Fetid cassia is known the names of as- Pamar, Chakarmard, Dadrughan, Drudhbeej etc.
Colour: Leaves are green, flowers are yellow and seeds are black of fetid cassia.
Taste: It is pungent and bitter.
Structure: Fetid cassia tree is found in ruined buildings and forests. Its each branch has five round leaves. Its specialty is that its leaves blossom at sunrise and close at sunset. Its bark, seeds and fruits are used in the medicines.
Nature: Its nature is cool.
Precaution: Taking over quantity of fetid cassia is harmful for the cool natured persons.
Compare: It can be compared with Chakodi and Chakoda.
Fetid cassia is delicious, dry and light. It is useful to cure Vatta, Pitta, ringworm, leprosy, piles and wounds. It reduces obesity (fatness) and kills stomach worms. The vegetable of fetid cassia leaves is hot in nature and increases bile disorder. It is useful to cure vatta, kappha, leprosy, itching, cough and asthma. Its seeds are hot in nature.
Useful in different diseases:
1. Skin diseases: Make a paste by mixing fetid cassia seeds with radish juice and coat it on the affected part, it cures skin diseases. All the skin problems are cured by its use.
2. Granular trachoma (Pothaki): Grind Fetid cassia seeds on the stone piece and apply it in the eyes as collyrium. It is useful to cure granular trachoma (an eye disease).
3. Ear pimples: Grind Fetid cassia seeds with lemon juice and apply it on the ear pimples. Its use cures pimples.
4. Herpes: Mix Fetid cassia seeds with lemon juice or grind with whey then apply it on herpes. It is useful to end burning sensation and pain of this disease.
5. Ringworm: Grind Fetid cassia seeds with radish leaves or lemon juice and apply it on the affected part. It is very useful to cure ringworm and end skin swelling.
6. Leprosy (Korh): Boil Fetid cassia seeds with the milk of milk hedge and mix with cow urine. Keep this preparation in sun light for some time. Apply this preparation on the wound; it cures all the types of leprosy disease named ‘kitibhi’.
7. Face acnes: Grind Fetid cassia seeds with radish leave or lemon juice and apply it on the face. It is useful to cure face acnes, pimples, shades and itching.
8. Elephantiasis: Mix Fetid cassia with lemon juice or grind with whey and apply it on the affected part, it provides relief in elephantiasis. Its application will be as beneficial as the skin is thick. With it, taking 1-2 grams powder of fetid cassia seeds twice a day is useful to cure elephantiasis along with its outer application. This powder is very useful in the condition of elephantiasis.