Himalayan Cedar tree is found more in Himalayan hills areas, Myanmar and Bengal. Its tree gets as much space as spreads. This tree gives fruit after 30-40 years. Its age is 100-200 years. As it becomes old as it becomes strong and useful. Its wood is very light than Indian Teak Tree (Sagoun) wood. Different things are made of its wood. King’s throne is also made with it. Cedar is also used to make fragrant sticks (agarabatti). Tripan oil is made from this wood. There are three kinds of this tree:-
Oily Himalayan Cedar (Taileeya): Its Ripe fruit is pungent, glossy, hot in nature, bitter and small. It is useful to eliminate phlegm, constipation, stomach gas trouble, and cures spermatorrhoea (Permeh), piles, fever, asthma, psoriasis, sleeplessness (insomnia), senselessness, blood diseases, swelling, hiccups and catarrh.
Wood Himalayan cedar (Kasht): It is hot in nature, pungent and dry. It eliminates phlegm, gas and ghost problems. It can be applied to cure mouth diseases.
Normal Himalayan Cedar (Saral): It is pungent, bitter, sweet, hot in nature, small and glossy. It is useful to cure skin diseases, wound, itching, throat disease, eyes diseases, and eliminate gas disorders, ear problems, swelling, pain, and spermatorrhoea and kill head louses.
Useful in Different Diseases:
- Grind Himalayan cedar and heat it and after that apply it on the affected part, it provides benefit.
- Grind Himalayan cedar and winter cherry in cow urine properly to make a paste and apply it on the affected part, it eliminates paraplegia.
2. Goitre caused by phlegm: Grind cedar and lead wort’s root with water. Applying prepared paste is useful to get relief in goiter.
3. Fever caused by phlegm: Grind 20 grams cedar with half litre water, afterwards cook until remain 1/8 parts then put down and mix ¼ gram salt in it. Prepared medicine should be taken to cure catarrh and indigestion. It also brings sweat.
4. Joints pain: One and half grams powder of cedar can be used with honey twice a day to end joints pain within two days, but during this treatment, abstinence should be done.
5. Hiccups: Taking Himalayan cedar powder with honey again and again is useful to prevent hiccups.
6. Womb growing: Women should take ground oily cedar. It decreases stomach gas and makes space for womb.
7. Intestinal enlargement: Cedar decoction should be drunk with cow urine to make intestine normal.
8. Asthma: Mix cedar, country mallow (Khirenty) and Indian nard (Balchhad) together and make wicks. Mix these wicks in ghee after that burn it. Taking its smoke cures asthma.
9. Fever: Taking 3-4 grams cedar powder or 10-40 drops of cedar oil brings sweat and increases urine quantity. It also cures fever with swelling.
10. Ear pain: Dripping cedar oil (Calon) in ear is useful to eliminate ear pain.
11. Beri-Beri: Take 3 to 6 grams cedar powder twice a day, it ends body swelling. Taking cedar powder brings excessive sweat and urine, which is useful for the body.
12. Myxoedema (Face, hands and feet swelling): Taking 3 to 6 grams cedar powder or 10 to 40 drops of cedar oil twice a day brings sweat and provides relief in swelling. It also cures fever.
- If any wound is very chronic and with foul smelliness, should apply cedar oil on the affected part. It provides relief. One should wash wound with a decoction of Neem regularly. Taking 3 to 6 grams cedar powder recovers wound quickly. It is useful medicine to cure chronic wound.
- To end wound swelling, grind citron, Indian nard, Himalayan cedar, dry ginger, rasana and premna together to make the powder. Apply it on the affected part.
- Grind cedar, bastard teak (Dhak), mango root, Scindapsus Officinalis (Gajpipal), Hoarse-radish (Sahjan) and winter cherry (Asgandh) with cow urine to make a paste. Applying this paste on stomach is useful to get relief in ulcer.
- Grind equal quantity of cedar, Hoarse-radish and citron (Bijoura nimbu) together. Grind this mixture with cow urine and give it to patient, it cures ulcer.
- Grind 5 grams of an equal quantity of Himalayan cedar, horse radish bark and Prickly Chalf flower with cow urine and take it in the morning daily. It brings polluted gathered water from the stomach and provides freshness to the body.
- Mix an equal quantity of Himalayan cedar, horse radish and lemon (bijora nimbu) and take, it normalizes liver enlargement, ends swelling of stomach, and kills stomach worms.
16. Breast milk disorder: Boil equal quantity of cedar wood, Clematis Triloba (Moorva) root, Guducheetna, Holarrhena Antidysentrica wall (Indrazav), pierorhiza root (Katuki), Indian aloe leaves and dry ginger together to make a decoction. Taking 14 to 28 ml of decoction twice a day makes breast milk pure.
17. Nose disease: One should drip cedar oil (Calon) in the nose and also apply over nose twice a day. It ends nose swelling.
18. Puerperal fever (Sutika): Grind cedar, sandal wood, Silverfir (Talispater) and cuscus root with water to make a paste and apply this paste over body, it cures puerperal fever.
19. Nostrils swelling: Dripping cedar oil (Calon) in the nose twice a day regularly is beneficial to end nostrils swelling.
20. Vagina pain: Grind 5 grams of an equal quantity of cedar, costus root, rock salt and eagle wood together. Boil this preparation with 200 ml water and after that filter it. Immerse a cotton piece in this preparation and put on the vagina, it eliminates vagina pain.
21. Heart pulsation: Grind cedar powder and dry ginger together. Taking 3 to 6 grams of this medicine twice a day is useful to cure heart disease and make heartbeat normal.
22. Achrodynia (Twisting hands and feet): Grind cedar, dry ginger and jaggery together to make tablets. Taking this medicine is useful to end achrodynia.
23. Elephantiasis (Gazcharm):
- Take 3 to 6 grams powder of cedar or 10 to 40 drops of cedar juice regularly, it ends swelling of elephantiasis.
- Grind cedar, turmeric and gum guggul (Googal) together. Applying prepared mixture is useful to get relief in the swelling of chronic elephantiasis.
24. Leprosy: One should take 10 to 40 drops of cedar oil with milk twice a day. Rub also with this oil on the wound. It cures leprosy.
25. Headache: The paste made from cedar wood and water should be applied on the ear to end headache.
26. Erysipelas: Grind equal quantity of cedar, Rasna, Neelkamal, red sandal, sweet flag root (Bach) and liquorices with ghee. Applying prepared mixture on the pimples is beneficial to cure erysipelas caused by gas.
27. Goitre: Grind cedar and bitter gourd (Indrayan) together and make a paste. This paste should be applied on the affected parts to cure throat knots caused by phlegm.
28. Body swelling:
- Mix equal quantity of cedar, dry ginger, turmeric, myrobalan (Harar), tinospora (Giloya), Turk turban moon (Bharnagi), lead wort and hogweed together. Boil prepared mixture with four cups water until remain half cup water then put down and filter it. Taking this medicine is beneficial to end swelling of hands and mouth.
- Boil about 10 grams of an equal quantity of cedar, lead wort, piper root and dry ginger with 500 grams water to make the thin decoction. This decoction should be taken to end body swelling.
- Take about 3 to 6 grams cedar powder or 10 to 40 drops of cedar oil twice a day. It brings sweat and ends swelling caused by filling water into the skin. It also cures fever caused by swelling.
29. Children medicines:
- Grind cedar and colocynth together and apply on the affected part. It is useful to cure goitre caused by phlegm.