Hydnocarpus trees are found on the West Mountains of South India and mostly in Sri Lanka. Its seed and seed’s oil are used in the medicines.
Name in different languages:
English : Hydnocarpus oil.
Hindi : Chalmugra, Chalmongra, Papita.
Sanskrit : Tuvrac, Katucpith, Kusth bairi.
Marathi : Kaduc veeth, Kaduc bathi,
Bengali : Chaulmugra.
Telugu : Advivaadamoo.
Parsian : Biranjamogra.
Bad effects Removal: Milk and ghee should be used to remove the bad effects of Hydnocarpus.
Structure: Hydnocarpus tree is very attractive. The height of this tree is about fifty feet or more than it. Its leaves are 30 centimeters long, 5 to 12 centimeters wide, in garland shape, smooth, soft, shiny and sharp from front part like custard apple leaves. Its flowers are white in bunches and unisexual. Its male and female flowers appear on different trees.
Quality: Hydnocarpus oil is useful medicine to cure leprosy. Now-a-days its oil is also used by injections.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Scrofula: Taking 1 gram powder of hydnocarpus fruit’s pod thrice a day is useful to cure scrofula. Mix hydnocarpus oil with butter and coat it on the affected portion; it provides relief in scrofula.
2. Senselessness: Rub the powder of hydnocarpus seeds on the head; it ends unconsciousness.
3. Tuberculosis (T.B): Take 5-6 drops of hydnocarpus oil with milk twice a day or mix its oil with butter and rub on chest. It is good treatment to cure T.B.
4. Diabetes (Madhumeh): Taking 1 spoon powder of hydnocarpus fruit kernel thrice a day is useful to cure diabetes. This medicine should not be taken after curing diabetes.
5. Rheumatism: Take 1 gram powder of hydnocarpus seeds thrice a day; it cures rheumatism.
6. Ringworm: Mix hydnocarpus oil with butter or neem oil and rub it on ringworm. Its use cures ringworm within 1 month. Mix 10 ml hydnocarpus oil with 50 grams Vaseline and store it. Using this preparation regularly is useful to cure ringworm.
7. Leprosy: Drink 10 drops hydnocarpus oil; it brings out all disorder of the body caused by vomiting. This step should be followed first of all. After that, fill 5-6 drops of hydnocarpus oil in the capsule or mix with butter or milk and take twice a day after meals. It is useful to cure leprosy. Oil quantity should be increased till 60 drops. Mix this oil with neem oil and rub on the body, it is useful. Taking this medicine in the starting of leprosy (korah) is useful to cure leprosy. Tamarind and spices should not be taken during treatment.
8. Blood disorder:
- If nails become black or another disease is present in the blood, fill 5 drops of hydnocarpus oil in the capsules or take with butter twice a day. It is useful to end blood disorders.
- Mix hydnocarpus oil with 4 fold neem oil or butter. Apply this preparation on the body; it cures blood disorder.
10. Itching: Mix hydnocarpus oil, castor oil, sulphur, camphor and lemon juice together. Apply this mixture on the affected part; it cures itching.
11. Scabies (Pama):
- Grind hydnocarpus seeds along with peel and mix it with castor oil. Apply this preparation on affected part; it cures scabies.
- Grind hydnocarpus seeds with cow urine and apply it on scabies 2-3 times a day. Its use reduces the pain of scabies.
12. Syphilis: If the patient has been suffering from syphilis in the whole body and chronic rheumatism, 5-6 drops of hydnocarpus oil should be given to him in the beginning and increase its dosage till 60 drops. Its use cures syphilis. Tamarind and spices should not be taken during this treatment. Ghee and milk should be taken in much quantity.
13. Filling wounds: Grind hydnocarpus seeds to make the fine powder and apply on the affected part, its use stops bleeding and fills wound.
14. Cholera: Mix 1 gram powder of hydnocarpus fruit’s pod with water and give to the patient 2-3 times a day. It is useful to cure cholera.
15. Leprosy (Korh): Apply hydnocarpus oil; it cures leprosy.
16. Skin diseases: Taking 5 drops of hydnocarpus oil with butter or cream or ghee is useful to cure the skin diseases. Oil quantity should be increased till 60 drops after starting to 5 drops. This oil provides relief to the leprosy patient, and it is also useful to end scabies and itching.