FEVER NUT, BONDUC-NUT
The trees of fever nut are found all over India. Its trees are found on sea-shores and from middle and east Himalayan to Sri Lanka. Mostly, its trees are found on the river banks and nearby water. Its leaves are 30 to 60 centimeters long. The each cluster of its leaves has 6-8 leaves. Its flower clusters are yellow. Fever nut fruits are thorny. Its flowers blossom in rainy season and fruits grow in the winter season.
Name in different languages:
English - Fever nut, Bonduc-nut
Hindi - Kat Karanj
Sanskrit - Lata Karanj, Kantki karanj
Bengali - Natu Karonja
Tamil - Avil gajji
Useful in different diseases:
- Mix Indian cinnamon, orris root and loaf-sugar together and grind equal quantity of it and kernel of fever-nut seed to make the fine powder. After that, smell this powder, it causes sneezing and cures migraine.
- Grind seeds of fever-nut with water and mix some jaggery in it. Heat this mixture and drop its 1 to 2 drops in one side nostril after half an hour drop it into another nostril. The patient should do this process regularly for some days, it cures migraine. This mixture should be dripped in the opposite side nostril until end migraine.
- Applying oil of fever nut on the head provides relief from baldness.
- Apply 6 to 12 grams ground flowers of fever-nut on the head; it ends baldness.
3. Epilepsy: Give 10 to 12 ml juice of fever-nut’s leaves to the epilepsy patient thrice a day, it provides relief in this disease.
4. Eye diseases:
- Mix powder of fever-nut’s seeds with juice of jungle flame (palash) fruits and dry it. Make sticks (salaein) from above mixture and grind these with water. After that, apply this preparation in the eyes, it ends eyes swelling.
- Grind 1 to 2 grams kernel of fever-nut seeds, basil buds and jasmine buds together. Boil this mixture with 8 folds water until it remains some water then filter and boil it again. After that, apply this thick mixture on the eyelids, it provides relief in eye diseases caused by bile.
5. Tooth disease:
- Brush with soft branch of fever-nut and also apply its oil on the teeth, it provides relief in pyorrhoea.
- Taking 7 grams seeds of fever-nut with 7 grams sugar-candy prevents bleeding from the tooth.
- Mix 150 to 750 milligrams powder of fever-nut’s seeds with 125 grams borax khil and after that lick this mixture with honey 3-4 times a day to get relief. Make a chain from seeds of fever-nut and put on it in the throat, it cures cough within 4 to 5 days.
- Taking 10 to 12 ml juice of fever-nut leaves with 250 to 500 milligrams powder of black pepper twice a day for 4 days provides relief.
- Make a chain from buds of fever-nut and put it on the throat, it cures whooping cough.
- Boil 1-2 grams seeds of fever-nut with water and drink, it provides relief.
7. Indigestion: Mix juice of ceylen leadwort’s leaves, black pepper and salt with 10 to 12 ml juice of fever-nut. Giving this mixture to the indigestion patient is useful to get relief in disability of digestion power, diarrhoea and surfeited.
8. Stomach worms: Drinking fever-nut oil kills stomach worms.
9. Liver germs: Mix 125 milligrams to 1-gram powder of babreng and small pepper in 10 to 12 ml juice of fever-nut’s leaves. After that, take this mixture after the meals twice a day for 7-8 days. It kills liver germs.
10. Colic and Vatta pain: Boil leaves of fever-nut tree with rice water and drink; it ends colic and vatta pain. It also enhances digestion power.
- Fry 1-3 grams leaves of fever-nut with ghee and sesame oil. After that, take this preparation with sattu (parched barley) before the meals, it cures piles. It is also useful in gas trouble and motion problems.
- Make a paste by grinding soft leaves of fever-nut tree. After that, apply this paste on the bloody piles, it provides relief. Grind 1-3 grams leaves of fever-nut and filter it. After that, take this preparation.
- Mix equal quantity of powder of leadwort, dry ginger, rock salt and bark of holarrhena antidysentrica wall (indrajav) with 500 milligrams to 2 grams powder of fever-nut’s root. After that, take 1 to 3 grams this powder twice a day. It is useful to cure piles and bloody piles.
- Grind 2 grams powder of bark of fever-nut root with cow urine. After that, take this preparation regularly for 3 days. It provides relief in piles. Patient should take only whey in abstinence.
12. Diabetes: Taking infusion of fever-nut flowers is useful to cure diabetes and diabetes mellitus.
- Licking 2-3 grams powder of kernels of fever-nut seeds with sugar or honey twice a day provides relief in vomiting and haemoptysis along with phlegm.
- Mix toasted seeds of fever-nut and half quantity of sugar and grind. After that, make tablets equal the gram from it. After that, give 1 tablet at an interval of 10-10 minutes, it prevents vomiting quickly. Or cook pieces of fever-nut seeds and toast these on the flame. After that, give 1-2 pieces many times a day, it provides relief.
14. Sperm count: Rubbing juice of fever-nut leaves on the soles and palms makes sperm thick. Chewing one seed of fever-nut during intercourse makes sperm thick.
15. Gonorrhoea: Mix 1-3 ml juice of fever-nut root with equal quantity of coconut water and filtered water of lime. After that, take this mixture twice a day, it ends inflammation and swelling of the ureter. It also prevents discharge of pus.
16. Vatta pain:
- Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of fever nut seeds, black salt, dry ginger and asafetida together. After that, take 500 milligrams of this powder to one gram this powder with fresh water; it ends pain due to vatta.
- Grind one kernel of fever-nut seed and 125 grams pure blue vitriol together. Mix mustard oil in it and make 12 tablets from the above mixture. After that, take one tablet regularly, it provides relief from back and Vatta pain.
- Fry 10 to 20 grams soft leaves of fever-nut with sesame oil. Taking this preparation is useful to end vatta pain quickly.
17. Stone: First day, take one gram powder of kernels of fever-nut seeds with 3 grams honey, its 1 gram quantity should be increased regularly for 11 days. After 11 days, its 1 gram quantity should be reduced in the same serial daily until remains 3 grams; it breaks both types of stone (gall stone and kidney stone).
- Spraying 2 ml milky juice of bark of fever-nut root on the affected part is useful to cure fistula it quickly.
- Tie a packet (Pultish) of fever-nut leaves on dirty wound of fistula. Or mix 10-20 ml juice of fever-nut’s soft leaves with juice of neem or five leaved chaste. Immerse a cotton piece in this juice and tie it on fistula wound. It cures fistula wound and kills wound germs.
- Grind fever-nut leaves and Indian privet or neem leaves together and make a bandage from it. Tying this bandage on the fistula provides relief. Or grind these leaves with vinegar to prepare hot paste. Applying this paste on fistula provides relief.
19. Leprosy and skin diseases:
- Mix equal quantity powder of leadwort’s root, black pepper and rock salt with 10-12 ml juice of fever-nut’s leaves. Mix this mixture with 2 folds curd and take it twice a day for 3-4 months, it ends burning sensation caused by leprosy.
- Make a paste by grinding 1-2 grams fever-nut seeds, turmeric, myrobalan and mustard together. After that, apply this paste on the skin. It cures leprosy within 10 days.
- Make a paste by grinding leaves of catechu tree, fever-nut and neem together. After that, apply this paste on the skin and leprosy, it provides quick relief. Or make the decoction by boiling above herbs and take bath with this decoction and drink it also, it cures skin diseases and leprosy.
- Grind 1-2 grams seeds of fever-nut with root of sweet scented oleander to make a paste. After that, apply this paste on skin. It provides relief in this disease.
- Mix sulphur and lemon juice with 10-20 ml juice of fever-nut leaves. After that, apply this mixture on itching and eczema part, it provides quick relief.
- Apply 25 grams oil of fever-nut with 4 grams ash of zinc on the skin; it ends itching, consumption.
- Apply fever-nut oil on the skin and keep care about cleanness, it cures normal leprosy.
- Apply fever nut oil on normal leprosy and keep cleanness, it provides benefit.
- Mix powder of leadwort and rock salt with 25 ml oil of fever-nut to prepare paste. After that, apply this paste on the suffered part. It provides relief in Kukunak leprosy.
- Mix equal quantity of fever-nut oil and lemon juice together, when it turns into yellow then apply it on the skin, it cures itching, face acnes, wrinkles, pimples and other diseases of the skin. It also cures flecks and spots of the body caused by syphilis or other diseases.
- Taking 1-2 grams paste of fever-nut’s fruits is useful to get relief in leprosy and skin diseases.
- Applying juice of fever-nut root on the dirty wounds is beneficial to cure them.
- Grind equal quantity of fever-nut, madar, milk hedge, purging cassia and jasmine with cow urine. After that, apply this mixture on wound, it ends wound pain. It also cures wound, dirty piles and nerves wound.
- Grind 1-3 grams leaves of fever-nut with five leaved chaste. After that, apply this preparation on the wound, it ends swelling caused by wound.
- Make a bandage from leaves of fever-nut. Tying this bandage on the wound kills wound worms.
21. Chicken pox: Make a paste by grinding equal quantity of fever-nut seeds, sesamem and mustard together. After that, apply this paste on the afflicted part, it provides relief.
- Grind kernel of fever-nut with water and drop it on the navel, it cures fever caused by phlegm.
- Grind 3 soft leaves of fever-nut and 2 black peppers with water. After that, apply this preparation on the navel, it cures fever caused by phlegm.
23. Pyorrhoea: Mix equal quantity of fever-nut, triphala (Mixed powder of Indian Gooseberry, Terminalia chebulic retz and beleric myrobalan) and sespadula fruits with ghee and store it. Giving 1-2 grams this mixture to the child 2-3 times a day cures pyorrhoea.
24. Aids: Mix sugar-candy in paste of leaves and root of fever-nut tree. After that, take this mixture twice a day. It provides relief in this disease.