Appendix tube of the stomach remains closed at one side viz if any foodstuff or other thing reaches in this tube, there are no other way to come out this thing. Inflammation occurs in the appendix of the stomach due to constipation, excessive use of meat and entangling a thorn of fish or a piece of small bone. This inflammation is called ‘Appendicitis’. Mostly, this disease takes young people in its grasp than children and old person and male than female. This disease also grasps carnivorous (non-vegetarian) easily. Severe pain occurs with inflammation. Sometimes pain becomes as dangerous as the patient is dead due to it. In this situation, entangled things are taken out with the help of operation of the appendix tube. These types of diseases occur due to eating much or having meal hastily (in hurry).
The disease named ‘Appendicitis’ was also known by the names of ‘Tiflitis’ and ‘Varitifijitij’ in ancient time. This disease originates due to indigestion. Mostly, this disease occurs easily in the patients of gout and rheumatism if they suffer from indigestion.
In appendicitis, pain occurs on the right side of the stomach and sometimes this pain persists constantly for many weeks if starts once. After that, the patient suffers from fever and intestinal diseases as pain aggravates gradually. This type of symptom is the initial symptom of this disease. This disease causes other diseases too in the lack of treatment or delay in treatment and the patient reaches at the mouth of death. It is a serious disease and operation is must for curing it. But if homeopathy treatment is used for curing it in its early stage, there is no need of operation. In this disease, the patient suffers from left side unbearable pain at the lower side of the stomach which aggravates if stomach is touched. Vomiting, severe fever and inflammation of the appendix are the other symptoms of it. Consult a doctor immediately. If this disease occurs again and again, there is only one treatment and that is operation.
Symptoms of appendicitis:
The symptoms of this disease are as fierce headache, unable in bearing fierce light, vomiting, coat on the tongue, constipation, gas in the stomach which does not eliminate, severe pain in the right side of the navel, temperature more than 100-104 degree and sometimes enlargement of the liver or spleen. For the treatment of such disease, homeopathy medicines are more useful.
Use of different medicines in several symptoms originating with appendicitis:
1. Acon: If the patient of appendicitis suffers from severe fever, he should take Acon 3x.
2. Belladonna: If such symptoms as headache, red face, pain like throbbing and improper work of mind with appendicitis, etc. are found in the patient, he can get relief soon by taking 3x potencies of Belladonna.
3. Bryonia alba: if the patient of appendicitis suffers from these symptoms as inflammation with pricking pain in the stomach which aggravates as the patient moves and constipation goes on persisting all the time, etc., he should take 6x potencies of Bryonia alba medicine for getting relief from all these symptoms.
4. Rhus toxicodendron: The symptoms of appendicitis patient in which pain reduces by moving, the use of 6th potencies of Rhus Toxicodendron proves very beneficial.
5. Mercurius corrosivus: If the symptoms of the patient of appendicitis are as yellow coating on the tongue, flatulence and wounds, the use of 6th potencies of Mercurius Corrosivus provides much relief.
6. Lachesis : If the patient of appendicitis suffers from these symptoms as biting pain in the right side of the stomach in which the patient is not able to bear even the touch of clothes near the waist and vomiting with fever, etc., he should take 30th potency of the medicine Lachesis for getting relief. If pain is like pricking with inflammation especially after vaccination or sensation of inflammation in the appendicitis, the use of 30th potency of the medicine Apis Mellifica proves more beneficial than the use of 30th potency of Lachesis. If the patient does not get relief by taking Lachesis or Apis mellifica, he should take 30th potency of the medicine Myris.
7. Arsenic: Sometimes the patient of appendicitis feels as if he will die due to pain and the patient suffers from these symptoms as constant desires for drinking water with red tongue and quenching thirst only by drinking little water. The patient tosses in the bed and he suffers from lethargy too. In this case, the patient should take 3x-30th potencies of Arsenic.
8. Magnesium phosphorus:- If the patient of appendicitis suffers from violent pain, he should take 2x potency of Magnesium Phosphorus with hot water at the interval of 10-15 minutes. Its use provides a lot of relief.
9. Hepar-sulphur: 6th potency of Hepar sulphur is used if pus makes in the intestines of the patient of appendicitis.
10. Merc-sol and Belladonna: In the case of appendicitis, the patient should take 3x potency of Merc-sol or 3x potency of Belladonna at an interval of 30-30 minutes. Its regular use provides a lot or relief.
11. Iris tenex: If the patient of appendicitis suffers from violent pain in the right side of the stomach and pain is increased if painful area is touched, he should take 3x or 30th potency of Iris tenex. Its use provides a lot of relief.
12. Mother tincture of Dioscorea: If the patient of appendicitis suffers from such symptoms as constant pain, gas problem in the stomach, torsion and getting relief by bending backward, etc., the patient should take few drops of the mother tincture of Dioscorea by mixing hot water in it. This medicine should take until pain ends. If the patient gets relief by bending forward, he should take 30th potency of Colocynth.
13. Merc-sol or Belladonna: If the patient of appendicitis suffers from violent pain, he should take 3x potency of Merc-sol and 3x potency of Belladonna regularly. Its use provides relief within few hours.
14. Lachesis: If the patient of appendicitis suffers from cutting pain in the right side of the stomach, flatulence, excessive irritation, feeling excessive pain if stomach is touched, etc., he should take 6x potency of Lachesis at an interval of 2-2 hours. 3x powder of this medicine should be taken with this treatment.
15. Lycopodium: The patient of appendicitis should take 1m of Lycopodium once in 15-20 days or a month if new diseases originate. If the patient of appendicitis suffers from such symptoms as pain in the right side which reaches towards urinary bladder, flatulence, aggravation of disease betweem 4-8 pm, desiring for sweet things and hot beverages, etc., he should take 1m of Lycopodium.
Besides it, the patient should take Lycopodium if the patient of appendicitis feels pain in the left side due to cold.
Use of other medicines in appendicitis:
Besides above medicines, the patient needs other medicine also. These medicines are as 3x potency of Veratrum, 6x potency of Colocynthus and 30th potency of Sulphur. 200x potency of Sulphur is used in the worse condition of this disease. Its use provides relief soon.
Treatment of this disease by some simple experiment:
The stomach should be fomented by filling hot water in a bottle. Lukewarm water should be drunk again and again. Operation is necessary if disease becomes worse.