GREATLEAVED CALEDIUM (ARBI*)
Great leaved caledium (Arbi) is very famous and known in all the vegetables. Great leaved caledium is cool and humid in nature. The vegetable, which is prepared form its leaves, is very tasty. ‘Tarkaari’ is made from its fruit, soft leaves and leaves. Great leaved caledium is a crop of summer season and is grown in summer and rainy seasons. There are many kinds of Great leaved caledium as Raazal, Dhawalu, Kaali-Alu, Mandle-Alu, Gimaalu and Ramalu. Black Arbi is the best than all of above kinds. Some Arbi have big tuber-root and some have small tuber-root. Many types of pakvan are prepared from it. Arbi is useful to end blood disorders caused by bile. It also stops loose motions.
Name in different languages:
English - Greatleaved caledium
Hindi - Ghuiyain, Arbi, Arui
Latin - Arum Indicum
Great leaved caledium (Arbi) is cool in nature. It increases appetite, body strength and breast milk. Taking great leaved caledium helps in urination clearly and increases Kapha and Vatta disorders. Arbi fruit is also useful to increase sperm count. Its leave’s vegetable increases Vaata and Kapha. The pakvan, which is prepared from its leaves and gram-flour, is very tasty and delicious but it should not be taken in over quantity.
Great leaved caledium should be taken after cooking. Garam Masala, cinnamon and cloves should be put in its vegetables. The person, who suffers from acidity, knees pain and cough, should take over quantity of great leaved caledium.
Useful in different disease:
1. Bile disorders: Drink juice of soft leaves of great leaved caledium (Arbi) with cumin seed powder to remove bile disorders.
2. Colic pain: Boil leaves of great leaved caledium with stem in water and separate it from water. Mix ghee in this preparation and give it to the patient for three days regularly, it ends colic pain.
3. Anuria-dysuria: The person, who suffers from anuria-dysuria, should take juice of great leaved caledium for three days regularly because it is beneficial.
4. Ulcers and Pimples: Make ash by burning leave’s stem of great leaved caledium and mix oil in it. Ulcer and pimples are cured by applying it.
5. Breast milk: The mother, who suckles her baby, should take cooked vegetable of great leaved caledium because it increases breast milk.
6. Blood disorders caused by bile: Cooked vegetable of great leaved caledium’s should be taken in the condition of blood disorders caused by bile.
7. Wrinkles: Great leaved caledium is useful remedy to remove dryness and wrinkles of the skin. If someone suffers from dryness of intestinal or breathing pipe, he should take great leaved caledium.
8. Heart problems: The person, who suffers from heart problems, should take the vegetable of great leaved caledium.
9. Tumours: Coat ground leaves of great leaved caledium on the affected part to get relief in tumours.