If the any bone misplaces from its place due to hurt, it is called fracture.
Name in different languages:
English : Fracture
Hindi : Haddi tutana
Assami : Hadbhang
Bengali : Ashthi bhang
Gujarati : Had ka bhaguna
Kannada : Mule murita
Madras : Elodivu
Marathi : Hadmodano, bheg
Oriya : Had bhangigiba
Punjabi : Haddi tutan
Tamil : Elumbu muribi
Telugu : Amucaviruguta
Type of fracture :
Fracture: The Breaking of A Bone. There are many types of fracture under as:
Comminuted fracture: A fracture in which the bone is broken into pieces.
Complicated fracture: A fracture in which the broken bone injures some internal organ, as broken pierces a lung.
Compound fracture: The breaking of a bone with the formation of an external wound or the protrusion of bone fragments through the skin.
Displaced fracture: A fracture in which the broken bones are displaced.
Fissured fracture: A crack which does not pass through to the other side of the bone.
Greenstick fracture: The fracture in which the bone is partially broken and partially bent so that it looks like a broken greenstick.this type of fracture usually occurs in children, especially in those suffering from rickets.
Impacted fracture: The fracture in which one fragment of the bone is firmly driven into the other.
Incomplete fracture: The fracture in which the line of fracture does not cross the entire bone.
Longitudinal Fracture: fracture in a bone occurring longitudinally.
Multiple fracture: Fracture occurring at two or more places in a bone.
Oblique fracture: Fracture in a bone occurring obliquely. Open fracture: compound fracture.
Pathologic fracture: Fracture occurring due to weakness of the bone produced by some diseases such as cancer of the bone, secondary metastasis fro primary cancer, osteomalacia or osteomyelitis, etc. Simple fracture- Closed fracture
Transverse fracture: Fracture in which the fracture line is at right angles to the long axis of the bone.
Meals and abstinence:
Treatment by different medicines:
1. Water: Spray cold water on the affected part to get relief.
2. Sesame: Apply fresh oil of sesame on the affected part to get relief in fracture.
3. Laghupanchmool: Boil laghupanchmool with 100 milliliters milk or water and pour it on the affected part, it provides relief.
4. Runia cardfolia:
- Make a paste by mixing root of runia cardfolia and root of liquorice with vinegar and washed ghee (which is wash 100 times). Coat this paste on the affected part, it joints the broken bone.
- Make a paste by mixing runia cardfolia, arjun, liqpurice and winter cherry together. Make a decoction by boiling above medicines with water. Apply above paste on the affected part and take this decoction, it joints the broken bone. Grind only runia cardfolia with liquorice and coat it on the affected part, it ends swelling and pain too.
- Grind equal quantity of root of runia cardfolia, bark of mahua and tamarind leaves together then heat it. Apply this mixture on the broken bone and tie bandage, it joints broken bone soon.
- Take 1-3 grams powder of runia cardfolia with honey twice a day, it makes bones strong and joints broken bone soon.
5. Winter cherry: Take decoction (Phant) of winter cherry to get relief in fracture.
6. Uraria picta: Take 10 grams powder of root of uraria picta with meat soup for 21 days to get relief in broken bone.
7. Black musle: Coat ground fruit of black musle on the affected part to get relief in hurt, sprain or fracture.
8. Arjuna: Coat ground bark of arjuna on the affected part and take 5-10 grams sweet dish (Kheer) of arjuna bark (which is prepared with milk) twice a day, it provides relief. 1-3 grams dried powder of arjuna bark should be taken.
9. False calumba: Mix equal quantity of powder of false calumba and middle part of egg together. Take 2 spoons this mixture twice a day regularly; it joints the broken bone soon.
- Make pudding (halva) of wheat with jaggery and take, it provides relief in pain and joints the broken bone.
- Mix 10 grams ash of wheat with 10 grams honey and lick, it joints the broken bone. This process is useful in the pain of waist and joints too.
11. Fenugreek: If the bone becomes fracture, fenugreek seeds should be taken to get relief. It also ends pain of hand and feet.
12. Pithavan: Take about 5 grams powder of root of pithavan with 2 grams turmeric for 21 days, it provides relief in the diseases of bones.
13. Papaya: If the patient has been suffering from weakness of bones and teeth, mix juice of one papaya or guava with half cup carrot juice and half cup juice of indian gooxberry. Take this mixture twice a day regularly to get relief in weakness of the bones and teeth.
14. Acacia Arabica:
- Take ground seeds of acacia Arabica with honey for 3 days joints the broken bone. It makes the bones strong too.
- Take one spoon powder of buds of acacia Arabica twice a day regularly; it joints the broken bone soon.
15. Ashoka: Take 6 grams powder Ashoka bark with milk twice a day and coat its paste on the affected part; it joints the broken bone and also provides relief from pain.