This is a disease characterized by sudden onset of incessant vomiting and purging (both resembling rice-water in character). It is a type of infectious disease that occurs due to the infection of the bacteria called ‘Vibriyo cholera’ with food or drink. In the serious case of this disease, about 1 liter water is passed out from the body within an hour. Sometimes, in this serious condition, patient can die also. Mostly, children below 5 years are suffered from this disease.
- This disease can occur after infection by eatables.
- Cholera also occurs due to living and wandering in the infected areas.
- If a healthy person comes in contact of the sufferer’s breathe, he can also infected by this disease.
- The bacteria are found plentifully in the excreta (stool and vomit) of sufferers that is mixed in the air around them or entered in any food or drink, then that food or drink imports this disease.
- It is also due to taking infected food or water by the bacteria named ‘Vibriyo Cholera’.
Other reasons of cholera:-
- Taking sour, unripe fruits or rotten (decayed) things like- fish or meat, etc.
- It can be also due to taking chingari fish, crabs, fatty things, rice, crisp, puffed bread, boiled rise of new and other kinds of polluted substances, etc.
- Making fast, living in polluted environment, sleeplessness, drinking polluted water or taking additional intoxicating materials, etc. are the reasons of this disease.
- It can be also originated by much cold or heat.
- If a person does not follow the common healthy rules and does not live according to the changes in weather, this disease occurs.
Several types of symptoms are found in the cholera patient like- loose motions as rice washed water, water of rotten gourd or as froth with vomiting without smell, etc. The patient starts feeling weakness slowly in his body. The face is shrunk inwards, feels violent thirst, lack of appetite, shrinking the eyes inwards, lack of facial glow, much weakness in the body, appearing wrinkles on the skin, convulsions in the muscles, low blood pressure, fast pulse rate, becoming the fingers wrinkled, cold sweating and difficulty in breathing, etc.
Two types of cholera are known:-
Simple Cholera: - It is also called cholerine or violent dysentery. Sometimes, it can be converted into Asiatic cholera.
Symptoms of Simple Cholera:-
- In this type, first of all, bile mixed or green colored loose motions come and later bile does not come.
- In this case, patient feels convulsions in his stomach, but not in the upper organs.
- Mostly, pain like stretching occurs around the navel.
- The body temperature falls slowly, but he does not become lazy.
- The body color of the sufferer does not change or little change.
- Simple cholera always comes due to improper and wrong diet.
- Urine is not suppressed in this condition.
Asiatic or Virulent Cholera: -
It is called natural cholera.
Symptoms of Asiatic cholera:-
- In this type, first of all, loose motions without bile are found in the patient.
- In this case, patient feels pain in his stomach.
- In this case, patient feels spasm in toes and then multiplied to the hands and legs.
- The temperature of the body rose up suddenly and the patient starts to become inactive.
- Urine is suppressed.
- Entering bacteria in the body is the main reason of this type.
- The nails of the sufferer are changed into blue and then all the body part are also changed into blue.
There are several stages of cholera:-
- Collapse stage: - It is the most serious condition of cholera. Most of the patient dies in this condition. In this condition, loose motions and vomiting is completely stopped with several types of other symptoms like- becoming vomiting violent with the feeling of thirst, feeling restlessness, vomiting of water with difficulty after drinking water, unconsciousness after frequent vomiting, etc. after such symptoms, vital power is decreased, the body becomes cold like an ice, the lips are converted into blue and the whole body is turned into dusty or yellow, the eyes is shrunken inwards, the facial glow disappear, the eyes become red, hoarseness, suppression of urine, etc. Duration of this stage is 12 to 36 hours.
- Incipient stage: - The period from entering bacteria of cholera to coming frothy loose motions, is called incipient stage. Its duration is about 1-2 hours to 4 days. In this stage, the body temperature is decreased with the feeling of weakness, dizziness, inactiveness, sleeplessness, appetite is dulled, nauseate, distaste, feeling heaviness or pain in the stomach, etc. symptoms are found in this stage.
- Reaction stage: - If vomiting is stopped and pulse is not found and the patient does not die and pulse is again starts to appear, it is called ‘Reaction stage’. After such symptoms, symptoms of fully developed stage appear. In this stage, several symptoms are found like- the body starts to heat slowly with loose motions and vomiting mixed bile in it and vital power starts to decrease.
- Complicated stage- In this stage, blood circulates in several parts of the body and the part which is more weak, is affected easily with several types of other symptoms also found like- fever, retention of urine, vomiting or nauseate, hiccup, flatulence, boils, watery loose motions, burning sensation in the ear and the lungs, etc.
- Developed stage- Loose motions and vomiting come like froth or rice washed water with appearing the following symptoms like- nauseate, dusty face, violent thirst, changing the body color, cold sweating from the body, suppression of urine slowly with weak pulse, feeling pain in the stomach, hoarseness, rumbling sound, convulsion in hands and legs, inactiveness in the body and restlessness, dryness of the mouth and the lips, etc. it can persist from 4 hours to 24 hours.
Treatment of cholera according to symptoms:-
- Simple cholera- Treatment of this stage, different drugs should be used like- Elaterium 3, China 6, Ipecac 6, Irish 3 or Croton 6, etc.
- Stage of Natural cholera:- It occurs in several forms like-
- Diarrheal cholera or stage of intestinal cholera- In this stage, loose motions come frequently in large quantity. If this type of symptom is found in the patient, Veretrum 6 or Risinus 3 can be used.
- Vomiting stage (duodenal cholera) - In this stage, frequent vomiting come that make the patient vex and he goes on feeling nauseate. Treatment of this stage with Arsenic-alb 6 is appropriate.
- Intestinal-duodenal cholera or loose motions and vomiting take place together- For the treatment of this stage, using Risinus 3, Arsenic 6, and Veretrum-alb 6 is very beneficial.
- Bloody loose motions with vomiting in the case of cholera- In this stage, bloody loose motions or bloody vomiting come. To cure this stage, taking Carbo-veg 6, Merc-cor 6, Phosphorus 3, Acon 1x, Iris 3x or Cantharis 3 is very beneficial.
- Cholera with fever- In this stage, loose motions and vomiting take place with increasing body temperature. For the treatment of such patient, using Risinus 3x, Rhus-tox 6, Baptisia 1x to 6, Bryonia 3, Acon 1x or Belladonna 6 is very beneficial.
- Stiffness with cholera- In this stage, the patient starts suffering from intensive stiffness or stretchiness. For the treatment of such patient, using Secale 6, Cuprum 6 or Cuprum arsenicum 3x is very effective.
- Dryness of the body, loose motions and vomiting with cholera- In this stage, collapse stage occurs before loose motions and vomiting and the condition of disease becomes too serious. For the treatment of this stage, taking Acid-hydro 6, Tabacum 60, mother tincture of Camphor or Arsenic 3x to 6 is very beneficial.
- Paralysis cholera- In the initial stage of this stage, the body is turned into blue; the hritpind becomes insensitive; feeling pressure on the chest, having difficulty in breathing, pulse becomes weak and the patient goes on lying down as unconscious, etc. Thus for the treatment of such symptoms, taking Nicotine 3, Veretrum 3x (trituration), Arsenicum album 6 or Veretrum alb 6 is very beneficial.
Treatment of attacking stage of cholera-
- If cholera has occurred due to exposure to cold, Camphor is very useful to cure it.
- Camphor is also very beneficial in the cases of collapse cholera with loose motions and vomiting or paralysis cholera.
- If vomiting comes more than loose motions or collapse stage has aggravated due to vomiting, Arsenic should be used according to symptoms instead of Camphor.
2. Arsenic-alb- If cholera has occurred due to eating additional fruits or drinking icy watery and watery offensive loose motions come without pain and disordering is found in the lower section of the stomach, fearing about death, burning sensation takes place in the stomach, breathing is fast but it has ameliorated after drinking even little water and following symptoms are found like- excessive weakness, restlessness, loose motions and vomiting or only vomiting, aggravating symptoms after midnight or taking cold things, etc., for the treatment of such symptoms, Arsenic-alb 6 should be used.
- If the patient has symptoms like- loose motions due to eating fruits, painless watery loose motions, stinky loose motions in large quantity, aggravation of symptoms after midnight, yellow watery loose motions and undigested food comes in loose motion, etc. with other symptoms like- flatulence, roaring sound producing in the stomach, destroying additional blood of the body or emission additionally, producing sound ‘Bhon-Bhon’ in the ears, etc., taking China 3 or 6 is very beneficial.
- If cholera has occurred due to destroying blood and sperm, China should be used for its treatment.
4. Acid-phos- If painless loose motion is taking place in brown appearance or is changed in its chronic form or cholera has occurred due to involving too much in sexual intercourse and symptoms are aggravating by lying down on the right side after taking meals, etc., using Acid-phos 3 is very beneficial for its treatment.
- If the patient is suffering from sudden fast loose motions like bullet or syringe, watery loose motions in deep green or light yellow appearance, loose motions of undigested food, nauseate or vomiting, stretching pain around the navel, etc., use Croton-tig 3 for its treatment.
- If loose motions or vomiting is taking place just after eating or drinking anything, using Croton-tig is very effective for its treatment.
5. Bryonia- If a cholera patient has following symptoms like- coming watery loose motions mixed with blood in large quantity, loose motions as thick like boiled rice water, in green appearance or watery loose motions mixed with blood, loose motions of undigested food, rotten or stinky loose motions, fever, dryness of the mouth and tongue, violent thirst, headache, pungent taste, nauseate, bitter vomiting in yellow or green appearance, pain in the stomach, moving the head, desire for drinking cold or sour things, fever and talkative, etc., taking Bryonia 3 is very beneficial to cure such patient.
6. Baptisia- Baptisia 1x or 6 should be used in the cases of watery offensive loose motions in yellow appearance, loose motions coming with blood and mucus, vomiting and nauseate, coming offensive smell while breathing, smell from sweat, complete and soft pulse, fever, pain in the back, over lethargy, facial color is deep red, excessive affection, feeling as if stomach is contracting inwards, lack of sleep or deep sleep, middle section of the tongue is yellow and brown and edges of it are red and shiny, painless cramps in the stomach, etc.
7. Phosphorus- If symptoms related with cholera are found in the patient like- loose motions without pain, loose motions in green appearance or like mucus, excretion unknowingly, aggravation of symptoms after eating hot things, loose motions due to eating additional salt, watery loose motions without pain, hot vomiting, coming sago with stools, etc., using Phosphorus 6 is very beneficial.
- If cholera has occurred due to eating rotten or salty fish, meat or stale food, ice-cream, icy watery or butter, etc., taking Carbo-veg 6 or 30 is very beneficial.
- If cholera has occurred in old or thin person or those who work in sunlight or near fire, Carbo-veg is used.
- In different symptoms like- vomiting of blood, loose motions in red appearance and becoming the whole body as cold, etc., Carbo-veg should be used to cure such symptoms.
9. Risinus- If cholera has occurred with other symptoms like- loose motions and vomiting in large volume, pain without stretchiness, etc., using Risinus 3x is very beneficial for its treatment.
- If cholera has occurred due to angry or disgust with other symptoms like- hot and sour loose motions that scratches skin and offensive smell comes out from loose motions, etc., Chamomilla 6 should be taken for its treatment.
- If watery greenish loose motion mixed with bile is coming while dentition and pain is taking place, cramps are decreased in the stomach after loose motions, etc., using Chamomilla is very effective.
11. Antim-tart- With cholera, if the sufferer is suffering from intensive nauseate and whirring sound in the throat, but phlegm does not come out even little, feeling difficulty in breathing, etc., taking Antim-tart 6 is beneficial for its treatment.
- If following symptoms are found in cholera patient like- hot loose motions and vomiting or loose motions without pain, lack of thirst or violent thirst, etc., taking Podophyllum 6 is appropriate for its treatment.
- In the case of cholera while dentition, taking Podophyllum is very beneficial.
13. Pulsatilla- When cholera has occurred due to taking fatty food, oil or ghee or by taking any type of eatables and other symptoms are also found- lack of thirst, aggravation of symptoms at night, etc., using Pulsatilla 6 is very beneficial. If such symptoms are found in a woman or soft natured men, this drug is very useful.
14. Merc-vivus- In the case of symptoms like- amoebic loose motions with blood, cramps in the stomach, additional salivation, etc. are found in cholera patient, using Merc-vivus 6x is very beneficial to cure such patient. In the case of cholera, if blood is coming out with loose motions and vomiting, this drug is very effective.
Treatment of developed form of cholera-
15. Veretrum-album- If loose motions and vomiting are coming additionally like rice washed water with following symptoms- retention of urine, violent thirst, thin pulse like thread, pain in the stomach before loose motions, cold sweating, becoming the eyes balls as small, cramping in the hands and legs, stiffness in the lower section of the stomach, feeling coldness on the tongue while breathing (inhaling and exhaling), becoming the function of the hritpind as weak, becoming the whole body as cold and blue, dirty and thin face, etc., Veretrum-album 6, 30 or 200 should be used.
- In the case of cholera, if spasm and stretchiness are found in the patient with several types of symptoms, taking Cuprum-met 6, 12 or 30 is very beneficial to cure it.
- In the case of Asiatic or virulent cholera with stiffness, when eaten food is coming out in the form of vomiting due to much stimulation in the food pipe, Cuprum should be used. It enhances the ability of digestion.
17. Cantharis- If symptoms related with cholera are found in cholera like- loose motions mixed with blood or loose motions like washed water of meat or loose motions like while skin, loose motions mixed with bloody mucus, bloody vomiting, blood comes with urine, retention of urine, becoming the hands and legs or the upper section of the body as cold, etc., using Cantharis 3x or 6 is very beneficial.
18. Rhus-tox- If following symptoms are found in a cholera patient like- loose motions like- mixed with mucus, washed water of meat, watery yellow or mixed with blood; thick, watery or yellow smelly loose motions or odor less loose motions mixed with blood, redness on the tip of the tongue, lack of appetite, violent thirst, desires for drinking cold milk, producing many voices in the stomach, sleep like unconsciousness, etc., taking Rhus-tox 6 is very beneficial for its treatment. This drug is very useful to cure cholera with fever.
19. Aconite Radix-
- Becoming the whole body as cold with loose motions and vomiting, falling the entire body as blue, dirty face, having difficulty while breathing, violent pain in the stomach, vomiting as black greenish or like bile and watery loose motions, vertigo, retention of urine, cold breathing, weak pulse, etc. Thus, to cure such symptoms, Aconite Radix 1x or its mother tincture should be used.
- In the case of cholera, if the function of the hritpind becomes slow due to occurring its collapse stage, but palpitation is normal, fear about death and feeling restlessness, occurring ending stage of it with nodular loose motions, etc. Thus, to cure such symptoms of the patient, Aconite Radix 1x should be used. In the case of resulting stage of cholera, if fever comes, Belladonna 3x and Aconite Radix 1x should be used.
- If cholera has occurred due to chicken pos, Antim-tart is beneficial to cure it.
- If the hritpind stops functioning in ending stage of cholera, treatment with Antim-tart is very beneficial.
21. Iris-varsa - When following symptoms are found in the cholera patient like- white or bile mixed loose motions, sour smelly loose motions and vomiting with pain in the lower section of the stomach and around the navel, bloody vomiting, vomiting of eaten food and then vomiting of bile comes, burning sensation from the internal part of the mouth to the anus, aggravation of symptoms after midnight, sweating and burning sensation in the mouth, etc., Iris-varsa 3x should be used.
22. Risinus- In the case of cholera, if watery loose motions is coming in large volume, cold sweating from the head, fever has also come, cramping takes place in the body, the stomach is feeling burning sensation and urine has suppressed, etc., taking Risinus 3x or 6 is appropriate for its treatment.
23. Elaterium- In the case of cholera, if following symptoms are found like- watery frothy loose motions and vomiting mixed with bile without pain, flatulence and stomachache, feeling cold and yawning, etc., Elaterium 3 should be used to cure disease.
24. Tabacum- In the case of following symptoms like- cold sweating from the body with loose motions and vomiting, cold or hot body, vomiting and nauseate by moving, feeling nauseate and vomiting after stopping loose motions, falling both the hands cold like ice, cold body but hot stomach, cramping in the legs, chest palpitation, etc., using Tabacum 6 is very beneficial to cure such symptoms of the patient.
25. Cuprum-ars- Cuprum-ars 6x should be used when following symptoms are found in case of cholera- spasm or stiffness with violent pain in the stomach.
26. Phosphorus- In symptoms like- roaring in the stomach and loose motions with loud sound of roaring, vomiting even after drinking little water due to becoming the stomach as hot, loose motion in green, yellow or light blue in appearance or mixed with bile or mucus, watery loose motions of indigestion, red watery loose motions mixed with additional blood or pus or like washed water of meat, bloody vomiting, bloody vomiting mixed with bile or mucus or eaten food, etc., Phosphorus 3 or 6 should be used to cure such symptoms.
27. Ipecac- Ipecac 6 is used to cure cholera patient when he has following symptoms like- fast violent or vomiting with loose motions mixed with blood in shiny red appearance. Ipecac 3x can be also used to cure this stage of the patient.
28. Merc-dulsis- Taking Merc-dulsis 1x or 3x is very beneficial to cure such symptoms of the patient like- loose motions mixed with amoebic material and blood and also little bile or greenish watery loose motions with pain in the stomach, profuse vomiting, feeling too lethargy in the body, etc.
- If loose motion is coming mixed with blood and mucus during cholera or cholera has occurred after dysentery with cramping and violent pain in the stomach, etc., Merc-cor 3 or 6 is very effective to cure such symptoms.
- Using this drug is very effective in the cases of bloody loose motions, bloody vomiting, coming urine mixed with blood.
30. Croton-tig- If yellow loose motion is coming suddenly with force like syringe, fast pressure in the duodenum, vomiting of water or other watery (thin) things, etc., Croton-tig 3 or 6 is very effective.
31. Jatropha- If following symptoms are found in case of cholera like- watery loose motions in white appearance, cold sweating, falling whole the body cold, cramping in the hands and legs, roaring in the stomach, etc., taking Jatropha 3 or 6 is very beneficial.
Treatment of collapse stage of cholera:-
32. Veretrum-alb- If collapse stage of cholera has occurred after loose motions and vomiting, Veretrum-alb is very useful. 6th or 30th potency of this drug should be used for the treatment of disease.
33. Arsenic- If following symptoms related with cholera are found in the patient like- occurring collapse stage due to loose motions and vomiting, burning sensation in the entire body, restlessness, difficulty in breathing and retention of urine, etc., Arsenic 6 is used to cure such symptoms.
34. Cuprum or Secale- If collapse stage has occurred due to stretch or cramps in the body or if the possibility of obstruction in breathing and cramps are found in this stage and if the fingers are curved due to stiffness in them, etc., using Cuprum 6 is appropriate for its treatment. Secale 6 can be also used to cure such symptoms.
35. Cobra or Naja- When Arsenic makes no impression in cholera and following symptoms have occurred like- difficulty in breathing, use Naja 6 or if the patient fallen like a dead body, is not able to swallow anything, pulse has become like thread and having difficulty in breathing, etc., Cobra should be used.
36. Nicotine- If well chosen drugs make no impression in cholera, Nicotine 3, 6 or 30 should be used. While using this drug, following symptoms should be considered as- cold sweating from the head, vomiting with loose motions, retention of urine, etc.
37. Carbo-veg- Taking Carbo-veg 6, 12 or 30 is very beneficial in collapse stage. While using this drug, following symptoms should be considered in the patient like- contracting the eyes inwards, falling whole the body as ice, weak pulse, hoarseness or voice does not come out clearly, flatulence after stopping loose motions and vomiting, sweating from the head and throat as drops, etc. If the cholera patient is feeling difficulty in breathing, burning sensation in the entire body and the whole body has changed in blue, etc., using Carbo-veg is very beneficial.
38. Acid-hydro- Acid-hydro 3 or 6 is used when the patient has following symptoms like- shrinking the eyes and mouth in the absence of loose motions and vomiting, he is not able to swallow water, take out breath slowly, the body becomes like a dead body, the face is turned into blue, cold sweating, falling the entire body cold, absence of pulse, dilated eyes balls, partial opened eyes, becoming the nails of the hands and legs in blue and their front part is contracted, unconsciousness and sound like ‘Goon-Goon’ producing in the stomach, difficulty in breathing, etc., using Acid-hydro 3 or 6 is very beneficial.
39. Kali-cynatum- In the absence of loose motions and vomiting in cholera, use Acid-hydro, but if it makes no impression and following symptoms are found in the patient like- has no any symptoms of living but only feels expansion of the chest, etc., using Kali-cynatum 3x (trituration) is very beneficial.
40. Cicuta- In cholera, if the sufferer has difficulty in breathing, stiffness, hiccup is coming; the back is curved like a bow, etc., Cicuta 6 is very beneficial for its treatment.
41. Lachesis- In cholera, if following symptoms are found like- unconsciousness just after the attacks of asiatic or virulent cholera as if thunder has fallen on the patient and loose motions and vomiting start unknowingly, etc., Lachesis 6 is appropriate for its treatment.
42. Agaricus- If collapse stage of cholera has occurred in the patient and he feels as if his body is pricking with icy needle, stomach start throbbing and urine is suppressed also, he goes on trying to run away from the bed, etc., Agaricus 6 should be used for its treatment.
Treatment of reaction stage of cholera:-
When this stage occurs in a cholera patient, any drug should not be used. In this stage, only appropriate diet should be taken. After reaction in this stage, if normal loose motions occur 1-2 times, no any drug should be given, but if symptoms start occurring that create troubles for him, above said drug should be given in little dose.
In the case of cholera, water level is decreased in the patient’s body due to loose motions and vomiting and salt level is also decreased in the body due to which, blood in the body becomes thick. So, water should be drunk after mixing salt in it. It is mixed with blood in the body and makes the blood as dilute (thin) so that, it is not able to be accumulated in any part of the body. So, as soon as this stage occurs, water or diluted arrowroot should be drunk after mixing little salt in it.
Treatment of complicated stage of cholera:-
- If loose motions and vomiting start just after occurring this stage of cholera, using Cina 3x – 200 is appropriate for its treatment.
- In this stage, if no any disordering found except fever, using Aconite 3x is very beneficial.
- In this stage, if the eyes have become red after accumulation of blood in the brain, slanting pain in the head and all the veins above the temple, etc. with fever, taking Belladonna 6 or 30 is very beneficial.
- If the patient tries to run away from the bed or pull (stretch) clothes and starts talking, etc. in this stage, Hyoscyamus 6 should be taken.
- When the teeth have sensation due to worms inside the stomach or itching occurs on the tip of the nose, water comes out from the mouth and eyes, symptoms of crying, etc., using Cina 3x is appropriate.
- If the patient behaves like a crazy in this stage and is running to cut around his peoples, using Stramonium 6 is very beneficial for its treatment.
- In the case of cholera, if the patient lies down as unconscious with partial opened eyes, taking Opium 6 or 30 is very beneficial.
- If fever has occurred and the patient is feeling burning sensation in the pharynx in the case of cholera, Bryonia 6 should be used to cure this disease. Phosphorus 6 is also very beneficial to cure this disease.
- If dysentery has occurred with fever, drugs like- Nux-vomica, Merc-cor, Carbo-veg or Acid-phos, etc. should be used.
- If urine has suppressed with fever, Cantharis 6 with Aconite should be used.
- If urine has suppressed with drowsiness due to which, the stomach has expanded with cramps, etc., using Cantharis is very beneficial.
- If urine has suppressed with drowsiness in the case of cholera, use Arsenic 3x.
- If urine has suppressed in the case of cholera and Cantharis makes no impression and pulse has become weak, etc., Terebinthina 6 should be used.
- If pulse become strong after suppression of urine in the case of cholera, Kali-bicrome 6 is very beneficial.
- If ending stage starts in the case of cholera and then reaction stage starts and hiccup goes on coming, using Veretrum 30 or Arsenic 30 is very beneficial.
- If fast hiccup goes on coming frequently with nauseate and ear has closed and the whole body is shivering while hiccup, use Belladonna.
- If the cholera patient feels pain in his digestive organs and feels heaviness, cramps in the stomach, hiccup comes after eating food and urine comes out without desire at the time of hiccup and the stomach produces roaring sound, etc., using Hyoscyamus 6 is very beneficial.
- If the cholera patient is suffering from fast hiccup that causes lethargy, taking Carbo-veg 6 is very useful.
- In the case of cholera, if hiccup comes while smoking or after eating food, taking Pulsatilla 6 is very beneficial.
- If hiccup is coming after eating anything, pain with contraction around the navel and pain takes place in the liver, etc., taking Ignatia 6 is very useful.
- If the cholera patient is suffering from frequent hiccup with nauseate and lack of thirst, etc., Staphysagria 6 should be used to cure such symptoms.
- In the case of cholera, if symptoms of hiccup are found, Antim-tart, Arsenic, Cuprum, Acid-phos or Kcreosote should be used. If these drugs make no impression, use Kali-brome 2x for its treatment.
- In the complicated stage of cholera, if the patient feels frequent nauseate in the absence of vomiting of eaten food, use Ipecac 6 to cure this disease and if nauseate has stopped, taking Antim-tart 6 is very useful.
- If vomiting is coming with the feeling of nauseate in the case of cholera, Nux-vomica 6 should be used. It is very beneficial.
- If Ipecac makes no impression in above symptoms, Nux-vomica should be taken, but Nux-vomica is also failed, use Ipecac.
- weakness have occurred after urination in the case of cholera, taking Acid-phos 6 or 30 is very beneficial.
- If the cholera patient is suffering from burning sensation or pain in the stomach with loose motions and feeling cold, stiffness in the body, etc., taking Camphor is very beneficial.
- If the cholera patient is suffering from less loose motions but much vomiting and the whole body has become cold and voice has also changed, using Camphor is appropriate.
- If cholera has occurred due to indigestion or dysentery or due to exposure to cold, etc., Camphor is very useful to cure this disease.
- When the patient feels little cold in the case of cholera, feeling weakness, having difficulty in breathing (inhaling and exhaling) and burning sensation in the stomach and vertigo, etc., taking Camphor is very beneficial.
- In the case of dry cholera, if loose motions and vomiting do not come, treatment with Camphor is very useful.
- If neuralgic weakness has occurred in a cholera patient and the body has become cold like ice, the hands have also fallen cold like ice, feeling difficulty in breathing, pulse become weak and the body has fallen blue, etc., Camphor should be used.
- In the case of cholera, when loose motions and vomiting have stopped and there is no any reaction found, use Camphor in 1-2 doses.
- If symptoms like pain in the liver, watery loose motions in little quantity mixed with bile, etc. are found in a cholera patient, taking Podophyllum 3 or 30 is very beneficial.
- If symptoms like- little expansion of stomach, yellow stinky loose motions in little volume after producing roaring in the stomach, etc. are found in a cholera patient, using China 6 or 30 is very effective.
- In different symptoms like- loose motions mixed with sticky mucus, pain in the liver, yellow eyes or offensive smell from the mouth, etc., Merc-sol 6 should be used for its treatment.
- If black, watery loose motion is coming in the case of cholera, taking Rhus-tox 6 or Risinus 6 is very beneficial for its treatment.
- If loose motions come mixed with blood in a cholera patient, using Carbo-veg 6 is very beneficial.
- If the cholera patient is suffering from shiny red loose motions, Ipecac 6 or 30 can be used for its treatment.
- If the cholera patient has suffered from watery loose motions with flatulence, Carbo-veg 30 should be used.
- If the patient has complaints of constipation and flatulence, using Lycopodium 30 is very effective.
- If a cholera patient has symptoms as dysentery or constipation with flatulence, use Nux-vomica 6. It will provide benefit.
- In the case of complicated stage of cholera, the patient often starts suffering from lack of blood in his body, the body is changed into yellowish white, and the eyes are shrunken inwards, feels as much weakness as he has no strength even for standing. Thus, using Acid-phos 30 is very beneficial for its treatment.
- In the case of cholera, if the patient feels lack of sleep, use Coffea 6 to cure it.
- In the case of cholera, if boils or wounds have appeared on any part of the body with pus in them, use Hepar-sulphur 6.
- If the glands of ear-root have swollen and that place has fallen red, hot or slanting pain has started with cholera, using Belladonna 3x is very effective.
- In the case of cholera, if the patient has suffered from bed sores with blowing pus from them, taking drugs like- Arsenic 6, Lachesis 6, Arnica 6 or Carbo-veg 6 is very effective.
- If wounds have appeared in the mouth or gums, taking drugs like- Hepar-sulphur 6, Acid Nitric 6, China 6, Sulphur 30 or Carbo-veg 6, etc. is very useful.
- If wounds have appeared with cholera, drugs like- Arum 6, Sulphur 30, Arsenic 6 or Silica 30, etc. are very beneficial.
- If the cholera patient feels burning sensation in his lungs, use Phosphorus 6 or Aconite 3.
Other treatment of cholera besides use of drugs:-
- If cholera is multiplying at any certain place in the form of pestilence, avoid going to that place.
- Do not take polluted food and water.
- Always drink boiled water.
- If the patient is suffering from loose motions and vomiting, he should take rest.
- As soon as symptoms of cholera are found in a person, he should take rest in dry, neat and clean room immediately.
- Choose a ventilated room for the patient.
- Give O.R.S solution or the solution of lemon, sugar or salt to the patient if necessary.
- In the case of cholera, if the patient is suffering from fast cramps or difficulty in breathing and fearing about death, etc., mustard poultice should be tied on the chest.
- If cholera becomes too serious, consult a doctor immediately.