.
3. Eye diseases: Applying ground leaves of Indian cinnamon in the eyes is useful to cure eye diseases and corneal opacity too.
4. Bleeding: Take one spoon ground Indian cinnamon with one cup of water after each 3 hours; it stops bleeding of the nose and mouth. It cures hematuria too.
5. Tooth diseases: Make the fine powder by grinding dried leaves of Indian cinnamon and brush with it after each 3 days; it makes the teeth white.
6. Asthma and breathing problems:
- Spray 2 grams powder of Indian cinnamon and 2 grams powder of long peppers in the treacle of ginger pickle and lick, it cures asthma and ends breathing problems.
- Take 1 spoon powder of dried leaves of Indian cinnamon with 1 cup hot milk twice a day; it cures asthma and ends breathing problems.
- Taking about 1 spoon powder of Indian cinnamon with honey is useful to cure cough.
- Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of Indian cinnamon bark and long peppers together thereafter mix 3 grams honey in it. Licking it is useful to get relief in cough.
- Cough is cured by taking 1-4 grams powder of Indian cinnamon with honey and dry ginger juice twice a day.
- A decoction of Indian cinnamon bark can be taken to cure cough and flatulence.
- Make the fine powder by grinding 60 grams Indian cinnamon, 60 grams currants (without seed), 30 grams almond, 5 grams long pepper powder and 5 grams small cardamom together thereafter mix jaggery in it. Taking one pinch this mixture with milk is useful to cure cough.
- Taking decoction of Indian cinnamon brings sweat out and cures disorders of the intestines because of that ends flatulence and loose motions.
- Taking 1-4 grams powder of Indian cinnamon twice a day is useful to eliminate gas.
9. Anorexia: Taking spices curd of Indian cinnamon twice a day is useful to cure anorexia.
10. Belching: 2-4 grams powder of Indian cinnamon should be taken to end belching.
11. Jaundice and stone: Chewing 5-6 leaves of Indian cinnamon regularly is useful to cure jaundice and break stone.
12. Pain during delivery: Giving smoke of Indian cinnamon leaves to the suffered woman provides relief from pain caused by delivery.
13. To purify uterus:
- Taking 1-3 grams fine powder of Indian cinnamon twice a day is useful to purify the uterus.
- Boil cinnamon with water until it makes lukewarm then put it down. Fill this water in the any tub and woman should sit in this tub. Using this process provides relief from pain of the uterus.
- Giving 50 milligrams decoction of Indian cinnamon to the pregnant women twice a day is useful to end the disorders of blood and uterus. It also purifies the uterus.
14. Metrorrhoea: If someone has been suffering from bleeding caused by the uterus looseness, give 1-4 grams powder of Indian cinnamon to him with fresh water twice a day, it ends uterus looseness and cures metrorrhoea.
15. Uterus looseness: Indian cinnamon should be used to end looseness of the uterus. Taking 1-4 grams powder of Indian cinnamon twice a day is useful to end the looseness of the uterus. It also ends complain of abortion caused by uterus looseness.
16. Colic pain: Taking 2-4 grams powder of Indian cinnamon’s bark is useful to end colic pain.
17. Rheumatism (Joints pain): Applying Indian cinnamon on the joints is useful to cure rheumatism (joints pain).
18. Breast size:
- Taking powder of Indian cinnamon twice a day increases the breast size.
- Mix oil of Indian cinnamon with other oil and rub it on the breast twice a day, it increases breast size.
- Grind about 10 grams Indian cinnamon with water and coat it on the forehead, it ends headache caused by cold or warmth.
- Grind bark of Indian cinnamon branch (Without peels) and heat it. Applying it on the forehead is useful to end headache
20. Sterility: Giving ¼ spoon powder of Indian cinnamon with water to the sterility woman thrice a day regularly ends uterus looseness within some months. Consequently, sterility and abortion problems end.
21. Memory power: Taking Indian cinnamon with meals regularly increases the memory power.
22. Pneumonia: Make a decoction by boiling Indian cinnamon, big cardamom, nut grass, camphor, cubeb and cloves with water. Taking this decoction twice a day is useful to get relief in pneumonia.
23. Urinary problems: Taking powder of Indian cinnamon is beneficial to get relief in diabetes.
24. Stammering: If someone has been suffering from stammering, put Indian cinnamon under his tongue and say to suck it, it ends stammering.
26. Waist pain: Make the powder by grinding 10 grams cinnamon, 10 grams caraway and 5 grams aniseed together. Boil this mixture with 1 kg water until it remains 100 ml water then cool it. After that, take this decoction, it provides relief from waist pain caused by cold air.
27. Sprain: Make a paste by grinding Indian cinnamon and cloves together thereafter apply it on the affected part, it ends swelling and sprain slowly.
28. Diabetes: Taking 1 pinch powder of Indian cinnamon with fresh water thrice a day is useful to control diabetes.
29. Stomach worms: Mix Indian cinnamon with olive oil and apply it on the anus, it kills stomach worms and brings out too.
30. Indigestion: Taking 1-4 grams powder of Indian cinnamon twice a day eliminates gas from the stomach and ends indigestion.
31. Nose diseases: Take about 240-600 milligrams powder of Indian cinnamon twice a day and also wash the nose with decoction of Indian cinnamon’s fruit 2-3 times in a day regularly, it cures nose diseases.
32. Insanity: Boil Indian cinnamon with water and give it to the patient, it ends insanity caused by cold.
33. Children weeping:
- Feeding 2-3 grams powder of Indian cinnamon with ginger juice and honey to children provides relief in all the diseases of children.
- Feed about 3 grams powder of Indian cinnamon to children twice a day. It is useful for the treatment of all the diseases of children.