INDIAN ATEES (ATEES*)
English - Indian Atees
Hindi - Atees
Sanskrit - Ativisha, Vishwa, Shukalkanda
Gujarati - Attbakhni, Kaleebkhamo, Ativish
Marathi - Ativish
Bengali - Aatiech
Punjabi - Atees, Chiteezadi, Batees
Parsian - Bazziturki
Telugu - Ativisha, Atibasa
Tree of Indian atees is found on fifteen thousands height in hills areas of West-North Himalayan territories. Diging land its root or tuber root is brought. It is called atees. Atees is brown in color and pungent in taste. Its bark is used to color of the clothes. There are three kinds of atees as Black, White and Yellow. Only white atees is used to make medicines.
Atees is very bitter. It is very useful medicine to cure children fever. It is excessively used in the medicines of small children. Atees is chief medicine to make baby’s ‘Balghuti’. The quality of this medicine is that this medicine is related to vatsnabh medicine (it is poisonous medicine), but it is not poisonous. Poisonous part of its fresh tree is dangerous for more sensitive animals only. The poisonous effects of it end after drying and thereafter it can be given to the babies without any fear. But a disorder is present in it, which is that ghun occurs in it after 2 months.
Atees tree is 1-4 feet high and branches are flat and has just single stem on which leaves grow. Its leaves are petiole and like plate shape, 2-3 inches long round and with five parts. Its flowers are shiny and blue, and appear like hat. Some fibers appear on it that is purple in color. There are two types of its root - New and Old. These roots are used for medical purpose.
Color: It is brown from upper and white from internal.
Taste: It is bitter in taste.
Nature: Indian Atees is hot in nature.
Dosage: 25 milligrams to one grams powder of indian atees should be used.
Precaution: Using over quantity of atees is harmful for the stomach and intestines, so cold stuff food should be used to remove its bad effects.
Atees digests food easily and increases sperm count. It prevents loose-motions and brings phlegm out. It eliminates gas and provides relief in dropsy and piles. It is also useful for the treatment of fever caused by bile, dysentery, cough and breathing problems. It alleviates poison too.
Useful in Different Diseases:
1. Children fever, breathe, cough and Vomiting:
- Mix atees powder with honey and give it to children according to condition of fever, asthma, cough and Vomiting.
- Mix Atees powder with nut-grass powder and honey thereafter give it to children, it provides relief in vomiting.
2. Diarrhoea causaed by bile: Make the powder by grinding atees, bark of hellbore and holarrhena antidysentrica thereafter mix these powders with honey. After that, give this mixture to the patient to get relief in diarrhoea caused by bile.
3. Children diarrhoea: Make a decoction by boiling dry ginger, nut-grass and Atees with water and thereafter give it to children in the condition of diarrhoea.
4. All the types of children diarrhoea: Give powder of Indian atees to children with honey to prevent all the types of diarrhoea.
- Make a decoction by boiling Atees, dry ginger and tinospora in water. Sprue is cured by taking this decoction.
- Mix equal quantity of filtered powder (powder should be filtered with help of loth) of Indian atees, cyperus and galls with honey and take it thrice a day. This powder should be given to children in about ¼ grams quantity according to age. It is also useful medicine to cure fever and cough of children.
- If someone suffers from light loose motions and white and offensive, grind 10 grams Atees with equal quantity of dry ginger. Boil this mixture with two liters water until it remains half quantity then spread a little salt. After that, mix some pomegranate juice in it and give this preparation to him 3-4 times in a day to get relief in sprue, diarrhoea and loose-motion.
6. Fever caused by mercury: Take 1 gram filtered powder (filter the powder with the help of cloth) of Indian atees four times a day to cure fever caused by mercury.
7. Poison of spider, scorpion and bee: Mix equal quantity of Atees powder and lime together and thereafter grind it with water to make a paste. After that, apply this paste on the affected part to get relief in inflammation and swelling caused by poison affects of spider, scorpion and bee.
8. Malaria: Grind one gram Atees powder with two pieces of black peppers and give it to the patient with water. It provides relief in fever.
9. Stomach worms of children: Grind equal quantity of atees and barbering and mix it with half spoon honey. After that, give this mixture to children for some days regularly to destroy stomach worms.
10. Common cold and catarrh: Take one gram Atees powder with honey or basil juice thrice a day to end all the types of problems.
11. Mentally insanity: Take one gram Atees powder with juice of 3-4 shoe flowers seeds twice a day for some days regularly to end mentally insanity.
12. Cough: Mix one gram Atees powder with half grams galls powder and take it with honey 2-3 times a day to cure cough.
13. Anorexia (Lack of appetite): Mix equal quantity of Atees powder and dry ginger together and store it. After that, take half spoon of this mixture before one hour of meals to cure anorexia.
14. Diarrhoea (Loose-motion):
- Mix equal quantity of powder of Indian atees and powder of bengle quince. After that, take half spoon mixture thrice a day to get relief in loose-motions.
- In diarrhoea and blood disorders caused by bile, take three grams Atees powder and three grams powder of holarrhena Antidysentrica wall (Indrazav) with two spoons honey to get relief.
15. Bed wetting: Mix one gram Atees powder with two grams barbering powder and give it to children thrice a day. Using this process is useful to end bed wetting.
16. Over thirst:
- Boil ten grams Atees powder with one liter water until remain 800 milliliters water then put it down. Filter this decoction and make cold. After that, give this decoction to the patient while thirst caused by fever, loose motions due to excessive warmth and cholera.
- Make a decoction by boiling Indian atees and birch with water and thereafter give it to the patient, it quenches excessive thirst.
17. Tonic (Powerful body):
- Grind equal quantity of Atees, bamboo manna (Vanslochan) and cardamom together. After that, take one spoon mixture with one cup mixed milk of honey regularly to increase the body strength.
- Mix 2-3 grams Atees powder with some small cardamom and bamboo manna (Vanshlochan) powder and thereafter give it to the patient with mixed milk of sugar candy. Using this process enhances the body strength. It is also nutritive and useful to cure diseases.
- Mix wet Atees with milk and give it to the patient to drink. It makes the body strong and increases sexual power too.
18. Mouth diseases: Boil twenty grams crushed Atees and fifteen grams barbering with 500 ml water until it remains ¼ parts then put it down and make cold. Mix sugar candy in this preparation and prepare syrup from it. After that, five grams ground Choukiya borax’s toasted rice (Kheel) in this mixture. Five drops of mixture should be given with cow milk to one year old child as well rub Mahalakshadia oil on the child body. Using this process develops the body and makes strong. It is also useful to cure cough, asthma, indigestion and others.
19. Breathing problems (Cough):
- Mix five grams Atees powder with two spoons honey and give it to the patient to lick. It is useful to cure cough.
- Mix two grams Atees and one gram orrisa root with two spoons honey. After that, lick this mixture to get relief in breathing cough.
20. Vomiting: Take two grams powder of cobra’s saffron with one gram Atees powder to prevent vomiting.
21. Digestive power: Mix two grams Atees powder and one gram dry ginger or one gram pepper powder with honey. After that, lick this mixture to increase digestive power.
22. Stomach bile: The person, who suffers from stomach bile, should take twenty milliliters cow urine with two grams Atees powder because it provides relief in this disease.
23. Bloody piles: Mix Atees, resin and camphor together. Burn this mixture in fire and make the patient smell. It provides relief in bloody piles.
24. Sperm deficiency: Give five grams Atees powder to the patient with sweet milk to increase sperm count.
25. Body weakness caused by fever: Give three gram Atees powder to the patient with 125 milligrams iron ash and 500 milligrams dry ginger powder to end body weakness caused by fever.
26. Ulcer and pimples: The patient, who suffers from ulcer and pimples, should take five grams Atees powder and drink Chiretta juice upon it. It removes ulcers and pimples.
- Take 1 gram Atees powder with lukewarm water 4-5 times in a day causes of sweat and to cure fever. It helps to urination clearly.
- The patient should take 2 grams atees powder as dose after every 2 hours before coming fever. It is useful to cure fever.
- Diarrhoea and fever are cured by taking two grams Atees powder with jams of myrabalan chebulie.
- Take about 625 milligrams Atees powder as dose to reduce fever warmth.
- Mix one gram Atees powder with about ¼ grams Kunain (A medicines) and give it to the patient twice or thrice a day. It is useful to cure typhoid.
- In common fever, grind ten grams Atees powder with twenty grams sugar-candy and store it. After that, give one gram this powder to the elder and half gram to children with honey or sweet violet (Banfasa) syrup twice a day to get relief in common fever.
- Mix 625 milligrams atees powder with 200 milligrams green Kasees ash and give it to the patient, it cures fever.
28. Dentition: Make the fine powder by grinding 10 grams Atees and store it. Mix a pinch this powder with breast milk and give it to children twice a day regularly. Using this process provides relief in pain caused by dentition.
29. Flatulence Fever: Taking one gram Atees powder with half gram Kunain powder is useful to cure malaria.
- Take half to two grams Atees powder twice a day to get relief in sprue and excessive loose-motions (sprue).
- Make the powder by grinding five grams Atees, five grams nut-grass and galls together and store it. After that, give ¼ grams this powder to the patient with honey to lick to cure fever and loose-motions.
- Grind thick five grams Atees, five grams dry ginger, five grams cyperus (nut-grass) and five grams Holarrhena Antidysentrica wall (Indrazav) together. Boil this mixture with 300 ml water until it remains ¼ parts then put it down and make cold and thereafter this mixture should be filtered. Mix half to one spoon this mixture with water and give it to the patient in the morning, it prevents loose motions.
- Make the powder by grinding Atees and eagle wood together. After that, give it to the patient as dose, it provides relief in diarrhoea.
- Licking two grams Atees powder with honey twice a day is useful to get relief in sprue and diarrhoea or loose motions.
31. Bloody dysentery: Take one gram Atees powder and 500 milligrams liquorices powder with lukewarm water twice a day to get relief in bloody dysentery.
32. Stomach worms: Take ¼ gram powder of Atees and barbering together to destroy stomach worms and ends stomachache.
33. Guineaworms (Which occurs due to drink polluted water): Grind Atees, nut-grass, clerodendron serratum spreng (Bharangi), dry ginger, long pepper and beleric myrabalan (Bahera) fifteen grams each together and thereafter filter it. After that, take ten grams this powder stale mouth in the morning to get relief in above disease.
34. Children diseases:
- Make the powder by grinding tuber root of Indian atees and fill it in a bottle. This powder is useful to many types of diseases of children. Mix about ¼ grams to one gram this powder with honey and give it to children to lick according to children age twice or thrice a day. Using this process provides relief in all the types of fever of children.
- If any child suffers from diarrhoea and amoebic dysentery, give 2 grams powder of indian atees to the suffered child and thereafter grind 2 grams soaked dry ginger (this dry ginger should be soaked in water for 8 hours) and give it to the suffered child to drink. This medicine should be taken until it prevents diarrhoea regularly.
- Grind ten grams Atees and ten grams sugar with honey. After that, give half gram this mixture to the child to lick twice a day to get relief in diarrhoea.
- Grind equal quantity of Atees, nut-grass and galls together and thereafter mix it with honey. After that, give this sauce to the patient to lick twice or thrice a day to get relief in children diseases.
- Grind Indian atees and soak it in 10 folds water at overnight. In the next morning, boil this mixture until turns into dark like honey then prepare tablets equal of half gram from this mixture and dry under the shadow. 3 tablets should be taken after every 3 hours in cholera and 3 tablets again and again in day in plague disease. It is very useful treatment to prevent diarrhoea.
- Give Atees powder to the suffered children with powder of extract of Indian barbering to cure fever with loose-motions.
- Give Atees powder and barbering powder with honey to the suffered child. It destroys intestinal worms.
- Mix about 120 mg. Atees powder with breast milk and give it to the suffered child twice or thrice a day to destroy stomach worms.
- Giving Atees powder to the suffered child with honey to lick twice or thrice a day alleviates rat’s poison as well as ground atees should be applied on the affected part with cow urine.
- Mix Atees powder with milk or water and give it to the suffered child to prevent colored and light loose-motions.
- If any child suffers from throat blisters or hoarseness, mix Atees powder with honey and give it to the suffered child to lick as well as apply it on the blisters with the help of cotton. Using this process provides relief in blisters.
- One should formant the eyes with light hot decoction of Atees as well as grind Indian atees with rosewater and coat it around the eyes in each finger distance. After sometimes, wash the eyes with Atees decoction to get relief in eyes diseases.
- Mix ground Atees with cow urine and make light. After that, coat this preparation on affected part to end swelling.
- Only Indian atees is useful to cure fever. This Indian atees can be used in the condition of acute fever too. Giving Atees with basil juice to the patient cures malaria fever too. It must be given to children, who suffer from malaria fever. If the fever becomes reduce and patient suffers from light fever, make a decoction by boiling atees, neem bark and tinospora with thereafter give it to the patient in enough quantity. It is useful to cure remained fever or light fever. It enhances the body strength increases appetite and sperm count too. It is more beneficial for pregnant women fever than the other medicines. It does not give any harm to embryos.
35. Body Swelling:
- Grind atees seeds with milk and coat it on the body to prevent body swelling.
- Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of Atees, costus root, Shaktu, Kinnva and sesame together and thereafter boil it with water. Body swelling ends by applying it on the body.
- Grind equal quantity of fried seeds of Atees and sesame with milk. This paste should be applied on the affected part to end body swelling.