FABACEAE, PSORALIA CORYLIFOLIA
Fabaceae plants grow in stony soil and near by bushes all over India. Somewhere, it is cultivated in the fields too. Its seeds and seeds’ oil are used as medicines. The flowers of fabaceae plant appear in the winter season and fruit appear in the summer season.
Name in different languages:
English - Axekueliuet fiyekortiya
Hindi - Brachia, Bakuchi
Sanskrit - Bakuchi, Putifali, Krishnafala, Kushthni.
Marathi - Vavchi
Gujarati - Bavchi
Telugu - Bhavanchi
Tamil - Karpokarishi
Bengali - Hakuch, somraj, Bukachidana
Latin - Soreliya corelifolia
Surname - Babysia
Colour: It is black.
Taste: It is spicy and sweet.
Structure: The age of fabaceae plant is one year and its height is 30 to 120 centimeters. Its leaves are 1 to 3 inches long, in round shape, smooth from both sides, shiny and with black spots. Its flowers appear at the leaf’s root. They are 10 to 30 in number. Its flowers are small, purple and violet which grow in clusters. It has black and long pods. Its pods have black seeds similar to lentil and have fragrance like beel fruit. The leaves of fabaceae plant are like the aloe vera. Its fruits are black which grow in clusters. Its fruit has black seeds in round shape. There is an offensive smell from these seeds.
Nature: Normally, fabaceae is hot and dry but according to some scholars, it is a little hot. Its seeds contain evaporable oil, resin or Razil, stable oil and two Crustlines satva sorolane. The peel of fabaceae fruit contains Sorolidin substance. Fabaceae cures leprosy and destroys enzymes because of these substances.
Quality: Fabaceae is dry, tasty and purgative. It is useful for the heart and sets motions. Fabaceae cures haemoptysis, asthma, leprosy, spermatorrhoea and fever. It kills stomach worms and eliminates gas troubles. Fabaceae fruit increases bile (pitta) and is useful for hair and skin. It is spicy and cures leprosy, vomiting, asthma, cough, swelling, rheumatism and jaundice. It brings phlegm out and eliminates vatta.
Precaution: Fabaceae generates wounds in the body. Taking over quantity of fabaceae may be the cause of vomiting.
Removing side-effect: Curd and aniseed retain its properties and remove its side-effects.
Dosage: It should be taken in 2 grams quantity.
Quality: Fabaceae increases appetite and removes white marks of leucoderma, dark Colour flecks, itching as well as cures leprosy. Its use reduces fever caused by phlegm and heals the sores of urethra. It also kills the worms of stomach.
Useful in different diseases:
1. White flecks: Make the powder by grinding some seeds of fabaceae with equal quantity of sesame. Taking one spoon of this powder with cold water twice a day for one year provides relief to remove white flecks.
2. Germs in teeth: Grind the root of fabaceae plant and mix a little toasted alum in it to prepare the powder. Brushing with this powder twice a day destroys teeth germs and toothache will disappear. It also makes the teeth strong.
3. Asthma: Make the powder by grinding half-gram seeds of fabaceae. Taking this powder with ginger juice 2-3 times a day provides relief in cough and phlegm comes out after diluting.
4. Diarrhoea: Eating cooked vegetable of fabaceae leaves twice a day for some weeks provides relief in diarrhoea.
5. Jaundice: Taking half-gram powder of fabaceae seeds in 10 milliliters juice of hogweed twice a day provides relief in jaundice.
6. Piles: Make the powder by grinding 2 grams myrolealans (harar), 2 grams dry ginger and 1-gram fabaceae seeds together. Taking half spoon of this powder with jiggery (gur) twice a day provides relief in piles.
7. Sterility: Grind fabaceae seeds with the oil and apply this paste in the vagina after menstrual excretion. Its use ends sterility.
- Grind fabaceae and sesame (til) 3 grams each into fine powder. Taking this powder with water twice a day proves very beneficial in leprosy. It should be taken at least for 7-8 months regularly.
- Make the powder by grinding fabaceae seeds, white musli and white leadwort 25 grams each together. Taking 4 grams this powder with honey twice a day provides relief.
- Dry fabaceae and flavieria repanda in shadow and grind them into powder. Take 5 grams this powder with water regularly for 21 days to treat leprosy.
- Take 6 grams flavieria repanda and fabaceae powder with water regularly for 21 days. Alternatively, grind both herbs with water and apply the preparation on the the affected part. Leprosy disappears by root after its use. Salt is prohibited during this treatment.
- Make the powder by grinding four parts fabaceae seeds and 1 part tabkiya hastal. Shuffle this powder with the urine of cow and apply on the white marks. Its use provides relief in this disease.
- Grind equal quantity of fabaceae and foetid cassia with vinegar to prepare a paste. Apply this paste on the white marks to get relief.
- Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of fabaceae, sulphur and asclepias geminate (gudmar) together. Immerse 12 grams this powder in water overnight then filter it. Take this preparation with fresh water in the morning and apply the remaining substance on the teeth. White leprosy disappears by its use.
- Mix 2 parts fabaceae oil, 2 parts oil of tuvrak and 1 part of sandal oil together and store it. Applying this oil on the skin provides relief in common skin diseases and white leprosy.
- The use of 1-gram pure fabaceae with 100 milligrams decoction or powder of Indian gooseberry (amla) removes the white leprosy.
- Make a paste by grinding equal quantity of fabaceae, small fennel and datura’s seeds with the juice of madar leaves. Apply this paste on white flecks to remove them.
- Grind equal quantity of fabaceae, foetid cassia and ochre with ginger’s juice to prepare a paste. Apply this paste on the white flecks and walk in sunshine after its application. Its use provides relief.
- Grind equal quantity of fabaceae, ruddle and sulphur properly. Mix ginger juice in this mixture and make pieces of 10 grams. Immerse 1 piece in 30 milligrams water at night. Take this preparation followed by fresh water and rub the remaining substance on the white flecks properly. Foment it in sunshine after its use. Leprosy disappears by its.
- Make a powder by grinding equal quantity of fabaceae, celery seeds, foetid cassia and lotus branches (kamal gatta). Mix a little honey in this powder and make tablets. Take 1-2 tablets with the decoction of fig tree’s root twice a day to cure white leprosy.
- Grind equal quantity of pure fabaceae, bark of fig tree’s root, bark of neem tree and leaves of fabaceae. Mix this powder in the decoction of catechu tree bark and then store it. Take 2-5 grams this mixture with water to get relief in this disease.
- Grind 100 grams fabaceae, 25 grams ruddle (geru) and 50 grams seeds of foetid cassia together. Filter this mixture with the help of a cloth and boil it three times in the juice of flavieria repanda. Grind this mixture with cow’s urine and apply it on white flecks twice a day. Leprosy disappears by its use.
- Grind fabaceae powder with ginger juice to prepare a paste. Apply this paste on white flecks to get quick relief.
- Make the powder by grinding two parts fabaceae, 1 part blue vitriol and 1 part borax together and filter through cloth. Grind this powder with the juice of flavieria repanda regularly for one week and store it. Mix lemon juice in this mixture and apply it on white flecks. White leprosy disappears by its use. Its use is inflammable so its use should be stopped after the appearance of blisters.
- Take one-gram powder of pure fabaceae with the decoction of beleric myrobalan’s bark (bahera) and jungle fig tree’s root regularly. White leprosy disappears by its use.
- Make the fine powder by grinding fabaceae, turmeric and powder of mudar root. Filter this powder through a cloth and store it. Mix urine of cow or vinegar in this powder. Applying this mixture on the affected part removes the white flecks.
- Take 10 drops fabaceae oil on semi-spherical spongy cake (batasa) regularly for some days to remove white flecks.
- Take one grams fabaceae with 3 grams black sesame (til) twice a day for one-year regularly. Leprosy disappears by its use.
9. Cough: Take half spoon powder of fabaceae’s seeds with ginger 2-3 times a day. Its use provides relief in cough and brings the phlegm out by diluting it.
10. Tumour: Grind fabaceae seeds and tie it on tumour. The tumor suppresses by its use.
11. Loose motions and dysentery: Taking cooked vegetable of fabaceae’s leaves with curd and pomegranate seeds twice a day provides relief.
12. Acnes: Taking oil of fabaceae seeds twice a day proves very beneficial if a person has been suffering from acnes, scabies, itching and tooth problems.
13. White flecks on forehead caused by bindi: Grind some seeds of fabaceae into fine paste. Apply this paste on flecks before sleeping at night regularly for 3-4 weeks. The flecks and pimples of the forehead disappear by its use. Fabaceae oil also can be used instead of this paste.
14. Deafness: Make the powder by grinding equal quantity of white musli and fabaceae together. Taking 3 grams this powder with milk twice a day provides relief in deafness.
15. Stomach worms: Mix fabaceae, pure sulphur, seeds of bastard teak, parsikayvani, holarrhena antidysentrica wall (Indrayav), Krishna lavan and black myrobalan chebulie fruit together after grinding. Taking this mixture with churnodak twice a day kills stomach worms.
16. Inflammation and itching of the vagina: Mix equal quantity of sandal wood oil and fabaceae oil together. Rubbing this oil on the vagina cures inflammation and itching of the vagina.